Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Got eliminated on the see-saw my first try but made it through on attempt 2, felt great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Highlight of my Fall Guys run was our team winning the ball race before either of the others made it halfway

(Then I got eliminated in the next round even though I was the first one to the end of a hidden maze but fell off because I missed the jump to the finish line lol)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The United States Armed Forces: 0
The Republic of Gamers: 1

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Inspired by a pizza someone got earlier in the thread, I made one with white sauce, bacon, mozzarella, and brussels sprouts. This one was a bit more intensive, but I kind of liked how the staggered steps were kind of efficient in using the heat of the oven that had to go to 500 degrees anyway.

Rendered two strips of bacon in the oven at 375 degrees, then reserved the fat and drained the bacon. After it cooled, I tossed the sprout halves in some of the bacon fat, salt, and pepper, and roasted in the oven at 425 until just about done, as they would be finished on the pizza. I saved the loose leaves and also roasted those as a side.

While that was cooking, I made the white sauce: heated minced garlic in the remaining bacon fat, whisked in a tablespoon of flour, then reduced 3/4 cup milk and two tablespoons of grated parmesan with a teaspoon of minced rosemary.

This was the batch of dough where I hosed up the hydration and had to bring it back by eyeballing it. This meant that it was very wet and hard to work with, which explains the "rustic" shape of it. It also sank into the well-seasoned screen and I basically had to saw it out, lol. Regardless, the crust itself had great texture and taste so I don't want to throw out the rest of this batch of dough -- for the next pizza I will probably just oil it up and use a pan to save myself some hassle.

The sauce was decadent -- I still had a bunch of it left over and I will probably just toss some pasta in it and that's tomorrow's meal sorted out. It basically was like garlic butter, and it melded with the cheese, bacon, and crust extremely well. The sprouts were fine, though I think the moisture from the dough and cheese, along with the large size of the sprout halves, meant that it started to steam a bit (this is the worst way to cook sprouts!). Not enough to throw off the taste, but I think in the future if I put them on pizza, I'll slice them into thinner quarters and drop them later into the cook, just so they embed in the cheese without being exposed to too much moisture.

The star of this was the sauce though -- I know now what they were talking about in FF7R

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 6, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

cranking it, eh

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

F.K... in the coffee

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Remember Super Nintendo World? :sigh:

https://twitter.com/ThomasPussyCat/status/1290847963061735424
https://twitter.com/TVManiaco_tvps2/status/1290875051101872129

https://www.pastemagazine.com/games/super-nintendo-world/super-nintendo-world-video-leak/

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

They would rather burn the company to the ground and start over than ever pay minorities fairly.

The fact that when the debacle started blowing up online their first instinct was to suspend the very popular video producer with a strong fandom who was publicly taking a stand against the racism inside the org, it was never going to end well.

Learning that Anna Wintour summoned everyone on Zoom and told them to delete posts in support of him, that makes perfect sense

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rinkles posted:

think some ppl in this thread liked this game (wilmot's warehouse)?

free on epic

I generally don't like sokoban games but this literal "sokoban" game was super good and cool

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

When is John Wick coming to Apex

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Will Soulja boy be playing it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

looks like everyone is making BOTWlikes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1291480009371201541

Relax Or DIE posted:

I had stuff going on so I let it drop, my fault. I was actually gonna pick a new game and revive it this evening after my FFXIV raids

I played like an hour of Pikuniku and it was OK even though Pac-Man 2-likes aren't a genre I love

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh that reminds me to check out Unity of Command 2

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The sauce was decadent -- I still had a bunch of it left over and I will probably just toss some pasta in it and that's tomorrow's meal sorted out.

The white sauce was so rich it basically took on the texture of butter in the fridge. I revived it with some milk and pasta water to toss with some linguine. Served with some remaining sprouts and two chicken legs, and I took the remaining sauce and thickened it to slather on the chicken pieces like garlic butter. Dusted with fresh chopped basil, dried oregano, crushed red pepper, and grated parmesan.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

[transaction related to WeChat] by [person/property in US jurisdiction] with [Tencent] would be the intended reading, but the executive can do whatever until they face a legal challenge

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

i'm a sovereign citizen of the republic of gamers, i'm going to be okay
We live in an Age of Gamers...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Slasher bungles another scoop

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

do these games have Ace Combat-style anime war plotlines

I need those

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dM7-58eFXI

"Allied Headquarters has initiated Operation Fighter's Honor. You have been chosen as a member of Special Tactical Fighter Squadron SCARFACE."

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Alt-history WWII...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UuvwB4NvHk

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tofOv04NjJ4

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Fandome" is a bad name imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I wonder if gochujang (Korean chili paste) would work on a pizza... thinking about mixing it in with red sauce

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

But what about DrDipsrespect

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Horizon Zero Dawn at 4K@60fps sounds good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Based on impressions, that's a pipe dream. Unless they ever optimize the port.

Really? Death Stranding is great on the PC isn't it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Awesome Animals posted:

I bet this would work wonderfully.

Update: it did.

Gochujang is both sweeter and spicer than marinara sauce so the kick it added was phenomenal. Did a ratio of 1 tsp gochujang to 1.5 tbsp red sauce, which seemed to be ideal. Green onion was a natural pairing here: the tang of the roasted whites and the crispness of the fresh greens worked in perfect harmony with the sauce.

I think I should stop trying to force leafy greens onto here, might as well just make a side salad. Need to brainstorm other topping replacements

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

paul bettany in the avengers is a homunculus

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Knack 2 ended with Knack going off into the world to find more beings like him after being confronted by an army of soulless automatons created from artifacts like him during the course of the story

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The combination of the pizza and the heat forced me to take a nap, I should probably start pushing these heavy meals towards the end of the day if I don't want to lose whole afternoons (where I could be gaming)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_hcNxfMW7o

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/molleindustria/status/1292167712110772224

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Michael Ian Black is one of the screenwriters of this lol. There were a few bits I laughed at ngl.

However, they pull the same poo poo as Mass Effect 3, Deus Ex, etc where you get to the end and despite all your choices you basically push a button to pick one of three ending scenes. I ran through twice but not going to bother 100%ing it

Yeah I would assume that the logic of a system they were using to play branching video clips in the 90s couldn't really track anything besides "what was the last choice you made" so that tends to be how things go

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Whats the current all endings speedrun WR for that movie?

lol there's a clip from a news article downthread and it talks about how people in the theater were gaming the system by pushing buttons in empty seats and yelling for people to vote for a specific choice

Twitch Plays, decades in advance

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah I would say the vast majority of FF players would land on either 6 or 7 being the ones that epitomize the series

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Square should go back to making more spin-offs

Thinking about playing Type-0

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I tried playing FFT once and it seemed absurdly bad idk

They were right: the hearts of men ARE black with corruption and needs must be cleansed

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/dreamboum/status/1264029012055265282

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I liked getting new outfits

FFX-2 then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU