Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

classic. might want to revert all the filtered words though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
oh boy, i really over-salted this pasta. oh geez. oh man.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
1 am to 6:30 am on weekdays, I still commute

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gripweed posted:

bet you get through a lot of podcasts

i have no use for podcasts. podcasts, bah

it's only when i get below four hours a night that things in my body/brain start to go ping, otherwise i just make it on catnaps when i can't keep my eyes open

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i definitely need more sleep than i'm getting but i stay up very late because i don't want tomorrow to happen

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
13 Sentinels is getting a western release next month and I’m a sucker for Vanillaware’s stuff

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

Never heard of it

in case you’re serious you should remedy this immediately

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Avs off huh

alas, I am undone

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

LionArcher posted:

Well have a great day. Congrats on being mean on the Internet in the year 2020. I'm done talking about this.

please also be done talking about everything else

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I remember in the comic there being a creepy age difference, and Scott is really toxic and abusive, with the end result being that he never grows as a person or changes.

the big revelation in the comic is that scott is a self-absorbed, developmentally arrested slob who's literally been editing his own past to make himself seem more appealing in his mind, and he finishes the story by getting a proper job and not chasing after high schoolers or emotionally compromised amazon drivers

the movie and comic are both okay but they're anchored to their time period, where the most pressing issues for most people of its target demographic consisted of self-esteem problems and general listlessness rather than *waves vaguely at world completely on fire*

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

stev posted:

Psychological horror shouldn't be scary, it should be creepy, sickening or unnerving. I want games to get in my head, not startle me or make my heart race.

shatmemz wasn't any of the above, it straddled a line between "perplexing" and "faintly embarrassing"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
silent hill 2's biggest strength wasn't symbolism but solipsism, there wasn't a single thing in that town that didn't come back to james in some way and that combined with the overall atmosphere of suffocating claustrophobic despair is what's distinguished it from every other horror game before or since

lots of games try to sell the idea of a "personal hell" but they usually go on too long or have too many moving parts to really pull off the concept, sh2 is one of the few that did

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Knock Knock gave me a serious case of creeping dread because in classic Icepick Lodge fashion you are seldom given any idea what you're doing or why you're doing it and everything keeps getting more horrible anyway

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Ive been using the same office chair for maybe nine years and the back finally snapped back too far to where now I can't rest my back against it without leaning back at like a 30 degree angle. Someone convince me not to buy a gamer chair because at this point they're the same price as office chairs

just get something from herman-miller or steelcase, you can pick them up on the used market for a song and they're both ergonomic and functionally indestructible

when i got my steelcase leap two years ago it was already ten years old and it hasn't failed me yet, knock on wood

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
max, dangling a perp from outside a fifth-story window

perp: "no, please! have mercy!"
max: "i've had mercy. it was unpleasantly gooey, like...well, like something dropped onto the pavement from a great height"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
bonded leather is the absolute worst, i had an old staples chair that shedded so much it was scattered like beach sand no matter how much you vacuumed

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Barudak posted:

Usually when your story is about destroying that society from the inside that happens.

New Wolfenstein uses that trope as a basis for why the Nazis got super weapons and its a plot thread that leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I don't like it even if I understand the alternative is also bad.

i've seen this opinion posted elsewhere and it's wrong, the nazis basically crowbarred open one of the superweapon vaults and robbed it blind, at which point the secret society tried to convene so that they could determine how to distribute their technology to non-nazis to counter it

unfortunately the nazis got to them first

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Barudak posted:

Having a secret cabal of technology not shared with people is the plot that lets the Nazi's get the tech and plays into Jewish conspiracy myths. The issue is the alternative is presenting the Nazis as remotely scientific anything in their own right which is probably worse.

da'at yichud's concept of creation strictly as a way to commune with the divine without practical application was super cool actually

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
local weeb Samurai Sanders was overflowing with praise for it

it certainly looks unique which for me is like 90% of the sale

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

stev posted:

Sure but people are literally standing huddled in busy pubs for 3-4 hours at a time.

they're also idiots

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
that warehouse was a cruel trap

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
restaurant near me used to do a delicious and cheap gnocchi bolognese and it's maybe the one thing i really miss in the time of plague

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
pretty much all fermentation-based dishes exist because it was a novel way to preserve food, and then people kept eating them anyway for a laugh i guess

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
huge props to battletoads 2020 for perfectly capturing the spirit of its predecessors

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the secret world's lore pages are genuinely some of the most memorably written things i've read recently

lo? hell? hello.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I think the weird part is how focused Nintendo is on having like 10 different controller set-ups and how that just doesn't jive with continuing to go with motion controls.

I got Kentucky Route Zero. Literally know nothing about it wish me luck

*plucks banjo dolorously*