Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Rinkles posted:

loving shameless. MSI PR intimidating/sweet-talking/bribing smaller youtubers critical of their products. This is the sort of thing I'm always afraid of from creators without some larger backing. But I didn't imagine it was this blatant. Idk how much this sort of thing extends to the software side of things, but I suspect it happens there too. We know relationships with PR can get cushy.

Speaking solely for the gaming industry, it's as bad if not worse. I've heard of higher-ups in publishing sayin, during all-team meetings, things like "Eurogamer doesn't get review copies from us anymore, they've given us bad scores too many times." Apparently he next went on to complain about big-name youtubers asking for too much money do do reviews, first looks, and previews...
So yeah I'm not surprised. You need to keep mfgs happy to get preview hardware, and they don't want reviews, they want free publicity and advertising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU