Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
game's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Will Hitman on PC also get a VR update too?

Yes but only for a 5 day period and you can only play it once

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

You know it's pretty great that the HZD PC port has lots of problems because I now get to combine two of my favorite things: Playing Horizon Zero Dawn and endlessly tweaking PC settings for incremental and dubious improvements.

Just lock it at 30fps and max everything out, thats what I did for Red Dead 2 and it plays great (albeit with the Nvidia low latency mode on)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

I like the way people fall over when they get shot or their horse trips over something, it's funny :colbert:

Also game looks great, is well acted and has a good story so far. I was v v cold on the game before when I was often away from home working so never had time to get into it, but it has been a good stay at home avoiding the deadly virus game

Edit: also low latency mode is a game changer, it's sluggish as hell without it enabled

Convex fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 8, 2020

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
The best JRPGs are FF7, Chrono trigger and Skies of Arcadia. Also Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and Paper Mario 1-2 are great. I have never really managed to stay interested in any others

Edit: oh yeah Barkley Shut Up and Jam Garden is ace too, shame about the sequel

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
If I had lots of money and no concern about RoI I'd pay to have a new monkey Island made that was basically Assassins Creed 4 but with insult fighting and the collectibles replaced with various dumb hats for Murray which he would hate wearing but be unable to remove

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

RE1/2 are probably the best remakes, I can't think of any better ones

:agreed:

I'm still sad that RE3 was so compromised as it was fun to play, just incredibly short and linear with no real replayability :(

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Also didn't cliffyb famously leave Epic as he didn't think Fornite would take off :v:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Are the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games (1-2) still any good? I picked them up on a Steam sale a while back but never got further than 30 mins into the first one

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

1 and 2 are fun with friends. And X-Men Legends 1 and 2 which basically are the same thing but only mutants.

cool, thanks :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
They did it with Dole bananas in Monkey Ball as well and it was awesome

The later versions with plain, unbranded bananas were weak by comparison

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
A man gets lost in a field and finds a mysterious hatch leading him down some stairs to a neoliberal utopia filled with grotesquely deformed ayn rand worshippers and oppressed minorities considered sub-human. Initially the brutal horrors of unchecked capitalism and abject human slavery shock the player, but after shooting guns at men for at least 8-10 hours they learn that perhaps there are no angels on either side and the truth is somewhere in the middle. Indeed perhaps they, the player, are also complicit

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
play reelism 2 guys

if you can connect to download it

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I wish Skies of Arcadia had actually sold well enough to get 1. a digital release and 2. a massively popular MMO :sigh:

Am playing through it now and it's v good, I'd say my favourite JRPG next to Chrono Trigger so far

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Not a Children posted:

I have trouble articulating exactly why SoA is one of my favorite games. I think it's a great example of how a "standard" game can be outstanding

There's nothing particularly innovative about its mechanics or story, but every storytelling/narrative beat is just nailed obscenely well. I just wish the battle system wasn't quite as busted - once you figure out how to abuse items magic takes a bit of a backseat.

Yeah the music, characters, setting and everything are really congruent and ultimately is v good. I even like the blocky N64 looking character emotes.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I still remember horse armour :corsair:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

ah but what can you do, as Mario says, "threat neutralised!"

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Weedle posted:

he looks like a character in a cutting-edge video game from electronic arts

Mirror's edge catalyst is already 4 years old lol

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

The naming department at Microsoft is having an internal contest to find the most ridiculous name that they can get past the execs

It's the only explanation for xbone sad and xbox sex

why not xbone r

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
New total ear game is free on Epic for 24 hours

Edit: that should have said total war :v:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Apple and epic are both bad. Whoever wins, we lose :mad:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

In a change of pace, everyone post your favorite 'best games' or 'order of quality in a series' list whatever that might mean to you

Doom 2
Nier Automata
Link to the Past
Super Mario Bros. 3
Contra
Secret of Monkey Island
resident evil 4
Super Monkey Ball
Blood
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Chrono Trigger

edit: have just realised that I have never finished SMB3!

Convex fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 13, 2020

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Stux posted:

this is legit using kids for their stupid corporate war we're entering a new level of nightmare planet

I can imagine this being the plot of a cancelled Robocop 4 from 1996, with John Glover as an evil CEO ordering programmers to insert subliminal messages brainwashing mobs of children to assassinate corporate rivals

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Apple uses factories in China that are so brutal that they installed a special net to prevent people commiting suicide on the job.

Also the same factories now employ forced Uighur labour

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

ChickenMedium posted:

George
Ringo
Paul

John

Just fixing that for you :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

What'd John Lennon do

beat his wife
neglected his son
be a sanctimonius prick

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

The 3 Beatles not John
George Martin
Peter Best

John

:hmmyes:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

well... good

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Imagine what kind of terrible game would have Monster energy drink marketing- oh.

Silent Hill 2: James has just finished watching a videotape. Laura runs into the room and starts hitting him. "You're a monster, James", she shouts.

James calmly pushes her away and reaches for a refreshing MonsterTM energy drink, before pulling off a sick headshot on pyramid head and levelling up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Or instead of this just Death Stranding.

yes but i thought i would make a joke