Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1289224051529904129

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is Newspaper Spider-Man still going?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

idk Harley Quinn seems pretty popular

I like her DC Animated show.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:same:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Choco Meteor is one of the funniest abilities.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Someone overlay that video with Crazy Chocobo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is the new Battletoads good?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What about rad dad?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Capitalism needs to be stopped.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnFcArSTmD8

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Mega Man X highway stage

Also this

sharrrk posted:

city escape

And this

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

haveblue posted:

My favorite trope is how I get told to rush off somewhere to urgently save the world but then everyone including the villain waits patiently while I spend seemingly months solving random strangers' trivial problems

The Oblivion Gates in ES4 were an obnoxious solution to this. Accidentally wander into the main quest and now there's a bunch of eyesores around Cyrodil that I got tired of real fast, so time to rush through the story to get rid of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Relax Or DIE posted:

related to the tropes question, what jrpg bosses succeed in feeling as imposing at the narrative implies they are, in a mechanical/play sense?

the one that got me thinking about this, for example, is luca blight - he's a thin but fun character and when you finally get to fight him for real he takes an in-cutscene ambush by your army then you fight him with 3 full different parties, then you have to do a one-on-one duel before he's finally done. it always stuck with me because the design of the encounter really sells that even with every single advantage you can still barely take this guy out.

Having Sephiroth be a temporary party member who annihilates every encounter while Cloud is just this low level smuck that can barely contribute was a pro move.

Then there's the snake that you either worked really hard to kill early or used a chocobo to bypass and you just find it's body impaled on a tree by Sephiroth at the end of the swamp you encountered it in.