Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Never do what you love to make a living in America because the owner class will exploit your love to turn you into a serf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

As I've aged out of the invincibility of youth I've discovered 3 things that keep me from feeling like total poo poo between my lovely computer job and my need for game:

- Keeping screens at a natural viewing angle (top of the screen matched with your eyeline)
- Keeping arms and hands at an ergonomic position. Hands should be level with or below your elbows when your arms are dangling.
- Your feet should be planted on the ground to allow you to sit upright in your chair while doing the above. Most people keep their seat too low or their desk too high - use a stool if you have to in order to accomplish this.

Making those changes fixed problems in my neck and shoulders that had been killing me for almost a year.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Just finished Outer Wilds after going in blind, playing it on and off since about a month ago.

Man, that game is something special. I wish there were more experiences like that.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Convex posted:

I wish Skies of Arcadia had actually sold well enough to get 1. a digital release and 2. a massively popular MMO :sigh:

Am playing through it now and it's v good, I'd say my favourite JRPG next to Chrono Trigger so far

I have trouble articulating exactly why SoA is one of my favorite games. I think it's a great example of how a "standard" game can be outstanding

There's nothing particularly innovative about its mechanics or story, but every storytelling/narrative beat is just nailed obscenely well. I just wish the battle system wasn't quite as busted - once you figure out how to abuse items magic takes a bit of a backseat.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

3DO Doom soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F55JwkePIo

"The decision to replace the MIDI-based PC soundtrack with live recorded music was made by Heineman [the game's sole developer!!!]on a whim due to lack of time to write a music driver for the 3DO. Producer Randy Scott's church garage band was used to do the recordings. With digitized music, it was possible to use simple streaming playback with minimal coding effort. Heineman states this was the best decision made in the process, as the music is the one aspect of the port almost universally praised."

apparently the band had to replicate the music by ear based on a cassette recording

the port is otherwise awful (because of idiot management)

lmao they couldn't even spellcheck the back panel of the case

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

What are the good n64 games?

Mario 64
Paper Mario
Zelda
Zelda Nightmare Redux
Banjo Kazooie (owned by Msoft, not gonna happen)
Perfect Dark (see above)
Ogre Battle
Starfox 64
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Mario Party 1-3
Beetle Adventure Racing (likely a no-go due to licensing)
Bomberman 64
Harvest Moon 64

That's about it

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Had a similar realization when I was debating the merits of a Microsoft/Sony partnership w/some nerd friends

Microsoft is worth approximately 15 Sonys. My friends for some reason didn't seem to think it entered into the equation when it came to the kind of deals they could strike

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

In a change of pace, everyone post your favorite 'best games' or 'order of quality in a series' list whatever that might mean to you

Best Skies of Arcadia Games:
- Skies of Arcadia: Legends
- Skies of Arcadia (DC)
- Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed
- Valkyria Chronicles

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Would Outer Wilds style exploration/puzzle solving be good in a Metroid game I think it might

and maybe samus can lose all of her equipment every 22 minutes

Outer Wilds was an ambitious game that went through a 7 year dev-to-publishing cycle

So MP4 must be at least twice as good right?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Barudak posted:

Thank goodness these minigames weren't mandatory because I am terrible at them

I used the timing minigame in Kirby Super Star as the basis for a science fair project in the 8th grade and got 3rd place

I wasn't aware at the time that frames vs milliseconds is not accurate and it taught me that sounding competent is more important than being competent

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Infinitum posted:

I'm back on my bullshitplaying HZD again.

Nothing defeats my unbeatable "Hit everything with the heavy spear attack, then heal, then collect herbs" strategy.

Heavy spear is fun as gently caress when you connect w a good hit but systematically dismantling the robits with special arrows feels clutch af

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

al-azad posted:

I can't believe Epic is succeeding in making me side with Apple. Maybe don't mobilize your millions of teenage players jfc

Teenagers have more time to be assholes than literally anyone on the planet except executives, and are nearly as cruel

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

I was gonna say that this is my favorite recent meme but no that's real

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Even back in the day CC was super short and rewarded grinding. Guess this is their way of stretching gameplay in the laziest way possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

The weird thing about Battletoads, at least as I remember it on the NES, is that the first two levels aren't really all that hard and are actually quite fun

The third level is fun but too long and requires straight up memorization to get through without depleting your continues

I only made it to level 4 once and expended the rest of my lives on a blind jump near the beginning