Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Waffleman_ posted:

Also like real talk, independent of everything going down at Ubisoft right now

Does anyone give a poo poo about BGE2 anymore? It's been like 6 years.

Given that everything they've said about it bears no resemblance to the original game I think most people have stopped caring. If it was going to be an actual sequel you'd still have plenty of people excited for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Stux posted:

hey you pikachu

It has to be liked by someone to qualify as a cult classic.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jay Rust posted:

The guns not feeling good is on purpose actually. It’s commentary

It's crazy how good the guns in Destiny feel considering.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

My group couldn't even get our heads around that ridiculous Game of Thrones board game. Twilight Imperium looks like a weekend of confused rules reading and crying.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That's why I like Legacy games. You can just play shorter games over and over again so it never gets too complex or overwhelming, but it's a different experience each time and you feel like you're progressing through a single narrative.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I love cinemas but they really only exist for the benefit of Disney and like one other studio now, which is a real shame.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Apparently this is the spreadsheet

:laffo: at some of the gems in the extra information section:

It's bullshit but a lot of places work that way. If too many people are qualifying for pay rises or bonuses they change the curve so fewer people can achieve it. A dogshit practice but pretty standard.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSSQ0Z6eDhU Pikman 3 is coming to Switch on October 30.

Yes! Yes!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jay Rust posted:

It took the Simpsons like twenty episodes to find its legs, give 3 out of 10 a chance

That's a common misconception. Simpsons season 1 and 2 are in fact loving good.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Thank god Riot and Epic are OK I was really worried.

e: Holy gently caress Spelunky 2 is actually coming out and Braid's releasing in a sensible resolution? It's like it's 2008 again I'm so happy.

stev fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Aug 7, 2020

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames/status/1291720790447136768?s=19

Uhhh

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

exquisite tea posted:

Good video games is the only worthwhile thing that has come out of the DCEU.

Have there been any games lined to the films? I can't think of any. Let alone good ones.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

There's that one about the hole in the wall and the filthy things that happen in the hole.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

I forgot there is a sequel to this movie coming out. The first film made over a billion dollars, but it was also very poorly received (its a very bad movie, no one liked it), not that this ever stopped Hollywood from continuing to drive something into the ground (the Transformers films).

fwiw James Gunn is helming the new one, and it seems to be a reimagining rather than a straight up sequel. Since he directed the only two MCU movies that are actually good films outside of the context of the MCU I have some hope for it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Infinitum posted:

Korg haters ITT

Ok two of the three good ones.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jay Rust posted:

Some ideas on how to fix Fall Guys:

Remove the memory game

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Convex posted:

Just lock it at 30fps and max everything out, thats what I did for Red Dead 2 and it plays great (albeit with the Nvidia low latency mode on)

:hmmno:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Help Im Alive posted:

I was having trouble with my PS4 controller disconnecting too but it turned out to just be the cable and it's been fine since I switched to a different one

Yeah I had the same issue. I ended up getting a Bluetooth dongle instead which makes it far easier.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Infinitum posted:

Collecting insults still the worst part of Monkey Island Act 1

Actually it's the timed grog run (I think that's act 1?)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Infinitum posted:

(You transfer the grog to the next mug)

That doesn't make it fun or good.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I remember a lot of the internet being turned off DA:I. Partially because everything that happened between the main story quests was so unrelentingly dull and repetitive, and partly because Witcher 3 did it so much better a few months later.

It's been over half a decade since the last mainline Dragon Age and Witcher games were released. :corsair:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Isn't it now generally agreed that 8 hours is too much and that 7 is the sweet spot?

My sleep pattern varies so much I've probably permanently hosed some part of me. I'll get anywhere between 4 and 7 hours on a weeknight and between 7 and 11 hours at the weekends.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Hopefully this'll be what finally destroys capitalism once and for all.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Hey gamers, are you looking to get a competitive edge? Well Call of Duty has teamed up with Dominos Pizza, and we're giving you a damage boost for as long as you can continue to eat pizza! Just hook up your webcam, connect to the Activision PizzaWatch™ Servers, and for every bite of pizza you take, you'll get 40 seconds of power! Dominate the Warzone, and the warzone of your taste buds, with Call of Duty and Dominos!

I mean this literally already happens with XP boosts.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Remember that time where there was a can of Monster Energy sat in your base in Death Stranding and you get benefits from drinking it?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is... Is that a burrito? Even cut in half it's a bit chode-y.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Trying to think whether any really big releases this year haven't been delayed at least once.

Paper Mario I guess, which was likely announced after the game had already gone gold.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's really silly tbh. I know the goal is to bring in new players and not to give free content to existing players, but there'll be a lot of people who hit level 40 before dropping the game who would probably reinstall it to play the Heavensward stuff, since that's where everyone says the game starts getting really good.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's by far the most well told MMO story out there, the story just isn't very interesting until level 35, and between level 35 and 50 is incredibly repetitive and drawn out.

The post game 100 quest grind really isn't that bad, it's when the story really starts to pick up.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Halo delayed until next year

Lmao they must have literally decided that in the two weeks since the reveal/backlash. It's the Sonic movie all over again. Rip.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Remember when launch day dlc was considered controversial?

lol

"The content is already on the disc" seems like such a quaint argument... :(

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

AceOfFlames posted:

The most poorly kept secret of the year, revealed!

Ubisoft's high ups knowingly and deliberately covered up widespread employee abuse for decades? Including physical and sexual abuse?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

I was curious about this a week ago myself and looking at the absurd amount of money that Bobby Kotick makes. Like, what the gently caress does he actually do at Activision/Blizzard? He isn't credited in any video games of theirs that I am aware of.

They make the tough decisions, like ensuring they can make an eight figure salary by paying poverty wages and making hundreds of employees jobless on a whim.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

P = X - 50
X = P - 50

Solve for the launch prices.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The message of TLOU2 isn't that violence is bad or that you should feel guilty for enjoying videogame violence. Like not even slightly.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The end of Heavensward is great because it gives you the nice moral ending of bringing peace between humans and dragons and ending a pointless millenia old conflict, while also giving you a fun boss fight against the biggest meanest dragon and letting you kill him loving dead.

Relax Or DIE posted:

what is the message of tlou2

Revenge is a cycle and our similarities are stronger than our differences. It's not exactly nuanced or deep but it's not a straight "gotcha player, you were enjoying the violence but maybe that makes you the real monster!" like most people seem to think.

stev fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Aug 13, 2020

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I installed Exodus yesterday after getting it on sale a while back, mostly just to test my graphics card.

The menus are beyond dogshit and there was a lovely jump scare in the first two minutes. Uninstalled with no regrets.

E: solid 60fps at max setting with RTX on though. :hmmyes:

Ee: weren't 4A embroiled in the crunch/employee abuse stuff too?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Still thinking back to when Fortnite was a vapourware coop Minecraft ripoff that was barely a footnote at Microsoft's E3 conference. Good times, simple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

haveblue posted:

They're not invoking the novel 1984, they're invoking the commercial Apple named "1984" which was mainly an attack on IBM

That's literally what the guy you quoted said.