Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's august thread because everyone is playing A Gust game right now

except me, who played most of halo 3 and didn't really enjoy it because it seems like the halo games are just bad. the guns are bad, the music is repetitive, the movement is slow, the characters and story are completely uninteresting, only the vehicles are fun

so basically it's exactly what i remember of playing through the first 2 games when i was a teen

it says a lot that i next played the first hour of wolfenstein youngblood, a game generally panned, and had way more fun (also the protags are very good)

i dont get how bungie suddenly became good at guns with destiny, because the guns in destiny are good despite the everything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

surprised at how much i'm enjoying The Old Republic, i guess bioware did at least make one good game this past decade even if it's the only good one

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The game is free to play right? Is there a thing for former paid subs
I have no idea about the latter, but yeah it's F2P

it seems like the primary ways they wanted to punish free players was to push stuff off, or maybe it's all endgame poo poo, idk. but it hasn't really affected me. like sprint doesn't unlock until level 10, but i'm already at level 12 after just over 3 hours of playing (speeder is lvl 20 instead of 10.. and fast travel to fleet is disabled, but you do have quick travel)

actually to this point it's been a bit easy... the thing i keep thinking is "why is this an MMO", because you even get an AI companion ala most Bioware games. i'm sure there's interesting PVP content (not interested) or raids or w/e, but the main campaigns seem extremely soloable and that's all i care about. i haven't bothered doing any side stuff

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

yeah i've stayed on level from just doing main story content. of course there's also a shitload of enemies everywhere outside of story instance areas so even when you're just doing the main campaign, you're still grinding a little bit

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i finished halo 3... it was not a fun time. i decided to try a couple of missions of each of the other remaining halos in the MCC. 4 had the least lovely guns, but still not great. reach seems like it's probably the most polished game, but again, not fun. odst has awful dialogue

i'm just gonna uninstall MCC, it's not worth it

i should go back to playing Blood

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

stev posted:

It's crazy how good the guns in Destiny feel considering.
that is the bizarre thing, they really figured it out in those games.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

maybe it's time to install and play anthem.... and walk through it like an abandoned mall, or a long-closed theme park

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sinteres posted:

Is there any story content worth a drat in that game? I'm not likely to buy it in this state either way, I'm just wondering if there was something there that the gameplay couldn't live up to, or if the whole game was a mess.
no idea, i just have it from origin access

which reminds me, because i always forget to open origin, i have to remove games from my library that got removed from origin access. bye tyranny and torment

ghost of a tale goes away in two weeks. gently caress. i guess i have to play that

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/yp3jgy/why-i-celebrate-winter-een-mas-a-winter-holiday-for-gamers

its almost that time again!!! wintereenmas the christmas for gamers!!!!!!!!!

celebrate tim buckley the creator and gamer lord. still makign great comics:

drat fuckin laughed my rear end off. and then rolled around the floor, laughign. what are your wintereenmas plans? :D

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

let's tap let's tap future tapping game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

is fall guys the new Transformice

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

homeless snail posted:

transformice crucially has much more ability for you to gently caress with people, you can grab people in this game but most of the time you can't do a whole lot with it

there is one minigame where some tiles are legit and some are trapped and you have to find the path to the goal, had a good time grabbing people and pushing them onto tiles to test them
sounds like they need to add a shaman mode then

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

"funny" video games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMmYQSe2F6A

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also why are wolverine and nickelodeon's doug in this

e: i like tower of guns/mothergunship but this ain't it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

will the suicide squad game also be a GAAS like avengers

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

aeon must die should only be used for an aeon flux licensed game, since aeon dies in every episode

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the way you guys are discussing this like you are perhaps hoping one day it is an actual possibility within the realm of science is disconcerting

the only golem i care about is the dragon quest one and it's because you get good XP for defeating him

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

atelier ryza and the problematic golem

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i beat the old republic. if it wasn't for the lovely MMO hotbar combat (a thing that is universally lovely, don't @ me), i would've given it probably a B grade, like hey. it's solid star wars adventures, even though all the quests are "go to X and kill Y, also an NPC might doublecross you". the main points against it are: lovely MMO hotbar combat, and also it's extremely hetero

i think I'll stick to destiny-likes for any kind of MMO-ish experience going forward. i need combat to be instantaneous with button presses, no cooldowns, damage feedback by enemies, good feelin' weaps. basically everything most MMOs aren't... and i prefer stuff with stories anyway so that would rule out most MMOs not named FF14 or ESO. and then FF14 has hotbar GCD garbage. and ESO is elder scrolls so it's boring fantasy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

overseas vtuber fans are already happy listening to adults talking like infants, you don't have to do much to excite them further

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i do two four-hour sleep periods. my doc had no issue with it

only issue is sometimes it becomes 5+ if i keep hitting the snooze button. my roommate apparently has an alarm clock where you have to do a mild puzzle to snooze, so your brain is forced to wake up a little, i should probably look into that

still, if my body needs extra sleep i'm not going to deny that to my body

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 10, 2020

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

does the S stand for lovely in this case

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oh you say your outfit is Epic hmm? heh, that's funny, i jsut came back from the gym with this LEgendary poo poo-stained tank top and purple sweatpants

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

bigot game look bad on ouya 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBiJOfhPCy4

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Khanstant posted:

earthworm jim is bigot?
yeah the EWJ creator is a humongous bigot, racist sexist and homophobic, part of comicsgate and gamergate, column on brietbart, basically every check mark on the list

his game deserves to languish on the INTELLIVISION AMICO

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i have anthem through origin access and it runs like poo poo on my laptop so i never played beyond the prologue mission

if more story MMOs had shooty, they'd be way more palatable. but they also have to run on my basic-rear end poo poo imo

i guess avengers is more gonna be marvel ultimate alliance 4 gaas edition. they should just give them all guns

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Seedge posted:

They did.

Hand blasters, throw hammer, actual guns, throw big rock, throw shield, shoot arrow, stretchy arm

They all have a gun
how is ms marvel going to upgrade her stretchiness via loot. that i dont understand, i feel like there's a finite growth track with hardness of material you can wear on your hands/arms/feet

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SeXReX posted:

I just can NOT believe the physics of the stretchy lady in this game where a character has a suit of armor that lets him fly and poo poo lasers from his palms powered by a hand held sized nuclear reactor
the game needs an Edna Mole imo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Final Fantasy XIV received a massive update today, the big thing is that the free trial is now extended to level 60 and never ends until you buy the next expansions and subscribe. It's a massive amount of content. Like a couple hundred hours worth of solo content.
you still have to do dungeons with other people though right. i'm hoping they add AI companions for those eventually. if bioware can do it (and bioware is incompetent as hell) then so can square

e: oh they do have NPCs for dungeons but only shadowbringers. fuk u square

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 11, 2020

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Friends of Ringo Ishikawa
Treachery in Beatdown City
Streets of Rage 4
River City Girls
Uh... Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl
Fight'N Rage
Devil's Dare
Castle Crashers
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
RCR Underground
Noitu Love 2
DFO

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 11, 2020

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

I'm pretty sure most of those names are just made up.
if I say dungeon fighter online three times, at least one goon will show up to talk about it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ubisoft apparently launched a battle royale on consoles this week called hyper scape and no one even noticed

which made me look at what else they're doing other than imploding from sexual harassment scandals. they have a lot of vaporware right now

beyond good & evil 2 is never gonna come out

skull & bones is never gonna come out

they have a game called ROLLER CHAMPIONS that they showed at e3 2019 that was planned to come out early 2020 and will probably never come out

then there's gods & monsters which was delayed indefinitely

and the revival of the settlers which was delayed indefinitely last month

the only games with confirmed dates are assassin's creed valhalla and far cry 6

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

games done quick is next week and i have seen no hype about it

also i bought a year of ps now to try it out and started with puppeteer. gorgeous game but idk if the charm can carry it by itself, the jumping is a bit weird and the levels are so squished because of the framing device that they can't be too adventurous

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

yea starts the 16th

here is the schedule https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

opening day includes STREETS OF RAGE 4, Shovel Knight: King of Cards, DUSK, Mario Odyssey, Rayman Legends

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

Do we have a list of Nazi Runners To Avoid or is it just everyone these days
i was thinking it might be easier either for us to ignore it or for fewer to show up since it's online-only, they don't get to have their kicks about being on camera and pulling out MAGA hats

sucks that covertmuffin retired from GDQ and running in general though :(

e: Lizstar is doing a Hypnospace Outlaw speedrun which is something that I don't think is going to be that great a watch but it will be interesting to see webpages frantically change from one to the other

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 12, 2020

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the hypnospace outlaw is preceded by sexrex doing the pringles game so it'll be a tough act to follow

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

bidding war: COOLPUNK IS DEAD vs NOT DEAD

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's probably a good thing that you can't just easily trademark extremely ubiquitous video game terms

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my guess

xbox series x $500 with 6 months of gamepass included and watch dogs legion pre-installed

xbox series s $350 with 3 months of gamepass included and minecraft pre-installed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the xbox SS, the version specifically for nazi chuds