Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

bloomberg publishes lovely articles like this where they take edge cases and then apply it to everyone as if its good advice.

like:

quote:

For a while, Brian Harrington, 28, had been satisfied with a high-yield savings account at Ally Bank, earning a risk-free 2%. Now, the marketing consultant in Anaheim, California, is planning to convert his remaining $15,000 in savings into bitcoin. He thinks the future is one of long-term economic stagnation and low rates.

this is just the kind of thing someone who is wildly ignorant about investing would do. this part is vague but apparently he was happy with $15,000 earning 2% per year, but now hes just taking the last of his available cash (outside of checking i presume) and shoving it into the riskiest asset possible? thats a huge flip that most people dont make

ally bank (which this seems to also be an ad for) is offering 1% interest on deposits now. so his annual earnings went from $300 to $150 and now hes just jumping into the deep end of one of the riskiest assets he can possibly own? this is not sensible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

if you suck at golf its more fun to just go to a driving range and get drunk while you and your buddies pretend you know how to golf

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector Hound posted:

Waking up early actually rules

yeah because you can go to sleep again. nerd

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lol

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sad Billionaire posted:

why do people keep trying the pretend POC grift it never ends well and unlike some other grifts it'll tarnish you forever

i dunno, man. but im a gay man and you should give me your money. please support LGBTQ&Q+ financial firms and professionals (the &Q+ is the president)

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

this appears edited. i asked my echo the same question and it begins with "according to wikipedia,"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

DryGoods posted:

of course you have an echo

normal calendars can not track my 9 month birthday schedule. it simplifies my life. my 49.75th is coming up soon so i hope you have a gift in mind

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i replied to your PM eat poo poo ex posto facho

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

holy gently caress ur old

gently caress YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

DryGoods posted:

*the lanterns jerking to the rhythm of the waves crashing against the hull. water spraying softly through a seam with every hit. the dim light shining off the wet oilskin of a ragged sailor slowly making his way through the swaying crates. Lukas reaches into his pocket to rub the drawing of his family farm on the outskirts of Sigtuna. he will earn enough from this trip to finally bring his family across the sea. but he has hungers. and desires. and the other men have whispered about the mud-caked cargo. they stare down into their cups and say there must be something valuable in there to warrant such care in transport. Lukas slowly sweeps his sea-worn hand through the dirt covering the box. cold and crumbly. centipedes writhe everywhere at his touch. Lukas stumbles back, crashing into the crates of tinware and bolts of cloth. he shakes his head and stares at his muddy hand. the pounding in his head grows louder. Lukas raises his eyes and realizes the sound is coming from the crate. a lantern shifts with a wave and he sees it's not like the other cargo. long and neatly joined boards of wood as dark as the earth. this is a casket. the pounding grows louder. stronger. it fills the entire hold. fills Lukas' ears. pounding to the song of the sea just outside the hull. the lid creaks in sync with an impossibly loud bang. silence. Lukas' face is frozen in rictus. his cheeks drenched in tears from his unblinking eyes. a sickly green light slithers out of the crack. the lid rises silently and ends with a gentle thud. a great, lithe figure rises out of the green light. arms crossed. thin, curving, cracked fingernails spread across an ancient, decaying shroud. Lukas' eyes trace the labyrinthine patterns of the shock of white hair swaying in the green light. white hair flowing to a black void. a black void that lights up as two almond slits snap open. pale white with green veins meet Lukas' gaze*

Vould you be interested in transferring some of your funds into a High Yield Savings Account?

thank goodness this isnt about me. i would never offer a high yield savings account as an investment vehicle

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

i could never get drunk enough to be that excited about biden. on some level i think people dont realize that you can divorce enthusiasm for the candidate from enthusiasm for not having a GOD DAMNED CHEETOH in the white house

ive finally been getting texts from the biden campaign after submitting my real name for outreach as a ~friend~ under an alias and i just tell them "I hate Biden and I'm not voting for president this year because I think he is awful. It's not my job to get enthusiastic for a terrible candidate."

edit: whoa lol @ the new word filter

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
im still thinking about that bloomberg link someone posted earlier about how a dude with $15,000 in savings earning 2% thought the current 1% interest was too low so he just said gently caress it and put it all in bitcoin

thats something ive learned on the job. clients read bloomberg articles and the standard structure for one is this:

"Market conditions mean that people invested in (extreme edge case) are losing/at heightened risk/may stand to lose."

"But experts say you should do the (normal thing like 98% of investors are doing)."

"Maybe the answer is in the middle."

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

huh whats the new word filter

trump

i dunno it edited my original post but i think it was something like THAT drat CHEETOH so everyone should just keep trying until we figure it out

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
me, calling up the local Chuck E. Cheese franchise: hey buddy i think i left my underwear in the ball pit can you see if anyone turned them in?

*holds*

CEC Employee: I have several pairs here in the lost and found, is there anything you can tell me that would identify them?

me: i wrote my name on the elastic

CEC Employee: Is your name... Trump 2020???

me: owned, lib -click-

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
yo smythe ultima online ruled

one time some guy tricked me into going to ~dragon island~ through a portal and he helped me kill a few dragons and then we went back to his ship. i thought i was going to get laid but then he was like "lol get hosed, newb" and he said he was gonna strand me on dragon island. i didnt have any magic skills so its not like i could port back

but he said that before he did the command to roll back the gangplank to his ship and i was a melee build so i ran on and beat the poo poo out of him. he was trying to cast spells but i kept interrupting them with halberd blows to his face and then he disappeared because i think he logged out in shame because his plan backfired. then i somehow navigated a ship i had no key/deed to back to newbie island and sold it for a cool thousand gold

that was like an average night in UO. good times. also as one of the first MMOs it didnt have a persistent server, so it would shut down from like 4 AM to 6 AM eastern time and once the server announced it was 15 minutes to shut down everything turned into The Purge and people would go off and start killing the gently caress out of each other because at that point nothing you did was saved. wizards would just let loose with fireballs and dudes in decked out armer would just go HAM with wakizashis on all new newbs gathered by the bank. game owned

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
squizzle no!!

https://twitter.com/GetRogerStoneJR/status/1290220324462551040

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i had the weirdest and most vivid dream a few nights ago where i had somehow wronged the devil and was put in the worst kind of hell. no matter what i did, this weirdly intelligent plane of existence turned all of my efforts back on me. i couldnt leave hell by being virtuous or strong because my efforts would have unintended consequences in the former and i would be crushed by fate in the latter

but then in like satan's storage space a robot i owned came to life and it did an isaac aasimov style process of designing stronger and stronger versions of its processing core until it was powerful enough to control all of reality, and it invalidated hell and saved me. and as im flying out of hell after a million lifetimes of pain my robot god friend asks,

"Do you want to punish the devil?"

"Nah, let's go have fun lets test this poo poo out who cares about the devil anymore?"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

augias posted:

Its kind of like when the police raided the homosexual discotheque and then ride off, the gays had carte blanche to do anything they wanted at the club because the cops had ridden away so they were free to cast fireballs and dudes decked out in armor would go ham on all the newbs (twinks) this was back in the sixties when cumshitter was the resident disc jockey

i shave my groin by pouring bacardi 151 on it and lighting it on fire. it doesnt hurt at all. i just watch a blue flame roll over my balls and boom, my cock and shaft are right for sucking

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

or ru paul, who apparently gets income from fracking interests

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
like the straightest guys who i have ever known who have also sucked my dick are super into ru paul's drag race for some reason. lots of straight guys i know are super into it

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

im not balding, i just made the cornrows work for me

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

heard trump was extremely online this morning

the president is currently on runescape offering a bitcoin doubling scam in the newb spawn area

this is the president of the united states of america

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

if i ever ran for my office my husbands book would be "I got something to say!" but with him dressed like a male version of jerri blank from strangers with candy

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

gettin some mixed messages here. are these larouchites or something??

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

gated to and instantly killed on the famous "1 tile isle", left to rot until moved by a gm.

ooooOOoOOooOoOoOO, bitch

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

it'll be hilarious if Kanye 2020 really was a Trump campaign plot and they only get on the ballot in OK and AR

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1290368066946203648

its going to come out that they thought this was how they would spike the black vote for dems

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
what kind of fan has a sober, drug and alcohol free trailer park boys party? what the gently caress?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
jerry falwell at the gas station: "which is the coolest cigarette? im not going to smoke these. i normally dont even dress like this i am having a trailer park boys party on my yacht. i need them as a prop for our costumes"

gas station attendant: "i dont care buddy, just pick one."

jerry falwell: "uhhh..... uhhh..... ummm..... ill take the camel unfiltereds, they sound cool."

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
jerry falwell, holding a cigarette one inch up from the filter between his middle and ring fingers: look guys, im rocky. from the trailer park

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i cant believe graal is still running and now they have like team deathmatch style games

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

UFOTacoMan posted:

this is p. funny

is jordan peterson still alive?

jordan peterson is dead. in accordance with his last wishes his body was dumped into the ocean so that it mmay nourish the bottom feeding sea roaches he worshiped in life

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

I feel that there's something you're not telling us about your relationship with Jordan Peterson.

i had gay sex with him but i only gave him a handjob

hes comatose now, so youll just have to take my word for it

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
reminder: jordan peterson is a former clinical pyschologist who studied addiction, and he doctor shopped until he got to russia becuase every doctor he met kept telling him his brilliant plan to sleep through benzo withdrawal by going cold turkey would turn him into a vegetable if it didnt kill him

he died as every reactionary lived: telling everyone who wanted to help him to gently caress off until he found an amoral sociopath who would take his money

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
jordan petersonc: i am the master of myself and my destiny! my body will no longer be tainted by the impurities of al benzo!!

*turns into a ham sandwich*

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

I wonder if there might be negative consequences of having nearly all of the legislature be comprised of very rich people?

every person serving in congress should be forced to take a life long vow of poverty and a promise to only wear burlap and ash. feeding congresspeople is punishable by death. in DC, people will shoo nancy pelosi away from dumpsters the same way they do with raccoons

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

as an insane rightwing moron the thing i hte most about hezbollah is that they traffick in the devil's lettuce

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

what if you train a Markov bot to mimic markov bots

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditSimulator/

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
everyone if you want to join the online chat for the bill mitchell watch party pm me or let me know here and ill send an invite. sorry oly way i know how to do it is through email invites

bill mitchells first show tonight im loving jazzed!!!!!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

DryGoods posted:

is this an e-trap to capture Mitchellites?

with the ascension of mitchell to prime time cable news we no longer need live in fear, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Hans posted:

cumshitter do you consider Bill Mitchell to be a silver fox

i have called him a silver fox supergenius multiple times. i have a thing for older men. which is natural, as i am the youngest person to ever live so all men are older than me