Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/nosalaryretaind/status/1292648483103670273

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Mm there we go

B Squad Leader
Nov 1, 2009

Unfortunate that Judas Tavares whiffed on an empty net, dropped his stick at least twice, and got boarded face-first. Better luck next season!

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

I'm looking forward to 3 games on the same ice at 3AM.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So the Leafs should not have fired Babcock?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Or should they fire Hakstol?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Sounds like the Leafs need to fire Dubas and hire somebody who has actually won the Cup to put together a championship calibre team. I hear Peter Chiarelli is available. ;)

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

:yeshaha:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/1292667631745589248

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDsS0_fBvUv/

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So the Leafs should not have fired Babcock?

If the Leafs could fire Babcock twice I’d want them to

That said Keefe did not do a good job in this series

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

Always nice to the see the centre of the hockey universe once again lay an egg when it matters. Doubtful that even Lafreniere will lead them to the promised land.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Always nice to see people come out of the woodwork to applaud the Leafs losing, it's not like your team will do any better but on the upside at least nobody will care enough to post about it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Always nice to see people come out of the woodwork to applaud the Leafs losing, it's not like your team will do any better but on the upside at least nobody will care enough to post about it.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO DISCUSS THE DALLAS STARS? COME JOIN ME IN MY TUB OF PIG poo poo, FRIEND!

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

it's not like your team will do any better

i mean by definition sixteen teams already have

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

sports are dumb anyway and i never really liked them even when it looked like i did

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Maybe it's because i only read SAS and a small piece of twitter but Penguin fans seem to be getting along just fine after being beaten by the cup winning Caps and then basically being swept out of the playoffs for 2 years.

It's pretty deserved really, I still can't believe how awful they've played the past 2 years when it's playoff time.

I wonder what kind of crazy shake up Rutherford might induce.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I can't speak from experience but all those Cups they won recently probably soften the blow

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'm really looking forward to whatever lunatic trades and signings the Leafs pull off this summer (fall I guess?) as a knee-jerk response to this.

Also I'm on vacation next week so I can watch all of this and get to experience something I never even dreamed possible: cottage hockey.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Oh well maybe next year :smith:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

The group of teams that have either won a Cup or played in the Cup Finals after 1967, gotten to a conference final after 2002, or won a playoff round after 2004 is literally every other team.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Or should they fire Hakstol?

Never a bad idea.

How was your night last night ?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Bob McKenzie is going into semi-retirement. There aren't a lot of good replacements for him...

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

We doing a Red X thread this year?

Flyers in 6
Lightning in 6
Capitals in 7
Hurricanes in 7

Golden Knights in 5
Avalanche in 5
Flames in 7
Blues in 6

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Tavares left a playoff team for a lottery team.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

FBS posted:

I can't speak from experience but all those Cups they won recently probably soften the blow

This is absolutely how I feel. I'm a lifelong Browns Indians and Cavs fan (pre 2000 for NBA). I started watching hockey in 93, AFTER the Pens won the Cup. I'm old, I just turned 48. Until 2009 I'd never cheered for a team that won anything, and the back to backs were icing on the cake. Only one team can win it all and I'm just too old, broken and tired to get upset when my team(s) end their season.

I'm all in for the Buncha Jerks moving on though. Or anyone besides Philly. Or Boston. Or Washington. As much as I hate Torts, I wouldn't mind seeing CBJ win it.

I'm telling you all this because I know you care. So you're welcome

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Countdown until silvergun goes to the old helldump puppetmaster defense or just tells us all to put him on the ignore list.

Also Tallon's officially gone from Florida.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Go Caps, Go Colorado

Also 8 p.m. games are lame af. I'd rather more nooners.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The caps schedule is all over the loving place. Noon games, 3PM games, 8PM games, welcome to Covid Cup Hockey...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

DJExile posted:

Also Tallon's officially gone from Florida.

We’re going to win the lottery and make Lafreniere our new GM.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Bob McKenzie is going into semi-retirement. There aren't a lot of good replacements for him...

You mean journalists actively reporting while already in the hall of fame? No, not really...

I wish him well, with his piles of margaritas and jokes about everyone possibly connected to hockey, because he knows everyone.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

im sorry for your loss(es)

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

He'll just hand his phone over to his look-alike son and nothing will really change.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

gently caress da leafs

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Athletic has been doing a great selection of chirps heard in the western bubble. A selection:

quote:

“Attaboy Ehlers, you selfish gently caress!” – Flames bench to Jets forward Nikolaj Ehlers after Ehlers took a roughing penalty on Matthew Tkachuk. Ehlers would score the game winner shortly thereafter.

“You old bag of bones! You old poo poo!” – Unidentified player on the Predators bench, with some affection, to Coyotes defenceman Niklas Hjalmarsson.

“Don’t let him run his poo poo, Ellie.” – Predators bench to Ryan Ellis, after he was high sticked by his old Windsor Spitfires teammate Taylor Hall, drawing a double minor.

“OK boys, calm down or don’t but you’ve got a power play if you want one.” – On-ice official to Wild and Canucks players gathering for a scrum after Roussel ran Stalock behind the net.

“I could go for some overtime, I haven’t seen any loving overtime yet.” – The Athletic’s Thomas Drance as the Oilers nursed a 3-2 lead in the third period of Game 3.

“SHUT! UP!” Sportsnet’s Mark Spector, on deadline, in response to Drance.

E: NHL N/V 1st Round: “You old bag of bones! You old poo poo!”

Kale
May 14, 2010

I always love all the histrionic news articles the next day after the leafs bow out of another season with all the extreme apparent instant fixes for the off season from the hackiest of hack sportswriters. Habs beat writers have nothing on the exceptionalism and bullish haranguing of Leaf Nation

Kale fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 10, 2020

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Leafs committed one of the biggest cases of highway robbery in NHL history against my team with the Gilmour trade. Calgary still made more cup finals than Toronto since the trade happened.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I have a plan to kickstart the Dallas offense and shave a few years off of Benn and Seguin

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

We’re going to win the lottery and make Lafreniere our new GM.

I’d take odds that he’d do a better job than Tallon