Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

At least if the Leafs get swept it won't be as embarrassing as it was for Tampa Bay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

poo poo post in the GDT here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3935109

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The ice in Toronto still looks like absolute poo poo. Couldn't they have set up cameras in a smaller rink like Ricoh or a practice rink instead of trying to cool a giant empty arena in the middle of summer?

e: you'd think not having 19,000 warm bodies would help but it doesn't seem like it.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

They only brought so many whistles into the bubble, refs can't swallow them.

There should be a whole box of unused whistles from the Leafs game last night.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm not saying that I'd salvage Cody Ceci for spare parts to fix Muzzin, but it's worth considering every option at this point.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Canes broadcast was advertising 2020-21 season ticket packages.

Just... :lol:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Imagine the headlines if let's say Brady Tkachuk stomps on Panarin's heel next season.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Although I still want the Leafs to win, I'd really be happy with the scenario where they lose and get the #1 pick so that Montreal fans get to see Lafreniere score 50 career goals on Carey Price. Bonus points if the Habs beat the Pens but then get swept in round 1.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Patrick Kane manages to score a second Cup-winning goal that causes none of the fans in the building to react.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Number19 posted:

Good to see the league is trying to have some fun with this situation

I'm actually not having any fun at all, thanks.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Lafreniere - Matthews - Marner
Robertson - Tavares - Nylander
Kapanen - Kerfoot - Hyman
Johnsson, Mikheyev, whoever

That group is going to score so many goals and blow 4-0 and 5-0 leads.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Andersen had a 100+ minute shutout streak going before giving up four straight goals, including the OT winner.
Merzlikins had a 100+ minute shutout streak going before giving up four straight goals, including the OT winner.

I guess what I'm saying is try to keep your shutout streaks to safe durations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Dirty Burger posted:

Still thinking about that Ceci shot from overtime

Dunno how to embed this but here you go: https://streamable.com/uhmla5

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

No actually this reply is very good:

https://twitter.com/0xed_/status/1292294851548057602

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I finally unearthed secret footage of Sidney Crosby's post-Steckeling treatment regimen. Warning: This is very graphic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_3vLw7ql84&t=71s

Bonus footage at 2m28s. Apologies for the rest of the video; I'm new to editing and not sure how it got there.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Zach Hyman had a better series than Mitch Marner.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

Cross-posting, but good series, Leafs fans. Evenly matched teams should go the distance and you sure as hell made it interesting. :respek:

I refuse to accept your backhanded compliments and will take my excellent posting off into the corner there.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://mobile.twitter.com/NHL_Watcher/status/1292657724325539840

Hey guys one last question why do you suck so bad?

.... dunno?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

I mean, Matthews’ only response is to say that his best friend on the team was worse than the other guy across the ice. What’s he gonna say?

e: Sportsnet just said that at 5 on 5 the Leafs had 40 minutes time of possession more than Columbus and 20+ more shots in the series. Columbus outscored them 10 to 3, 5 on 5. If you ask Matthews, what can he even do? Or any of the skaters?

Maybe they need to amp it up to 111% and get pucks in even deeper? e.g. into the net? gently caress if I know man. All you can do is laugh at the clip and also the bottom bar showing that Nylander was rear end in game 5.