Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Edward Mass posted:

The post-season starts in :siren: 10 hours :siren: when the Rangers play the Hurricanes, and there’s no thread yet. Here’s my predictions for the Qualifying Round, as I also saw no red X thread:

Penguins in 3
Rangers in 5
Panthers in 5
Maple Leafs in 4

Oilers in 3
Coyotes in 4
Canucks in 3
Jets in 5

Hadn't realized it returns today. Without any knowledge of ongoing games:

Pens in 3
Canes in 4
Isles in 5
Jackets in 5

Oilers in 3
Coyotes in 4
Wild in 5
Jets in 5

Stay safe everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

yellowcar posted:

The Montréal Canadiens Pittsburgh Penguins will draft Alexis Lafrenière

:getin:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

myron cope posted:

Get me that #1 pick Uncle Gary

:gonchar:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

ThinkTank posted:

I know I'm biased because my team advanced, but the play in round was actually a lot of fun and I'm really impressed with the set up the league came up with to allow the season to continue. I was hugely skeptical, but return to play has been terrific so far.

Yeah they're neck and neck with the NBA (2 bubbles is impressive but built-in advantage of Canada versus Florida) in terms of successful relaunches.

Meanwhile the MLB and looming NFL seasons are going to end careers and/or lives.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

clean ayers act posted:

Same. I wonder if the way nhl fans view bettman will change after this.
although i still maintain the lottery format this year was dumb as hell

I view Bettman & Co as being capable of competence, but still feel they fall short of it far too often (i.e. John Scott All-Star, a lot of relocation/expansion stuff over the years involving Ballsillie and Glendale, failure to market the sport and stars, etc).

Nevertheless they have soared to #2, well behind the NBA overall, but light years ahead of the NFL with the MLB bringing up the rear.