Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Nice thread name change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The other local outlet I spoke with has updated their story as well: https://www.wctv.tv/2020/08/31/state-attorney-says-charges-for-protest-incident-still-on-the-table/

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Mr. Nice! posted:

The officer running up has just his taser drawn.

Ah couldn't tell as I didn't max size the vid when I watched. Did the guy get tazed even?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That Works posted:

Ah couldn't tell as I didn't max size the vid when I watched. Did the guy get tazed even?

He was gently tackled and then ignored for 6-7 seconds while the cop yelled at protestors who were not close to get back, and then he was handcuffed.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

https://twitter.com/18airbornecorps/status/1300493387297161217?s=19

I cackled.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

its annoying af that the liberal media never mentions the times that the police on this country calmly deescalate a situation involving a white male with a gun.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PookBear posted:

its annoying af that the liberal media never mentions the times that the police on this country calmly deescalate a situation involving a white male with a gun.

That's because it's not news

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i deployed with 18th AB and 3rd ID

fuckin lol

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/tylerpager/stat...ingawful.com%2F

OK I kinda like Joe now

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I watched some autopsy on the brony movement and apparently shouting "Don't Jump" is a brony meme and 2020 has been so loving wild I'm sitting here wondering if Biden is a secret brony.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

http://www.fightbacknews.org/2020/8/31/tallahassee-fl-man-wielding-gun-disrupts-kenosha-uprising-solidarity-rally-0

An article about the full scope of the protest and not just the gun violence that ended it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
President: Biden didn't denounce antifa

Also President:

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1300556470774370308

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1300557233860808711

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I take enough antipsychotics and THC and Benzo’s and antidepressants that all I do is laugh my rear end off at 2020.

Like, I maniacally laugh into the void when I read this thread a lot of the time. It’s cathartic.

Do not try 2020 without mind altering substances.

Fuckin’ lol, he’s gonna get the AUSA for Wisconsin to bring him up on identical to the the state federal charges just so Trump can pardon him or the AUSA can just make sure he loses the case. Either way I’m laughing my rear end off, because it’s better than crying, because this kid is gonna get away with literal murder because of the culture wars.

Also, I’m pretty sure Trump is gonna win again. I live in chud country though, it could be seeping into my subconscious.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Also, I’m pretty sure Trump is gonna win again. I live in chud country though, it could be seeping into my subconscious.

I want to strangle everyone who brings up *strong polling* as an indicator of Biden's chances.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I hope I'm proven wrong but I don't believe the DNC cares about anything but maintaining their sense of moral superiority when it's all said and done

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I'm at the point where I'm fully expecting a totally completely legitimate and definitely not defrauded landslide election of 95% of "votes" going to Trump and nobody will bother to contest it.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the democrats in power will not be oppressed by a fascist regime, they will join it

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

People forget that a trump victory isn't a failure for the DNC. Getting their guy into the white house would be their best outcome, but they're fine with trump since he supports capital, and so do they. They just do it differently with different focuses.

So he can do all the dirty things and then they can reap the benefits while complaining about him the whole time.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

maffew buildings posted:

I hope I'm proven wrong but I don't believe the DNC cares about anything but maintaining their sense of moral superiority when it's all said and done

they dont. theyre perfectly fine being a permanent minority party offering performative resistance and doing the GOP's dirty work on the rare occasion they stumble into power, as long as when the music stops theyve still got a seat at the table.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Wasabi the J posted:

Straterra is great for my weird mix of ADHD and anxiety, and Wellbutrin keeps the abyss from opening up too far, and they haven't affected my brain think meat too bad.

Honest Q, as a pharmacist what kinda medical advice or opinion can you legally provide? Like can you say something to another doctor about some horrible interactions? Can you tell a patient they need to see a doc before they come back? Can you recommend "asking your doctor about x"?

This isn't anything pressing just thought I'd ask.

That's literally my job description actually. Assessing drug interactions and informing patients and/or doctors is the reason why my job exists. In Canada there's a bunch of legally defined medical acts like diagnosing, surgical intervention, prescribing, injections, dispensing etc. and of course doctors get to do them all while every other health professional only gets a small slice of the pie. If doctors didn't worry about keeping track of medication history and interactions they'd be handing out meds themselves. And they do sometimes! Like when they give you an Ativan before surgery or whatnot.

We can send scripts back to doctors or refuse to fill if we feel we have a legitimate reason to do so. Any kinda complaints are basically brought up to a group of peers so as long as you do what most pharmacists would do in your situation you're fine.

I often do tell patients that they should ask about X as an alternative to what they're taking right now because it might work a little better and doctors do call us sometimes because they're trying to work through drug alternatives because the one they wanted doesn't work or the antibiotic they wanted to give is gonna make their heart rhythm go wonky with their Lexapro.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Wasabi the J posted:

Straterra is great for my weird mix of ADHD and anxiety, and Wellbutrin keeps the abyss from opening up too far, and they haven't affected my brain think meat too bad.

Honest Q, as a pharmacist what kinda medical advice or opinion can you legally provide? Like can you say something to another doctor about some horrible interactions? Can you tell a patient they need to see a doc before they come back? Can you recommend "asking your doctor about x"?

This isn't anything pressing just thought I'd ask.

Were you ever on Adderall? How does the Strattera compare, if so?

Also wellbutrin made me go from mildly depressed to legit suicidal with nightmares out the rear end (I have never had nightmares before or after.)

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I should also note that pharmacists don't mess with psych meds generally because they're so personalized in effect and it's best left to the doctor (even if they may or may not be very good at it)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
When attempting to kidnap a protester, probably shouldn't be close to the crowd...

https://twitter.com/Jake_Hanrahan/status/1300117154759614464?s=20

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stultus Maximus posted:

I've read enough poo poo from arfcom, free republic, Zyklon Ben, and other far right nuts over the last decade (thanks to SA). They have been told for decades that a Democratic government is an existential threat to liberty via FEMA death camps and New World Order UN stormtroopers, but the average Democratic voter is a limp-wristed soy boy who will literally shake and piss himself at the sight of a manly man with a gun. So with a Republican manly man controlling the government, they feel free to strap on their arsenals and wander into left wing protests because there won't be a real threat and if anyone throws a bottle it's open season. They've been fantasizing about going into cities and having open season on hippies and "urban ferals" for decades and they think it's their chance now. The Kenosha Kid was explicitly doing this and assumed that the cops would be on his side. We'll see if the jury is. They are probably right that the cops and might be right that the juries will support them. They didn't count on left wing protesters being armed and using the same reasoning about shooting first. After Kyle Rittenhouse's actions, armed left wing protesters are going to be a lot more jumpy and shoot a lot faster rather than risk being gunned down by militia nuts.

It's gonna escalate.

Remember: "Boogaloo bois" ultimately refers to a second civil war (or, as their fathers would have called it, RaHoWa) so these people are going to want to escalate it.

Perfect example:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wow garrison's taste in guns is dogshit

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Wasabi the J posted:

I have the same weird mix. Strattera was absolutely great but then it literally turned my dick off. Like I still had the drive but it just stopped working. If it managed to work it felt like I got kicked in the balls at the finish.

Wellbutrin feels good for about a week then it turns the anxiety to 11.

I've been on good ol Adderall for a few years. It's not perfect but it works most of the time. I wish your combo worked for me because it really did feel great.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I've got quetiapine and escitalopram myself. I sleep really well now, and it makes life seem okay, and like I can be happy, and that I might even deserve to be.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

iwentdoodie posted:

Were you ever on Adderall? How does the Strattera compare, if so?

Also wellbutrin made me go from mildly depressed to legit suicidal with nightmares out the rear end (I have never had nightmares before or after.)

Complicated story but ""no"". I don't like stimulants because they cause me a bit more physical discomfort and insomnia, and I'm usually already a night owl. This exacerbated my anxiety and depression because of the poor sleep and poor impulse control after they wear off at night.

Straterra gives me that mind of mental clarity that lets me pick the right word and keep track of time and tasks, and doesn't make my heart feel a little spicy.

Also I feel like I'm more organically productive, and I'm more tired at a normal time.

I'm not sure how effective it will be long term but right now it's better than Vynase, which is the most recent treatment I was on for 5 months.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
bupropion to balance out the depression, meletonin to sleep, fish oil for a placebo/heart benefits

guess I'm lucky for only taking one antidepressant, managed to get by with minimal damage from childhood and emotional parental abuse.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Prazosin. That poo poo saved my loving life.
I got it from a Goon in this forum, I wish I could recall who it was.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Lol

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1300620978305736704?s=20

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

"thugs"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://youtu.be/1RVRCd6J2NA

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

lmao he's spreading Fringe Libertarian/QAnon disinformation

literally everytime i say im not gonna support the Democrats Trump reinforces the notion that hes insane.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

PookBear posted:

Guard mount?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Knives Amilli posted:

lmao he's spreading Fringe Libertarian/QAnon disinformation

literally everytime i say im not gonna support the Democrats Trump reinforces the notion that hes insane.

It's dumber than you think.

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1300638047239843841?s=19

Rand Paul got yelled at by people, so he invented some conspiracy poo poo that Donnie vomited to Laura Ingraham.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

facialimpediment posted:

It's dumber than you think.

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1300638047239843841?s=19

Rand Paul got yelled at by people, so he invented some conspiracy poo poo that Donnie vomited to Laura Ingraham.

He's describing the police and doesn't know it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Welcome to September, fuckermothers.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bulletsponge13 posted:

Prazosin. That poo poo saved my loving life.
I got it from a Goon in this forum, I wish I could recall who it was.

me.

poo poo fuckin changed me too, im off it now but jfc it helped a ton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

It's 2020. Time has no meaning. It's still August 32nd.