Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
This is the point in the plague movie where they realize its spread despite the closed border, but in this case the plague is stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Why? It won't change the outcome of the election. Anyone who's going to leave him over something like tax fraud is already gone and those who are left are just going to cheer him on as a business genius.

Don't leak them, and prosecute him.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Leavemywife posted:

Is he giving that speech in the appliance section of a hardware store? What the hell is he standing in front of?
Whirlpool washers are made in finished and packaged from foreign and domestic parts in Ohio

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Nick Soapdish posted:

If only someone wrote about this, perhaps proposed a new economic system. How well, dead money is gonna choke the system to death
OK, I'm dumb but interested. Das Kapital?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Stultus Maximus posted:

Since the founding of the country conservativism has been (was) about making sure only the right people can vote.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

BigDave posted:

Good christ does he actually want to start another riot?
Living in a swing state, I get all his ads, and right now the focus is "Joe Biden is going to let black rapists come for you because there won't be any police" and "I'm a minority who has to hold up signs because I'm scared someone will hear me saying I'm scared of Joe Biden" so. . . yes?

Edit: realized I wasn't clear. All he is running on is fear since there is NOTHING positive going on in his administration, so another riot would probably be good for him. Maybe.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 17, 2020

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

orange juche posted:

I mean that's what the Obama administration was, Democrats at the federal level trying to compromise with Republicans by abandoning progressive positions, and Republicans saying "gently caress you and the horse you rode in on" while dropping racist dogwhistles as well as drumming up support at the local level to take over state legislatures and governorships, gerrymander, and pack the circuit courts with conservative judges.

Yes, that is precisely what I'm describing.

Democrats need to capture enough seats that they can ignore the Republican members of congress, and ram through stuff that allows them to actually govern without fear of being held up by conservatives trying to block poo poo, i.e. getting rid of the legislative filibuster so that they can proceed with votes without needing 66 people in Congress to end the filibuster.

Right now, Republicans are still able to control legislature as a minority party in the Senate by simply hopping up on the podium and reading Green Eggs and Ham, for as long as they want. (they're currently a majority, but that's exactly what they did when Obama and the Democrats controlled the Senate and House during his presidency)
Tl;dr: Democrats need to produce an equal and opposite ratfucking to save the republic.

Based on the history of the last generation, they will not do this.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

this is best enjoyed immediately after waking up

In which case it requires a crisp piece of bacon as a stirrer.

I used to drink this when I was 14 but I used sprite and it was called "dad won't notice if we just add a little bit from each bottle."

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The bulk of their earnings come from OT, which you get a LOT of when you're working a fire. Of course, the downside is that if there aren't any fires going on, you're making a hell of a less.
Well, I guess we have good news for them about climate change. . .

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Wonder Free posted:

90% of it is boring as hell, and the rest is a bouncy mess. Like the crappiest roller coaster ever. Sometimes we get cool pics and videos though.
So are your inner ears just filled with cement? I can't imagine being able to concentrate on anything while flying through a hurricane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
"Die for football" is a stance so spicy that even Rage Against The Machine finds it implausible.