Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«44 »
yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I think the rebound is part of COVID in America just being "the new normal" to use a stupid loving phrase. In march and april, nobody gave a poo poo about any form of entertainment really, people here included. Through the months though AEW has kept up its in ring and booking quality, where WWE, to my knowledge (formally banned from watching) is just throwing poo poo against the wall every week with no cohesion to speak of. The rebound makes a lot of sense to me, as well as the cratering demos of WWE. Thank you for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

yea ok is wise

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

He didn't do himself any favors in the press. Saying people boo you because they are jealous of how much money you make working three days a week? Whoops.

Given that pretty much every top guy in WWE has said some variation of this for the past 20 years I think it's what Vince has instructed them all to say.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Gonzo McFee posted:

Given that pretty much every top guy in WWE has said some variation of this for the past 20 years I think it's what Vince has instructed them all to say.

So, him and John Cena?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

So, him and John Cena?

Him, Cena, Jericho, Rollins, Batista and many others have all said some Variation of "It's not that we suck, it's that these plebs watching are too impatient and stupid for the quality product we're putting out". Jericho was a big proponent of "Wait and see" for the longest time until he left and just utterly shat on the creative process in WWE and kept on hosting people who also shat on the product.

So ether Vince loudly states this to the point where everyone else just mimics him or it's a company directive to blame the fans for not seeing the brilliance of "Big Show farts in a paper bag and then puts the paper bag on someone's head who passes out from the bad fart smell".

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM

Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

"Big Show farts in a paper bag and then puts the paper bag on someone's head who passes out from the bad fart smell".
this sounds amazing though

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Him, Cena, Jericho, Rollins, Batista and many others have all said some Variation of "It's not that we suck, it's that these plebs watching are too impatient and stupid for the quality product we're putting out". Jericho was a big proponent of "Wait and see" for the longest time until he left and just utterly shat on the creative process in WWE and kept on hosting people who also shat on the product.

So ether Vince loudly states this to the point where everyone else just mimics him or it's a company directive to blame the fans for not seeing the brilliance of "Big Show farts in a paper bag and then puts the paper bag on someone's head who passes out from the bad fart smell".

I mean he did ride a casket being dragged by a car while crying and it ruled

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

#RXT REVOLUTION~!

future scoopin'...

Grimey Drawer

Was that Randy's first punt in like a decade? He's only teased them since I restarted watching.

JOHN CENA
Oct 20, 2006

i mean the wrestlers are very clearly told over and over to Support The Team, No Matter What. its not a shocker when wrestlers who do actively say they're frustrated with creative etc are suddenly the wrestlers who are doing skits where doctors reach up into their rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Sanguinia posted:

Was that Randy's first punt in like a decade? He's only teased them since I restarted watching.

Nope, he's punted both Edge and Christian this year.

«44 »