Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Procrastinator posted:

I dont remember what name they gave him in the segment.

Yabba-dabba-kato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

I really hope this is the beginning of Shane somehow bumbling his way into taking over the company

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

OctoberCountry posted:

I really hope this is the beginning of Shane somehow bumbling his way into taking over the company

who would win:

a 20 year long plan to infiltrate and usurp the inheritance of an insane billionaire
vs.
one shooty boi

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

Shoot style, the way to finally win back the key demo! Hell yeah.

Women just want more realism in their wrestling. That's why they love AEW, Raw Underground and antifa.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

who would win:

a 20 year long plan to infiltrate and usurp the inheritance of an insane billionaire
vs.
one shooty boi

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! YOU CAN'T JUST START YOUR OWN UNDERGROUND BRAND ON RAW OUT OF NOWHERE!!! YOU CAN'T BUILD A YOUNG AUDIENCE WITHOUT TAKING TOO SWEET SELFIES WITH INDIE DARLINGS!!! YOU AREN'T EVEN COPYING 80'S JCP BOOKING!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

haha key demo go brrrrrrrrr

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

OctoberCountry posted:

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! YOU CAN'T JUST START YOUR OWN UNDERGROUND BRAND ON RAW OUT OF NOWHERE!!! YOU CAN'T BUILD A YOUNG AUDIENCE WITHOUT TAKING TOO SWEET SELFIES WITH INDIE DARLINGS!!! YOU AREN'T EVEN COPYING 80'S JCP BOOKING!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OctoberCountry posted:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Who knew the Shane/Undertake Hell in a Cell match, the canonical funniest Hell in a Cell match, was the key to WWE's revival this entire time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dimebags Brain posted:

the canonical funniest Hell in a Cell match,

bro

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
YOU CANT DRAFT A MURDERER!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

YOU CANT DRAFT A MURDERER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciW-6UCPNyw

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I maintain that presenting Shane as a legit shoot style grappler who was a great threat to the Undertaker was funnier. One of the hardest laugh's I've ever had at a wrestling match was from Shane's lovely triangle choke.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Golden Bee posted:

Why do all these guys wrestle the fighting is so much more effective?
wrestling becomes the superior form of combat once you add ropes to the ring

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

There's a nonzero chance now that Vince decides shootfighting is the future of the WWE and brings back the actual Brawl 4 All with Shane competing in it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

I maintain that presenting Shane as a legit shoot style grappler who was a great threat to the Undertaker was funnier. One of the hardest laugh's I've ever had at a wrestling match was from Shane's lovely triangle choke.

That Mania season where everyone was laughing about the possibility of a Shane/Taker match because it was so obviously going to be a squash, and then it was a serious half hour competitive match

The GDT was surreal

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

overmind2000 posted:

There's a nonzero chance now that Vince decides shootfighting is the future of the WWE and brings back the actual Brawl 4 All with Shane competing in it

Don't forget that Vince sees positive feedback, and does the wrong thing with it.

We think this simply shows people wanted to see what the buzz was about, and tuned in for the trainwreck.

God only knows what Vince will decide to put on TV in response.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm hoping for molotov cocktails raining down on RAW underground

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Eh, this was after the streak was broken. Google turns up that he fought Bray Wyatt the Mania before he fought Shane, that must have gone well. Like, Taker wasn't quite as pathetic as he would become, but Shane fighting him and not losing instantly wasn't as crazy as it used to be since they are both jokes. I can't really decide who I'd put at #1 on any Shane Winning A Match He Really Really Shouldn't Have list, it'd be literally everyone.

Like, Shane vs. Brock is not impossible, people. And It's not impossible that Shane might get a longer match than Kofi.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1291109864622653441

Wiki posted:

Pat McAfee
Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)

Wiki posted:

Adam Cole
Billed height 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)

*chuckles* ohhhh nonono

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So it wasn't a work? Cole's just a tool?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Chris James 2 posted:

*chuckles* ohhhh nonono

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Td2CTuiVY

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

overmind2000 posted:

I would watch WWE programming if every week they had Brawl 4 All with different wrestlers fighting Shane.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

It was a work

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's a tactic to become real news and if enough outlets pick it up they might do something else. but no one cared

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Definitely a work.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Definitely a work, WWE loves clicks and hashtags and they do random poo poo for no reason to get them often.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Blaise330 posted:

Correction, Janetti says this is only the FIRST time he killed a man and got away with it.

I can't think of anyone who's admitted more serious crimes in public venues and seems to still be floating around in public undeterred.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dimebags Brain posted:

Shane could definitely beat the Undertaker in a shoot. I love that stupid match.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I thought Shane vs Undertaker was good

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

blunt posted:

Definitely a work.

If it was real, Cole would have been punished for embarrassing the company.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

blunt posted:

Definitely a work.

I guess I assumed it would pay off in a logical way of Cole and McAfee being mad at each other. But I guess I don't understand much WWE booking so it not making sense shouldn't have been something I read into. My bad.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

shane is my friend

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Cavauro posted:

shane is my friend

he's the best friend in the world

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Abroham Lincoln posted:

he's the best friend in the world

Kevin Owens is the best friend. When a friend wants to do something stupid, hypocritical or self destructive, Kevin will beat you to teach you the error of your ways. The reason why you have never seen El Generico again is he finally realised Kevin was right all along.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DogsInSpace! posted:

Kevin Owens is the best friend. When a friend wants to do something stupid, hypocritical or self destructive, Kevin will beat you to teach you the error of your ways. The reason why you have never seen El Generico again is he finally realised Kevin was right all along.

I was about to make a "But that's Chris Jericho and the other guys" post, but you Kevin Owens-ed me.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

shane is my friend

<3<3<3

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Chris James 2 posted:

We're still talking about the one who signed on to Tooth Fairy and fully funded Baywatch and Skyscraper, right?

I know this post is 500 pages ago but I will not allow Skyscraper to be tarnished like this. I initially turned it off after like 20 minutes thinking can this get any dumber. Than I gave it a second try when I was doing my The Rock Anthology viewing (hell yeah Fast Five best movie ever) and it get's dumber, but then it turns out really good (for what it is). It's like 10x better than San Andreas at least...

(lol just found out about the brawl 4 all like an hour ago)

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

I was about to make a "But that's Chris Jericho and the other guys" post, but you Kevin Owens-ed me.

Jericho is alot like Kevin. They are both willing to do anything to help you, even if you hate them for it afterwards. That takes true self sacrifice. God bless Kevin Owens/Steen and Jericho. They are also Canadian and Canadians are the superior friends to everyone. It's just facts man....

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

k I'm gonna need the women here to explain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

probably a case of how percentages can be somewhat misleading if you don't know the totals