Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
Congrats Kamala, the first dead person to be chosen as a running mate for the presidency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
In the day we sweat it out on mats
Of an independent contractor dream
At night we read through meandering promos
From bloated writing teams
Sprung with changes at half-past nine
More heels, spots rejected and camera cuts all the drat time
Oh, baby this town is your home from way back
That's a death trap, it's a sure sign you'll tap
We gotta get out while we're young
When Vince wants us, baby we are going to RAW

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Did shane hold his 270% increase in women 16-34 or whatever he got last week?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Yo does anyone have the full gif of Lesnar and Reigns playing tug of war with the title?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

Oh yeah, it's also Payback, isnt it? Payback=Retribution.

Either this is what they're doing or its something dumber and you stumbled into something too clever for them.
It's the latter

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here is the unreleased themesong of the new faction

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

here is the unreleased themesong of the new faction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVB95IcNocU it's this actually

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Random youtube link post here

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You are random

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cuts like a knife

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

This:

Is loving insane. I mean, I know it's always been that way and nobody is allowed to truly shine or "grab the brass ring" but to have it spoken so clearly to you has got to be the most maddening thing someone can hear.

I know Ricochet is a cop and a joke now, but he failed his original WWE try-out because other try-out(ees?) saw him and marked out about "oh poo poo is that Ricochet!?" and WWE apparently didn't like that. Like, that's the entire reason you brought him in in the first place! Because everyone in the industry knows him and thinks he's amazing! Trying to figure out WWE logic is a fool's game.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Dimebags Brain posted:

I know Ricochet is a cop and a joke now, but he failed his original WWE try-out because other try-out(ees?) saw him and marked out about "oh poo poo is that Ricochet!?" and WWE apparently didn't like that. Like, that's the entire reason you brought him in in the first place! Because everyone in the industry knows him and thinks he's amazing! Trying to figure out WWE logic is a fool's game.

It's actually not, it's rather simple: It's "Dude got over without us? No such thing, let's have him spend two decades in the Humble Rumble."

It's just that Ricochet is an idiot who goes along with it thinking he will get a WM main event (that matters) when he eventually wins.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's cult poo poo. You don't recruit people who know their own value. The last thing you want in a cult is someone with self esteem who knows what they're worth.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's cult poo poo. You don't recruit people who know their own value. The last thing you want in a cult is someone with self esteem who knows what they're worth.

It’s scary to imagine what they had to do to break Seth when they refused to call him up for years.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chromatic posted:

Yo does anyone have the full gif of Lesnar and Reigns playing tug of war with the title?

Probably not the Full one but

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

Probably not the Full one but

Reminder that this was literally the last moment on their go-home show before Mania -- the screen just faded to black without the tug-of-war ever resolving, to the point where a lot of people thought their cable cut out.

It's a funny moment on its own but the full context was just baffling at the time.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The way they did it to keep the company logo centered in the frame is more blatant than the most obvious product placement.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i am sorry for trying to merge separate moments from different sources together so that it showed as much as i could find, and it looking extremely bad

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

It’s scary to imagine what they had to do to break Seth when they refused to call him up for years.

You say that, but...

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Now that there's finally some space since The Great Roman Push I mostly just feel bad for the guy. They hosed him up in every way possible.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

is pepsi ok posted:

Now that there's finally some space since The Great Roman Push I mostly just feel bad for the guy. They hosed him up in every way possible.

He didn't do himself any favors in the press. Saying people boo you because they are jealous of how much money you make working three days a week? Whoops.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wonder if like, Rollins will have his kid and suddenly have an "Ohhhhh... that's what's important" moment and chill out too.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
In any other wrestling company Joe Anoa’i, is a world champ and a guy you can build your promotion around.

Vince can gently caress up anyone.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Cavauro posted:

i am sorry for trying to merge separate moments from different sources together so that it showed as much as i could find, and it looking extremely bad

My brain just sees this as them trying to force the belt upon the other, which in hindsight is far funnier.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That belt is so loving ugly. All the ugly belts in the Ugly Belt Thread at least have some form of character, even if the character is "bad".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Answers Me posted:

My brain just sees this as them trying to force the belt upon the other, which in hindsight is far funnier.

I think its something about the way they're grimacing. It feels like they're going "NO, YOU TAKE IT!"

That or we just can't process grown men playing tug of war with something, especially so awkwardly.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think it would be an okay belt if it were just one of them and not the template for all the top belts. Not here for any of the wacky colours they put on it either.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Roman even if you get the belt you’re not the champion. What kind of game are you playing here?

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
I have successfully ignored WWE for two years but someone just told me they're doing an anarchist antifa angle.

Which I will assume will end with them jobbing to Seth Rollins' nazi ex girlfriend while she Hitler salutes the Wrestlemania logo.

Welp anyway back to ignoring WWE

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Mrs. Dash posted:

I have successfully ignored WWE for two years but someone just told me they're doing an anarchist antifa angle.

Which I will assume will end with them jobbing to Seth Rollins' nazi ex girlfriend while she Hitler salutes the Wrestlemania logo.

Welp anyway back to ignoring WWE

I don't think she's with the company anymore.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It’s really funny how the direction for the segment was clearly ”oh and you better make drat well sure that the logo is visible to the camera at all times”, making a garbage rear end thing look even more unnatural

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

It looks like there are fighting over the last box in a San Francisco 49ers match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey look, here's some numbers. They mostly go down!

Last Raw with crowds:
P18-49: 0.68, 0.71, 0.68
P18-34: 0.49, 0.52, 0.51
Viewership: 2.15, 2.22, 2.10

First Covid Raw:
P18-49: 0.80, 0.77, 0.70
P18-34: 0.54, 0.53, 0.48
Viewership: 2.41, 2.48, 2.10

Raw After Mania:
P18-49: 0.78, 0.69, 0.64
P18-34: 0.40, 0.36, 0.38
Viewership: 2.31, 2.06, 1.92

Raw After Raw After Mania:
P18-49: 0.59, 0.56, 0.52
P18-34: 0.34, 0.30, 0.27
Viewership: 1.99, 1.91, 1.83

Heyman's last Raw:
P18-49: 0.55, 0.55, 0.48
P18-34: 0.34, .033, 0.29
Viewership: 1.82, 1.79, 1.59

This week's Raw:
P18-49: 0.50, 0.46, 0.46
P18-34: 0.19, 0.23, 0.23
Viewership: 1.81, 1.75, 1.60

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

18-34 has really fallen off a loving cliff.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It wasn't exactly doing great in the covid era under Heyman but it's becoming a complete loving dumpster fire under Pritchard.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MJeff posted:

It wasn't exactly doing great in the covid era under Heyman but it's becoming a complete loving dumpster fire under Pritchard.
I'm wondering how many steps we are from him blaming then firing Pritchard soon enough and him hiring Vince Russo

There can't be too many old hacks left before that, right?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's been said before but it's really damning how much WWE ratings tanked during a period where there were no sports. loving NASCAR video game sims killed it in the ratings because people were desperate for any kind of live content, and even then they looked at WWE and were like "nah we're good."

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

I'm wondering how many steps we are from him blaming then firing Pritchard soon enough and him hiring Vince Russo

There can't be too many old hacks left before that, right?

He's not gonna rehire Bischoff because he showed up on AEW now, so uh, would Russo be next in line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

It's been said before but it's really damning how much WWE ratings tanked during a period where there were no sports. loving NASCAR video game sims killed it in the ratings because people were desperate for any kind of live content, and even then they looked at WWE and were like "nah we're good."

AEW went down too, showing it's not just WWE - empty arena wrestling is a stone cold bummer to watch if you don't do it right. But whereas AEW has rebounded and is back to pre-pandemic numbers, Raw and SmackDown have just continued to crater.