Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
More like gross reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

CarlCX posted:

Even if you wanted to keep them a group that fought other groups, the "there was no one left on the roster to fight" thing doesn't make sense to me because The Shield were, themselves, a random assemblage of dudes they just pulled out of the semi-NXT ether and convinced everyone was important, and around the time they broke up is when NXT was first really going into indie-superstar-collectathon mode. Around the time of/within a few months after the breakup the NXT roster had Pac, Sami, Finn, Owens, KENTA, The Revival, The Ascension before they became a joke, even fuckin' Baron Corbin if you wanted to be all Vince McMahon about it. It would've been the easiest thing in the world, and a way to cross-promote a still-new NXT, to have Triple H get revenge for the slaying of his old friends by bringing in an army of his shiny new superwrestler toys the same way they had with The Shield in the first place.

This is a good idea but for it to work WWE would have to admit that everything outside it isn't just some meaningless little league mudshow so it'd never happen.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Nice of Rock to stage an intervention, as Vince is clearly addicted to owning garbage sports leagues.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ChrisBTY posted:

Oh wow who guessed the fascist carny would take a stab at antifa like this?

I was just gonna say that if WWE does a storyline whenre the company comes under attack by antifa then aren't they basically telling on themselves?

Besides that,

Rarity posted:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:same:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Junpei Hyde posted:

Instead of sixers I'm gonna make people watch raw

If this isn't a crime against humanity it should be.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

blunt posted:

Pretty bold of WWE to rename the third hour of Raw after their ratings.

How have they got to the point where they're trying Shane McMahon's Stripper Fight Club *before* trying really basic things like 'use a director who isn't having a fit' and 'dont antagonise the values of the 18-34 demo you're desperately trying to build'? :psyduck:

Bold ideas, but have you considered telling the audience that they're idiots and they'll like what you've decided they should like instead?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
So what I'm seeing here is that they drew in about 100k people rubbernecking at the slow-motion trainwreck in addition to the people who have WWE on as background noise.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Interesting move for WWE to debut a new top babyface group. That's what they're going for, right?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Shoulda just named the group Antifa Elite Warriors.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

Bray was out there before commercial, Alexa just kind of materialized

Also the way she stopped the mandible claw was by gently caressing his cheek and he got angry and stomped away

So in other words Alexa would at some point have to had voluntarily walked out there to be menaced by what they're selling as a supernatural entity of evil who attacked her last week and threatened to hurt her this week. Even if this is some kind of swerve it still makes no drat sense.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I mean from the hour and change of raw I watched this week, MVP is the star and the only wrestler who isn’t an idiot

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Astro7x posted:

I think it serves its purpose of getting to the point of a segment much quicker by not having an actual match.

Like the Nia thing... okay, so if it was in the ring, one of the MMA horsewomen would have a match, entrance and all, beat up some jobber for about 7 minutes. Then Nia would come out and attack her after the match, then Shayna would come out. It's like a 10-12 minute segment condensed on Raw Underground in about 2 minutes. The Dolph/Viking Raider thing, that would have easily been a 15-20 minute match with 1 or 2 commercial breaks, just to get to the loving point of setting up a match for next week against the other dude.

Don't they still do all that poo poo though?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I feel like everything about the Ryan Satin tweet is entirely disingenuous, including all the WWE people replying to it. Why can't you just make a good show then maybe people would care? Why is it that solution is completely off the table as to why fans are fickle? Your company is losing viewers by the week and it's still somehow their fault?

WWE is literally a cult.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I hadn't actually seen footage of the WWE Thunderdome in action before, and while it's cool that they tried something new I literally found it nausea-inducing.

So GJ Kevin Dunn, ya done it again.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It might just be me, but I literally found my eyes glazing over halfway through that recap and my only real takeaway is that Randy Orton somehow attacked the entire show from behind.

E: And apparently the shadowy antifa group is led by Seth Rollins, one of management's golden boys?

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Aug 25, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

cauliflower jones posted:

i'll never understand why it's not a bigger deal during those quarterly earnings calls that the CEO of a billion dollar company is writing the entire tv show

Markets are very much not rational and the people with the money don't know how what they're investing in actually works.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

BrigadierSensible posted:

A question about Thunderdome(tm)

Is it true that once you sign up for doing it, the WWE owns the footage? As in, the WWE owns you doing your thumbs up/down from your room?

Because if that is true, it is not beyond the WWE to just stockpile the "acceptable" images of people yaying and booing, and then just use these in perpetuity. Ansd we will see the same faces doing the same clapping that they were told to do last weekend on Summerslam next weekend on Payback.

Eternal background KKK rally does sound on brand though.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Perhaps running several hundred live feeds on a live broadcast is a bad idea :thunk:

Yeah, this got me thinking, how exactly could even you successfully monitor this poo poo even if you try? Seems pretty impossible to me.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Eat My Fuc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpMLY4yORWs Roddy on the overscripting of wrestling and the trashy content in 2002. Ain't a drat thing changed. I also rewatched Wrestling with Shadows recently and man I'm starting to give up on the WWE.

ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Corporate talk is always bullshit, but it gets to a whole new level when a goddamn carnie starts speaking like that.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Paul Lev Esq.
Zero Tolerance ?
No, sexpests allowed.

:perfect:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
So let me get this straight, the top babyface is going to be the demonic entity that invades people's minds and drags them into B-horror movies?

Eat My Fuc posted:

So Omega was on Smackdown tonight via Thunderdome?

He did do that hardcore match against Mox, so his masochistic tendencies are known.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Jesus Christ this carny loving rear end in a top hat company.

And this isn't even the worst crime that Vince has helped cover up.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hey EMF, I just wanna point out that Bryan winning at WM30 happened despite Vince and not thanks to him. Vince and WWE deserve none of the credit here, they're just a bunch of scumbags who took advantage of what Bryan created.

E: I guess what I'm saying is that there's no guilt on you for being saved by that moment, ethically speaking.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 30, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I have faith that Vince will find a way to gently caress up Roman as a heel as well.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Fiend will be very spooky and Roman will pee his pants while yelling about what a pantspisser he is.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
In fact I've obtained exclusive footage of Roman Reigns from sometime tomorrow:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The main event sounds like such dogshit that I'm almost tempted to watch it just to see how bad it is.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
This title reign cannot be stopped for any reason.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Because they see Keith Lee as the equivalent of a low level MMO character?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mkay0 posted:

The Fiend never got pinned either week and has a strong argument to face Roman again.

The WWE Universe sure is fortunate that it has a match of such caliber as Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt to look forward to.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Magic dimensional horror powers are stored in the balls.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

blunt posted:

So retribution had zero presence on the show? Has that whole storyline been memory-holed already?

No you see these are very polite violent anarchists who only show up whenever's convenient for WWE.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

Can we take a moment to acknowledge and thank Vince McMahon for his unmatched bravery in carrying the Fiend's mallet through the covid-infested lands of Florida? Making sure it got from the Performance Center to the Amway Center was drat heroic.

Remember when VInce had Brodie Lee signed and then he put him in some dumbass mallet-based tag team and didn't even let him speak?

Good times.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
So who's gonna start the betting pool for how long it'll take for Vince to come crawling back to his beloved slab of meat?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I say bring in Brock and have him job to Marko Stunt.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Realtalk though, Brock with his working boots on is actually really good and I'd pay money to see an Omega/Lesnar match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Not to be rude or anything, but WWE is objectively poo poo and if you try to tell me that this turd is in fact gold then that's not exactly gonna make me more likely to take you seriously.