Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

If you didn't figure that out with WrestleMania 7 then I just don't know how to explain it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Vagabundo posted:

Well, have you Americans ever considered watching sports that aren't poo poo?

When you are the world's largest economy, you can decide which sports are and are not poo poo. But unless you're Chinese that's not in the cards. I hope you like basketball.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That is what all short people will be forced to play.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

"What do you mean I can't use nostalgia booking in markets that have never seen my product before?"

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The way they did it to keep the company logo centered in the frame is more blatant than the most obvious product placement.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

is pepsi ok posted:

Now that there's finally some space since The Great Roman Push I mostly just feel bad for the guy. They hosed him up in every way possible.

He didn't do himself any favors in the press. Saying people boo you because they are jealous of how much money you make working three days a week? Whoops.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Gonzo McFee posted:

Given that pretty much every top guy in WWE has said some variation of this for the past 20 years I think it's what Vince has instructed them all to say.

So, him and John Cena?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

RealFoxy posted:

Imagining 30 years down the road trying to explain why Wrestlemania 37 had digital crowds and Wrestlemania 36 had no fans at all

"What's a Wrestlemania?"

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I don't think intergender matches are a good fit for the WWE style, because every WWE match has the same formula where the heel spends most of the match smacking the face around and wearing them down. And even if the face wins at the end, seeing some large man stand over a woman and grind a boot into her joints for long stretches of time isn't very much fun.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Neodoomium posted:

Oh definitely. There is no match that is served well by the WWE style, intergender or otherwise. They can't do anything correctly.

They accentuate flaws and hide strengths like nobody else

RealFoxy posted:

No company should be booking matches like that.

Sure, but "no company should be booking matches like that" describes HOW much of WWE, exactly?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Grem posted:

Someone here said that wrestling was like a fighting game in real life. In fighting games women and men fight all the time. If WWE went full on "this is fiction" I could see intergender wrestling being more common.

Now you made me imagine how unfun a fighting game where you fight shittier the less health you have and where you can just keep hitting people on the ground would be

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ad by Khad posted:

loyal bandwagoners

Is this a bit, like how you're pretending video games are a sport

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ad by Khad posted:

sports bars in my city put it on the tvs, seems like a sport to me

They also show Seinfeld reruns, but seeing how many shrimp you can fit in your mouth is closer to a sport than driving a car or playing a video game.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

cams posted:

vince like the big guys

He likes them to be very strong and beat everyone because that's what he likes to imagine himself as. He also thinks shittily bullying people is what a face does because he is a lovely bully.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Miz's main event was poo poo but it was still better than 9

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's about the Allison Mack sex cult

I thought Alison Mack was that Nickelodeon show about the girl who gets super powers. Was very surprised how dark that show got.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

CarlCX posted:

"Everyone's career will go through ups and downs," says Triple H, the Cerebral Assassin, the rear end-Kicker, the 14-time world champion

No see he had a couple of months where he was being punished by being in a program with the Ultimate Warrior and losing

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

JT Smiley posted:

The big dog remains the lamest nickname for a modern day wrestler.

It's in a thousand-way tie with every other nickname WWE tries to push on people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Yeah it's definitely the forum's fault, not the bad product.