Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the wwe were trying to break up the shield for months beforehand and couldn't do it because all three guys worked together to resist it and the wwe only succeeded in breaking them up by springing it on them the night of the show when it happened, you can't say they had nowhere else to go with the gimmick it was just a continuation of the pathological need to break up tag teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lid posted:

Never forget they did The Jannety for Miz and Morrison and for a twist went all in on Miz who was the xlearly less talented of the two.

And a decade and more on he still is the less talented and Morrison just has a lifetime of never being the guy because of it. So they intentionally sabotaged everyone involved including themselves because what a twist.

now im thinking about Dave comparing the Miz to Kento Miyahara again and laughing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lid posted:

Bryan Alvarez compared TJP to Hiroshi Tanahashi

the Miz/Kento comparison wasn't a positive one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6l1EJ2uZv4

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the rock probably recoups what he is going to pay yearly on the XFL every time a post-Fast Five F&F movie plays on basic cable

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Seth Rollins posted:

the latest rumor going around is that The Rock plans to take the XFL, turn that sumbitch sideways, and stick it straight up your candy rear end

he's not even gonna shine it up real nice for me? loving ripoff

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lid posted:

good news Dominick Dijakovic has deleted all his tweets since wrestlemania so they have a hoss with them

finally, with Vince's eyes squarely on him they can finally run the Ustase gimmick they've always wanted to give him

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bartok posted:

Holy poo poo! I was figuring it was some kinda Jeff Hardy poo poo but was not caricature artist from local amusement park.

Sam Shaw was literally a caricature artist at Universal as a side gig when he was wrestling for TNA

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Was it Madison Rayne who was also having to work full time as a manager of a Sunglasses Hut?

i believe that was Taylor Wilde or something similar

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CarlCX posted:

I cannot get over that they gave Adam Cole the longest world title reign in NXT history, had his stable dominate the company for even longer and put him over everyone from Johnny Gargano to Daniel Bryan, and their first post-championship storyline capitalizing on all of that time and effort is a feud with Pat Buck, Part-Time Backstage Guy

oh no its not

its a feud with Pat McAfee, a retired NFL punter who doesn't even work for the WWE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pat McAfee built his entire brand on being the big strong athletic punter but Brian Moorman was always cooler than him

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

where's Todd Sauerbrun I bet that dude's still juiced up and ready to go

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Critical posted:

i read the book where an author becomes a place kicker on the broncos during spring training and sauerbrun is the biggest loving meathead

remember when he called out Devin Hester and was all like "we're not afraid of him, we're not gonna kick away from him" and then Hester housed two punts and the third punt he tried to kick away from him and the punt got blocked by Peanut Tillman

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

So, who's Pat McAfee, and why is he getting a match?

According to a Google search, he was a "punter." Aren't punters the guys who kick and little else?

yeah

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

SD Results 8/7:
[list]
[*]The Miz and John Morrison's first guest on the Dirt Sheet is Mandy Rose's hair, a puppet they use to make fun of her and Heavy Machinery. Miz has technical difficulties with his mic, but assures the antifa group Retribution aren't booked for tonight. Their next/real guest is Sonya Deville, who defends attacking Mandy last week and mocks her some more. Heavy Machinery come out and brawl, chasing off Miz and Morrison
[*]The show ends with the antifa group Retribution chasing the commentary team and camera crew out with baseball bats. They go out into the crowd and attack the PC talent. They tip the announce table and spray paint the ring and the corona-protective glass, then destroy the ring ropes with a chainsaw

what the

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how is it more embarrassing than i even pictured it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it goes on for so long and all you can hear is one guy repeatedly going "UGH. HUUGH. UGH. HUHUGHG."

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

That was kinda fun. Kinda laughed at the random scribbles with the spray paint but it was a pretty wild segment that made pretty good use of the fake crowds. I hope the not antifa faction doesn't just job out at the first major ppv but they probably will. From what I hear about the potential members it could be alright.

Narrator voice: It wasn't.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*emphatically, with a positive intonation* Eat My Fuc!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Don't Get Yourself Over

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Shane should ask Alec Baldwin how to get rid of big head disease.

ain't gonna help as long as shane's on that poo poo that make ya head grow

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ensign

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

A Salty Affair posted:

I've been watching Renee since she was on The Score here in Canada and drat the WWE is incredibly stupid to let someone that talented leave. I would have thrown absolutely all the money at her to keep her around.

On another note, it dawned on me today that if not for the women's division I would probably stop watching WWE entirely. To be honest I already skip all the weekly shows and just follow the results so that I know what's going on to watch the occasional PPV.

But yeah, the women's division is the only thing interesting about the WWE anymore. Even when they use the same tired WWE storylines at least it still feels somewhat fresh because of the personnel involved.

even when they humiliate talent for getting over on their own it feels fresh!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the gently caress is AJ Hawk gonna do, wait for Pat to do a finisher and then jump on the pin to pad his stats?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

davidbix posted:

It would have been FCW, but...yeah. She must mean after a show.

remember when naomi had a last name. wild

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't actually

in FCW she went by Naomi Knight

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao the absolute deflection

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

MJF was rumoured to be one of their indie ringers and then he went with Cody and AEW and now that there are other decent opportunities around people seem far more willing to look elsewhere.

Kris Statlander was too, and they apparently scared her off by leaking that she'd been signed to news outlets before it'd be finalized

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

those steaming hot promising young talents, Akam and Rezar

also lmaoing at putting Shane Strickland and Trevor Lee on that list when them going to WWE was like pouring buckets of water on a campfire in terms of their heat

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Smackdown Results 21/8:
  • Naomi interrupted Corey Graves interviewing Bayley and Sasha in the ring to challenge them both to matches tonight... in a Beat the Clock Challenge to determine who faces Asuka at Summerslam first. So she was... accepting both would be able to beat her and wanted to see who could do it faster?
  • Sasha beat Naomi in 3:39 in a Beat the Clock challenge.
  • Naomi defeated Bayley with 1:44 left on the clock. Bayley now faces Asuka first at Summerslam. Asuka came out and mocked them both, promising to be the "Empress of Every Title".

what

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

no but like for real, what

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Sonya’s promo was god tier though

EMF please I'm begging you, I'm dying here, help me understand the Bayley/Sasha/Naomi thing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Well. They had a beat the clock challenge to see who between Sasha and Bayley must face Asuka first. Naomi came out and called the double champs “ding dongs” which I laughed at. Then Sasha tapped Naomi in 3 and a half minutes, which bummed me out but then Naomi beat Bayley which I enjoyed.

Not sure who it helped. Asuka came out dancing likr a wine mom which I also enjoyed.

Overall I rate the segment 7/10

you know what okay yeah i accept that

naomi just had her Ukemi set really high

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Seams posted:

Cameron Grimes used to wrestle as Trevor Lee. Which means we could have Trevor Lee vs Brodie Lee vs Keith Lee at some point in the future. Maybe Brody King can guest ref.

dude, Kimber Lee

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

man

i loving hate the miz

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

anti-click zone

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Astro7x posted:

Of all the lovely things WWE does, I can't blame them for giving directions to the fans for this type of thing, because otherwise you may as well put still photos up there.

drat its almost like thunderdome isn't a good idea to begin with

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what rules is all the people in the replies of that satin tweet that all have had their brains microwaved to the point they think this is cool

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

modern WWE programming's lighting makes it legitimately indistinguishable from the WWE 2k games sometimes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh but seriously I posted:

wrestling really loves chain restaurants

familiarity is comforting when you're on the road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

the next champ, baybee

what the gently caress