Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

CarlCX posted:

What insane eldritch power is at the heart of the XFL that it keeps possessing the minds of men with too much money.

Capitalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yo, a new Brawl For All would slap. Ironically obviously, but ironic enjoyment is more than WWE usually manages.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Who the gently caress besides Riddle can even fight in real life? Punk is going to come back to still lose in the first round to a guy who has never fought or trained to fight before maybe.

WWE is mostly gamers who spend a lot of time in the gym, no one wants to watch nerds fight for real this is so bad I really just don't believe it's happening, if i'm wrong then so be it but I can't fathom this being a real thing and twitter is wrong about poo poo all the time.

Undertaker very excited for his chance to break out a shoot gogoplata.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lid posted:

the thing about Riddle is that in the UFC he loving sucked which kind of gets overlooked

watch Riddle dangerously beat the air a few inches in front of this mans face

He wasn't great in MMA but a mediocre professional fighter is still going merk anyone else in the field.

Anyway, I hope instead of Brawl For All they decide to do a Cruiserweight Classic but it's worked shoot, GCW Bloodsport style. Hideki Suzuki comes in, breaks some limbs, goes home after losing in the semi-final.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

if they're gonna rip off GCW they should do a Tournament of Survival

All of these ideas are 100x more interesting than whatever WWE will actually do sadly. I would love to see death match Randy Orton, doing chinlocks on a barbwire board.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Instead of sixers I'm gonna make people watch raw

Definitely glad J-Ru gave me a sixer for the dumb slap fight I got in the other day rather than being forced to watch a 3 hour Raw.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

WWE is terminal. How can a random fight club pop up on tv and it looks so boring and bland?? How do you even accomplish that?

You put Kevin Dunn in charge of the production side of things.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

I work with someone that is a hardcore WWE mark in every sense of the word - like diehard level. Today they came in and I asked how the show was - they sat silently at their chair for a few minutes and then said "I just can't watch it anymore, man"

Its one of the funniest and saddest things I've ever seen lol

Hope you convinced them to sub to Wrestle Universe as a substitute

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lid posted:

Or maybe having a babyface serial killer is just a never good gimmick that can't work no matter what and its moving deck chairs on a sinking ship that happens to be located on a second sinking ship.

Sorry you lack the vision to be the next Vince Russo bud.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Shoot style, the way to finally win back the key demo! Hell yeah.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

There's a lot of words I'd use to describe McMahon and I'm not sure self loathing would be one.

There's an element of him that is embarrassed to be associated with something as southern as wrestling which is why he insists he does sports entertainment, but I think that's separate from self loathing. I can't imagine Vince being one for self-reflection and that seems necessary for self loathing

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

cool armchair psychiatry everyone

Thanks, glad it was appreciated. Fun to do.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

What is Cameron Grimes' gimmick and why does he wear that terrible hat?

His gimmick is talented wrestler who might have made money elsewhere so they had to sign him to NXT.

Unfortunately this is a very overused gimmick at this point.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

How dare you besmirch Karl Malone like that. The Mailman DELIVERS!

Malone & Kevin Greene were the 2 that stood out to me, if they'd gone at wrestling full-time

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

To be fair David Arquette should be top of that list seeing as he actually y'know, did it

It's true, he reached the pinnacle of the industry. He had a deathmatch with Nick Gage & got sliced up.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah, in the US maybe. Not where I live. You might be surprised to learn that most of the world isn't actually the USA.

You might be surprised to learn that the WWE is an American company & makes most of its revenue from US TV deals so they are mostly concerned about American fame when it comes to their celebrities.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Red posted:

I love Kidd, but he’s making a comeback to do, what, exactly? Job to Corbin and work B-Shows?

To wrestle which apparently he really misses. He started wrestling at the age of 15, he clearly just misses it.

Defiance Industries posted:

That is what all short people will be forced to play.

This erasure of Darren Sproles will not stand.

Seth can gently caress off. I've no problems with a slow build, but the WWE don't get the benefit of the doubt because of *checks notes* 2 decades of dreck.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 9, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

Another quote from Seth's appearance on the Gorilla Position

I just watched Go Shiozaki vs Kenoh & it's been stuck in my brain for 24 hours & I keep thinking about it & that is a match that simultaneously had a week's build & a build that goes back to at least when Kenoh came to NOAH 5 or 6 years ago & it's probably my MOTY so far. All the tension is both in the match in a way that never happens in the WWE and in the wrestling backgrounds of the two men & how it shaped them & their characters, which are both simple to understand but also clear & well defined. And you know what? It worked! It worked extremely well.

If WWE did storytelling like that, that was clear, subtle, easy to understand & effective, people might like it! But if you shovel them poo poo you can't just go "oh well, you see, it's long-form & you just don't have the patience for it to pay off, these younger kids today", gently caress off Seth, your core audience is born in the 1970s & are 20 years older than you are.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Hopkins FBI posted:

She also posted a My Little Pony version of Hitler on her instagram.

Look, Glittery Stardust Hitler is a very important part of history & I'm just a connoisseur of history. It's purely coincidental that my collection is entire German memorabilia from 1933 through 1945.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

Oh I thought they were babyfaces now

In Vinceworld there is no greater face move than interrupting a match to cut a promo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yuki Ishikawa ending up on the WWE Network is funny. Batt-Batt never die.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

If Roman went to NJPW i'd cry with joy. I know in my heart Okada Vs. Reigns is a 6 star match.

I dunno if Roman is really a great fit for New Japan. TBH I think it'd go about as well as Cody did (& I'm not a big Cody fan). But at least he could wrestle bare-chested & not have to wear the silly body armour.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

It’s just so oppressive and ominous l don’t even know where to start.

Perfect aesthetic for WWE then

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/joegagne/status/1296595513010196480?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Why does HHH not like us

Reddit stopped sending him fruit baskets & he's mad as hell

SatoshiMiwa posted:

He's gonna be worse than Vince yes

Steady on. I think it's important to think back at the 40 years of VKM hell before declaring that. HHH will be barely better while still being horrible by the standards of any normal human being.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Aug 23, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Every other tag title reign on the brand since Dec 2016 (team, days held) per wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_Raw_Tag_Team_Champions

Cesaro and Sheamus, 42
Gallows and Anderson, 64
Hardys, 64
Cesaro and Sheamus, 77
Dean and Seth, 79
Cesaro and Sheamus, 49
Seth and Jason Jordan, 34
Cesaro and Sheamus, 71
Braun and Nicholas, 1
Bray and Matt, 80
Bo and Axel, 50
Dolph and Drew, 49
Dean and Seth, 14
AOP, 34
Roode and Gable, 63
Revival, 54
Hawkins and Ryder, 64
Revival, 49
Gallows and Anderson, 21
Braun and Seth, 26
Dolph and Roode, 29
Viking Raiders, 98
Seth and Murphy, 41

Street Profits have held it almost half a year, one other team got to hold it for as long as three months

Whenever I feel bad about Gedo's tag team booking I will look at this post.

Braun & Nicholas.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

Wait what. They killed the Shane McMahon vanity project?! My god!!!

They realised that now GLEAT has been announced they just aren't willing to go head-to-head with them.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

Why Aleister Black turned heel:

"It is what it is" gets repeated every time they try to explain what the gently caress WWE are doing now. Which is a lot

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

ages tonight, FWIW:

Ruby Riott (29) and Liv Morgan (26) versus the IIconics (Billie 31, Peyton 27)
Bobby Lashley (44) with MVP (46) and Shelton Benjamin (45) versus Apollo Crews (33)
Big E (34) versus Sheamus (42)
Matt Riddle (34) versus King Corbin (35)
Shayna Baszler (40) and Nia Jax (36) versus Bayley (31) and Sasha Banks (28)
Keith Lee (35) versus Randy Orton (40)
Dominik Mysterio (23) and Rey Mysterio (45) versus Seth Rollins (34) and Murphy (31)
Roman Reigns (35) versus Bray Wyatt (33) versus Braun Strowman (36)

Shayna being 40 makes sense but is also blowing my mind a little
While it's fun to dunk on WWE I'm not sure this is a thing unique to them. Right now I'm catching up on NOAH. Here's the card I'm watching from Cagematch

Singles Match
Mohammed Yone (44) vs. Kinya Okada (27)
Singles Match
Tadasuke (34) vs. YO-HEY (32)
Six Man Tag Team Match
Masaaki Mochizuki (50), Naomichi Marufuji (40) & Yuko Miyamoto (38) vs. Kongo (Hao (34), Manabu Soya (35) & Nio (38))
Six Man Tag Team Match
Daiki Inaba (32), Kaito Kiyomiya (24) & Shuhei Taniguchi (43) vs. Kongo (Kenou (35), Masa Kitamiya (31) & Yoshiki Inamura (27))
Six Man Tag Team Match
Stinger (HAYATA (33), Kotaro Suzuki (42) & Yoshinari Ogawa (53)) vs. FULL THROTTLE (Atsushi Kotoge (34), Hajime Ohara (36) & Seiki Yoshioka (31))
Six Man Tag Team Match
AXIZ (Go Shiozaki (38) & Katsuhiko Nakajima (32)) & Daisuke Harada (33) vs. Sugiura-gun (Kaz Hayashi (47), Kazushi Sakuraba (51) & Takashi Sugiura (50))

3 guys under 30, 4 50 or over. And honestly, if you looked at a random NJPW show I doubt there will be a huge difference, even a guy who feels young like SHO is in his 30s. The only non Young Lions under 30 on the recent tour would be DOUKI and Wato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1300588818056253440?s=20

Is this a thing that excites anyone? A 60 minute iron match that is also a 4-way? Be as well throwing a ladder in there for good measure.