Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Here's my take: if WWE didn't completely bungle the pushes of 2/3 of The Shield after they broke them up, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The most damning thing about WWE's irrational need to break up tag teams is that they don't even know what to do with people after they break up besides "boring rivalry between ex-partners that goes on too long".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1293702434951397376

Everything this company does is so painfully uncool

You know what bugs me the most? Karrion Kross is one of many WWE wrestlers with a strong "guy in your World of Darkness group that weightlifts" vibe, but those other wrestlers were vampires or voodoo priests or undead hellspawn. They had their supernatural nature established before they actually did magic, is the point. Kross is just a large man with an aesthetic, and he went straight from dry ice fog to setting Keith Lee on fire.

Something something but the fans just aren't patient enough for WWE's long term storytelling.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Benne posted:

Does Cameron Grimes even have a character other than "wears a stupid hat"

Is Southern. Also, Is Actively A Prick.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

I just want to point out that Bray Wyatt/The Fiend seems to be having a face turn, but in a way that completely undercuts any of the supernatural weirdness that made him interesting in the first place.

Will they build Bray's mystique back up next Smackdown? Probably not.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Quid posted:

Wasn't there some weird fan theory about wrestling Bray affecting the wrestlers in some way like it changed the alignment of everyone he's wrestled so far or something? It's stupid whatever it is but I wonder if this is that "long term story telling" Seth keeps insisting is coming. It would fit with them being completely out of touch with what anyone wants. I don't think anyone is cheering for this Mr. Rodgers knock off. And the people who like Kane 2, I figured part of it was because he's a heel. You can't turn a murderer face. God drat. Vince would try turning Freddy Kruger face by the third movie,

WWE kind of stumbled into "wrestling The Fiend fucks with your morality" during the Fiend/Bryan feud. The Miz/Bray portion of the feud wasn't great, but I still like that it started because everyone The Fiend fought turned into an immoral rear end in a top hat afterwards and Miz didn't want to see his old rival lose his morals.

Anyway, I could see Face Fiend working in a company that respects it's characters, but I can't imagine WWE not throwing out everything that made people interested in the character in the first place. He already lost a lot of his interesting points while WWE was running him as a consistent heel, and I have to assume WWE will just Diesel him now that they're trying to make you like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

EMF: As a random lurker, I just want to say that you're a cool poster and I hope you're doing alright.

Chris James 2 posted:

* = matches that already happened in the last 7 days
! = matches that already happened this month, but not in the last 7 days

For one brief moment, I thought you were just really excited for the IIconics and Big E.