Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Has Braun even given any kind of recent indication he gives a poo poo about Alexa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Akileese posted:

There was some mild intrigue until I saw the 40,000 camera cuts and completely tuned out. They literally can't help themselves.

Plus the dancers which..... what the gently caress

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Jerusalem's not gonna be around much the next few weeks, so I'm keeping track of the recaps in his place in here and in the OP

Raw Results 8/3:

6 wrestling matches on a 3 hours show

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DogsInSpace! posted:

Yaknow... I'll be shocked if they don't make a blue lives matter group to combat the antifa terrorists. Mustafa and Seth with their bumbling sidekick wannabe Ricochet. Maybe they can team up with the Forgotten Sons to really show those bad hombres.

Ricochet does a flippy move off the top and accidentally takes out an uninvolved wrestler or official, thus the wrestlecops hit an innocent bystander with a careless ricochet

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Vagabundo posted:

So, who's Pat McAfee, and why is he getting a match?

According to a Google search, he was a "punter." Aren't punters the guys who kick and little else?

McAfee got immediately "randomly selected" for a drug test after blowing up a kickoff returner

That kickoff returner was Trindon Holliday though and he's like 5'6 160 lbs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sheamus v Corbin, the battle of the guys Vince thinks you want

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

One of the women had a big mess of curly hair hanging out the back. Vanessa Bourne?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol what did they spray paint that i'm sure was absolutely non-political

Just a bunch of "Jeb!"s

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's funny they have these guys and the parking lot ninjas debuting so close together

Roderick Strong :unsmigghh:

Retribution is going to SHOCK THE SYSTEM

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bray was out there before commercial, Alexa just kind of materialized

Also the way she stopped the mandible claw was by gently caressing his cheek and he got angry and stomped away

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

So in other words Alexa would at some point have to had voluntarily walked out there to be menaced by what they're selling as a supernatural entity of evil who attacked her last week and threatened to hurt her this week. Even if this is some kind of swerve it still makes no drat sense.

With absolutely no explanation or questioning from anyone about why she was out there

At first I thought it was a replay from last week, then I thought I had just missed her being out there before commercial somehow

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

Didn’t the Fiend just teleport Alexa to the ring wince she was wearing the same poo poo as when she was attacked? I mean it’s stupid but not weird to me.

If that were the case then they should have had the lights go down and then come back up and she's in the ring looking confused, not come back from commercial with the screeching noises and her in the middle of the ring

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It was bugging me all night, but I finally figured out who Mandy reminded me of

Sonya from MK Annihilation

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Huntman posted:

Is Otis still money in the bank briefcase™ holder? what's happened with that

He had the briefcase with him when he and Tucker came out to attack Miz and Morrison this last week

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Golden Bee posted:

Lana and Bobby Lashley’s wedding was broken up by a lesbian who never interacted with the bride again.

That's not true. IIRC they had two wrestling matches that Lana won both of while Lashley was winning every match against Rusev on his way out of the company

Then Lashley left his new wife for MVP I guess

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wazzu posted:

Are they actually trying to make Natalya, 38 years old and debuted in 2008, in any way youthful?

It seems more likely that Lana and Natalya will be some weird "trying desperately to still look youthful" group. Less embarrassing than the farting gimmick at least.

38 is millenial

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wazzu posted:

So I watched it, and...... The gently caress even is WWE going for? Just seems like Lana and Natalya trying to do the iconics deal. Don't know where the millenials thing comes into it.

Including that they advertised Mickie was returning, and she only returned for a 20 second interview and got bullied. A return should be a match!

Pretty sure it's an old man's understanding of millenial culture

That's why they were talking about tik tok and hash tags

e:

Tokamak posted:

I think they are getting millennials mixed up with gen z. Millennials are old and uncool now.

also true

Intruder fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Aug 11, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Retribution will demand unionization and make all kinds of ridiculous demands no union would ever ask for while Shane stares at the camera Jim Halpert style

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Someone must have told Shane he was getting made fun of for "That's good that's good!" because I didn't hear him say it this week

Based on his punches, I'm surprised he didn't double down and say it way more often

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

i think Seth was in a serious relationship with someone while sleeping with the nazi, and it was the girlfriend who leaked the pics as opposed to the nazi

Seth was engaged, his fiancee found text messages between him and Zahra as well as nudes that had been exchanged, she tweeted out the chatlogs and nudes on Seth's account, WWE.com had Seth's penis on the front page for like six hours because it automatically aggregates wrestlers' twitter accounts (or did, probably not anymore)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rusev loving rules

e: he may want to rethink that buzzcut, it gives him a pretty male pattern baldness look

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jiro posted:

Please please please please have them reuse those awful crowd assets from the 2K games.

That's pretty much what MLB on Fox did

I kind of wonder if Lana did the sex in the tank post to piss Vince off so she'd be taken off TV for awhile and not have to do that dumbass angle with Nattie

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Would've been better than a giant toy spider

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, at least with the spider only the fans were insulted.

I guess I should just be glad it wasn't Mae Young's hand baby

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

karmicknight posted:

Sports (especially baseball) live in a constant state of terror that one day people will realize they are entirely pointless and sometimes kind of boring and that without packed stands showing you that this could be you enjoying yourself people will stop caring for sport all together and drop it and then sports as a industry will die instantly because :capitalism:

People have been watching athletic competitions for a pretty long time for it to just up and die out of nowhere

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Imagine seeing the stands full at Cleveland Browns home games (pre covid) and thinking sports are going anywhere any time soon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I hope Randy wins and it turns out they killed Edge, Christian, Flair, Big Show and HBK just to get Randy over in 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Thunderdome thing is exactly like what the NBA is doing except the NBA fans are actually invested in what they're seeing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Roman was in all black :tinfoil:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

calling it, roman is the leader of retribution

Intruder posted:

Roman was in all black :tinfoil:

I get the credit if it's right :colbert:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: actually I'll just post an image

e: my bad

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 24, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

JT Smiley posted:

Ok, I thought I was going crazy. I'm not a Roman fan, but I can admit he looked great with the new beard and tan, but man those chompers were bad.

He looked great because he's gotten cut up

The fake tan was awful and very noticeable IMO

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Finally my years of being a contrarian Roman stan are about to pay off

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

xbilkis posted:

What are the odds Roman gets the title at Payback

Like they're not gonna drag it to Mania

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Now that Roman is a Heyman guy is he going to be off TV until the go home for the next PPV

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

If they're goina all in on this Alexa/Bray thing, at least try and salvage the babyface aspect by having her in the Funhouse. You could even revive her NXT fairy princess gear.

I'm honestly surprised they made the right call with Keith Lee, so watch Randy get his win back tomorrow ensuring Keith doesn't get over.

So what, in the Funhouse she's the fairy princess and for Fiend matches she gets her Freddy gear back?

Gaz-L posted:

Have any WWE women ever done the 'use real name because I'M SHOOTING' bit? Just picturing Sasha turning on Bayley and sarcastically calling her Pamela.

Didn't Ronda call Becky Rebecca Quin once? Or was that just on twitter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Brock agrees to sign with AEW on the condition he gets a no DQ match with Mox in which Mox hits him with chairs a bunch of times and Brock no sells it then pins him with a single F5