Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

This is the man who made Trish Stratus bark like a dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

oldpainless posted:

Bring back Pacific Blue

Dear God, no

Bring back the USA express with He-Man reruns

And Wings reruns

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Gavok posted:

In a minute!

Now quote those 1-900 numbers for Santa Claus and Superman they used to advertise

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Red posted:

Now quote those 1-900 numbers for Santa Claus and Superman they used to advertise

Just a few things, what with USA flash backs.

Here's a bizarre EVOLUTION OF AH-NOLD ad they ran yearly for a while: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arFf5DyLIvI

An ad for Raw using the ... dictionary?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWQzmamfHb8

Rhonda Shear spends a long time interviewing people: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4EoUkvxFEs

WWF ALL AMERICAN WRESSSTLINGGGG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9j6AJTB6wo

Red
Apr 15, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

Buying the entire XFL is a lot cheaper than buying an NFL team.

I don't know how the MAGA crowd Vince pitched the XFL to are going to react to a minority buying out their safe place and doing away with all that ridiculous "No kneeling during the anthem" rules is going to go but I'm excited.

Given his mainstream movies/appeal and previous support of Republican candidates, I would think chuds put Rocky into the 'one of the good ones' dogwhistle category.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Isn't this how they've run for the past 15 years?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Lid posted:

i dont think they understand what Unsecured Credit is.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1290307139915747328

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Why are they doing the No Holds Barred movie?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

https://streamable.com/g1gygb

This is so loving embarassing

:psyduck: Wow.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

oldpainless posted:

For a serial killer gimmick to work he needs to kill people tho

It boggles my mind, because it should be the easiest gimmick in the world.

Make him walk slowly wherever he goes.

Have his entrance be just following his opponent to the ring.

Give him matches with jobbers where it's incredibly obvious the jobber "disappeared" from the locker room, and he wins by forfeit.

I know the difficulty is in making this pay off at some point, but they haven't given a poo poo about long term plans since the 80s.

Like, Jesus Christ, just think, WWE writers.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

They won't even commit to the idea that's a serial killer or whatever, he's just a "tortured artist". They're the stupidest loving company because they put all these weird constraints on themselves about the content of the show and then constantly try to do things that don't fit in those rules they made up.

Tortured artist is up there with Lunatic Fringe and Devourer of Worlds or whatever the gently caress. It's a cool sounding buzzword that their fanbase doesn't give a poo poo about.

You don't have to call Lumis anything. Just have prison guards walk him out in a prison jumpsuit, and let the viewer put it together.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

Raw Underground should have been shot on a phone for authenticity and visual contrast

If Kelsey Grammer introduces it, I'll watch*

*no I won't

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Red
Apr 15, 2003

overmind2000 posted:

There's a nonzero chance now that Vince decides shootfighting is the future of the WWE and brings back the actual Brawl 4 All with Shane competing in it

Don't forget that Vince sees positive feedback, and does the wrong thing with it.

We think this simply shows people wanted to see what the buzz was about, and tuned in for the trainwreck.

God only knows what Vince will decide to put on TV in response.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

blunt posted:

Definitely a work.

If it was real, Cole would have been punished for embarrassing the company.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

Steamboat looked great for sure but part of it was the contrast to how loving terrible Snuka and Piper looked

His one on one with Jericho a month later was pretty good, given his age.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Seams posted:

he's only a collingwood fan because the american guy plays for collingwood. it's an unfortunately coincidence. it's like an australian becoming a yankees or patriots fan (i think im right here) because some australian guy plays for them.

I'm okay with people getting into enjoying a new sport/competition because there's something that connects them, even if vague or loose.

Although, I had a roommate years ago who was Australian, and he liked Scott Podsednik simply because he was fast and stole a lot of bases, which he found more interesting than hitting/fielding/pitching.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The first response was hilarious

quote:

That's AWFUL!!! Was hoping you were only temporary...

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The Croc posted:

Kidd's best run was going to be when he got injured him and cesaro were a great team.

But yeah if you look at his career in wwe it was never anything until the cat man thing he began in nxt and then teaming with cesaro.

I love Kidd, but he’s making a comeback to do, what, exactly? Job to Corbin and work B-Shows?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Lesnar and Kofi fought in that Beast in the East special, and Kofi got in more offence when he was at that point still a midcarder.

So yeah I think it was an entirely conscious decision on Vince's part to throw his champ under the bus for the big debut show.

I wonder how many potential viewers that squash destroyed.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Please use her proper name, Sonya Deville's Nazi Ex-Girlfriend.

... excuse me?!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

She dated Sonya after Seth.

They broke up.

I’m sorry, the Nazi thing is new to me.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

Being a Nazi is pretty much the only thing people knew about her.

If it's the same person, the last I read/heard/saw was that she leaked the Seth Rollins dickpic.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Had memorabilia in her bedroom too, defended it as just collecting history

I was going to ask if Rollins knew about the Nazi thing and if he was fine with it, but I probably don't want to know.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

i think Seth was in a serious relationship with someone while sleeping with the nazi, and it was the girlfriend who leaked the pics as opposed to the nazi

I uh

Wow

Red
Apr 15, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

Is that not right?

Your recollection is probably right, but I'm more just... astounded at Seth Rollins' life choices, and the fact that he's probably got a job at the E for life in spite of them.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Golden Bee posted:

Every match that 3MB had was inter-Jinder.

I understand your job being a writer for WWE is very stressful, but please don't test out your material here

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Why does every picture of Shane from the last few years look like he's struggling to hold in a massive poo poo?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Gavok posted:

I think he looks like the "This is fine" dog.

He looks like an overcooked hot dog.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Pylons posted:

People love The Fiend and I do not understand it at all.

I do not blame people at all for seeing something different than the same old poo poo, and wanting more off that new thing, even if it is a dumb new thing.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Speaking of things coming up short, I extended the Untitled Botchamania Project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8xKvmDx9cQ

God drat

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Kennel posted:

How many weeks, until WWE puts her in a kidnapping storyline?

It’s Vince McMahon, king of the carnies.

It’ll be the opening of Raw.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

JUNGLE BOY posted:

He’s probably done with wrestling. He’s done it all and is probably retiring to live in the mountains :)

That's Moxley's video from May 2019; it's not recent.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I was mocking the people from that time who were desperate to believe he wouldn’t leave to go to AEW

I get jokes :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/bradcandoit/status/1299784436737806337

Excuse me, but what the gently caress? I never heard about that.

After reading a summary of the incident and Vince's reaction, Jesus loving Christ, this company.