Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Benne posted:

The New Day act has been stale as gently caress for at least 3 years now so I'd argue that they legit have "nowhere else to go." Big E going singles is the first interesting thing they've done since Kofi's title reign.

I love how you say they have nowhere to go, then immediately mention the place they are going with it.

But they were forced to do it due to injury, like all things WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

bartok posted:

Does USA not have any original programming anymore? I thought Psych, Mr. Robot, and that Purge series were pretty decent. USA should spend that WWE money on finding a new Monk.

Which is why WWE will fail upward with contract renewals since USA needs to keep WWE to remain relevant.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I mean, a google search says he's worth $320 Million, and he put up half the money for the XFL, so $7.5 Million

I'm curious as to what he is going to do with it. There is no way you can make your money back unless you revive it, right?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

1glitch0 posted:

Yeah and maybe I'm missing some context (doubt it), but the question is.... Why is this happening? Within storyline why is this happening? Shane just decided to start a fight club and got WWE cameramen to come to it? Vince or HHH just allows it to happen? Are they happy about it? Angry? Why put it on their show?

I mean there's a kernel of a good idea in almost everything. While this was a dumb idea you could find a way for it to maybe work. Like a bunch of undercard guys get pissed, feel they aren't getting their fair shot, sick of all the rules, and decide to open a fight club to show what they can do. Heel, faces, doesn't matter. Then have them hack the Raw feed to get it to cut to them now and then. This is off the top of my head and is silly, but it's better than the clips I saw. Especially if the production was done different than normal Raw. This even works with the apparent Anti-fascist group. They could have broken into the production track and hacked the feed instead of throwing molotov cocktails at a box. But that would take a plan.

Or just put on a good wrestling show. They could try that too.

Why spend weeks building things up when you can just jump right in?

Not that this thing would be any better if it stretched out for weeks where you see performance center people going into this back room that was guarded by a tall dude, had a week where you had a glimpse inside by accident, and then finally invited the cameras in the third week. But there is no anticipation. They showed what it was and the concept was executed so horribly that I can't see a reason to see what happens next. Okay, so Hurt Company has taken over? So... Lashley and Shelton are just going to destroy jobbers next week? Or is Hurt Company done since they beat up all the jobbers?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I did not watch NXT, but should I be surprised that the opening and closing matches both run 20 minutes and end via interference or distractions?

Only time there is ever a clean finish to a match these days is when the winner is obvious from the start. Why should I tune in for this garbage again?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Lid posted:

Pat Buck is feuding with Nia Jax in a segment that was worse than the fight club segments. This raw should be in a museum.

Who the gently caress is Pat Buck?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Where's the guy that bought WWE Calls before the last earnings call? How's that working out?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So of course another opening match that goes to 8:20pm and ends in a DQ.

gently caress this poo poo.

Edit: which results in Sheamus DQing Corbin, and the Riddle helping Sheamus. Like literally 42 minutes of segments all decided by gently caress finishes.

Edit 2: seriously, the only match that had a clean finish was Cesaro vs. Lince Dorado.

This company only gives clean finishes when the result doesn’t matter

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 8, 2020

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Why do we care about the masked people who’s names we don’t know scaring off the performance center recruits who’s names we do not know?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Chris James 2 posted:

Raw and SD combined had 11 matches

Exactly one on each show got to have a clean finish without interference, distraction, or someone having a heart attack due to a spiked drink

Credit where it's due though, one of those two matches was a women's match, so at least partial progress in terms of equality has been made from WWE a decade ago

This is why I can't stand WWE. The matches are not good because they're just killing time for 15 minutes until someone runs in or the gently caress finish happens. I simply can't get into these matches anymore.

Attitude Era did the same poo poo, but the matches were 3 minutes long and didn't have two commercial breaks. It was forgivable.

This is just annoying with the constant gently caress finishes

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Summerslam looks dire...

The only match I'd care to see (Banks/Asuka) I am sure they are going to end it with fuckery like the last 2 matches

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Intruder posted:

Someone must have told Shane he was getting made fun of for "That's good that's good!" because I didn't hear him say it this week

Based on his punches, I'm surprised he didn't double down and say it way more often

This weeks raw was taped last week, so they would have had to edit out his live mic, all in a response to internet trolls. Highly unlikely

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

1glitch0 posted:

I was at that show. I think it's the worst match I've ever seen live.

Is that one of those things where you realize how bad it was as it was happening?

At least you got to see Goldberg/DDP without spoilers and feeds cutting out.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I am sure the virtual fans will look great with all the whip pans and zooms with WWE's camera work

https://twitter.com/FOXSports/status/1286281346390740993

If they don't put a guy front and center with a green shirt, I'll be disappointed

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Reading the news about WWE leasing out the Amway Center for virtual fans, and adding 2,500 square feet of LED boards... we're not that far away from the show looking like WWE2K20's Wrestlemania 2029 arena with LED barricades and virtual fans

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
https://twitter.com/Steve1oftheMany/status/1294427163333201927

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So they did the same thing Monday as well, where they led up to the big moment to end the show and then cut the light? Like, JFC... it's like someone got this great idea to do this so they had to do it again.

CarlCX posted:

Bayley, Sasha and Asuka all rule, and whatever they do will rule, but it was already a salient point that the WWE had put every single women's championship on the main roster into the Bayley/Sasha angle and wrapping both of them up with a single challenger only makes that feel worse.

I was halfway through typing "I'm assuming Sasha will help Bayley retain her title and then Asuka will win Sasha's belt when Bayley doesn't return the favor" before I remembered there's another pay-per-view a loving week after Summerslam so it's just safer to assume nothing will happen.

It is the only good thing Raw/SD has going for it is the title feud. But it kind of sucks when you realize that WWE in almost incompetent of writing women's feuds around things other than the title, so 3 belts for 8 people is boiled down to just 3.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I was wondering what NXT is looking like next week since its' unopposed to AEW

Second Chance Qualifying Match: Johnny Gargano vs. Ridge Holland
Second Chance Qualifying Match: The Velveteen Dream vs. Finn Balor
Six-man Tag-Team Match: Santos Escobar , Raul Mendoza, Joaquin Wilde) Vs. Isaiah "Swerve" Scott and Breezango's Tyler Breeze and Fandango
Adam Cole and Pat McAfee will go Face-to-Face

Nothing about that makes me want to turn in. Who the hell is Ridge Holland?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Are Roman and Sami the only ones deciding to sit out right now? I assume some talent have travel restrictions

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Edge & Christian posted:

I looked it up and here's a complete list of everyone listed on the Raw & Smackdown talent pages on WWE.com who haven't been on TV in at least a month:

Good summary. Yeah, I think Roman and Sami are the only ones willingly sitting out. I think Carmella may be in Retribution or a 'creative has nothing for you' place.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Codependent Poster posted:

Sasha and Bayley seem like they're having the time of their lives right now. They were unhappy not too long ago. So I guess that shows that if WWE actually lets you have input that you'll be happy.

They gave two friends the two main titles and the tag titles, TV time across Raw, Smackdown and sometimes NXT, working less dates with no house shows and TV tapings, both working a program with the only other women on the main roster that can go... yeah, they're probably peaking right now.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rick posted:

E: honestly all irony aside Raw Underground is a welcome break from the rest of the show. Like okay these people are gonna have a bad worked fight for 30 seconds. It’s simple.

I think it serves its purpose of getting to the point of a segment much quicker by not having an actual match.

Like the Nia thing... okay, so if it was in the ring, one of the MMA horsewomen would have a match, entrance and all, beat up some jobber for about 7 minutes. Then Nia would come out and attack her after the match, then Shayna would come out. It's like a 10-12 minute segment condensed on Raw Underground in about 2 minutes. The Dolph/Viking Raider thing, that would have easily been a 15-20 minute match with 1 or 2 commercial breaks, just to get to the loving point of setting up a match for next week against the other dude.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So can you actually sign up for the Thunderdome thing or no?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RealFoxy posted:

I've read everything they've released on it and I still don't loving know what it is, so I'm guessing they don't either.

Earlier today this was not up. Now it says they are allowing registrations. Once you register and give them your information it says registration is closed.

https://www.wwethunderdome.com/

Which is why you always use your junk mail yahoo address for this poo poo and a fake name.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rarity posted:

WWE have set down the following rules for the Virtual Fan Experience

but can I wear my Nation of Domination or Retribution attire?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Some footage of the THUNDERDOME being installed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPH-gVzZH_w&t=4s

To no surprise, it's the exact same main stage used for all shows. Just surrounded by LED

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Seams posted:

I’d imagine most trainees would be happy to help break down the ring after practice if you asked them (most people like to be helpful!) but it’s important to have all these silly unwritten rules just in case anybody feels comfortable at any point in time.

Imagine being an actor, getting signed to a major TV show with nationwide syndication, and then you're expected to start breaking down the set when you're done filming for the day.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Davros1 posted:

The fact that's it's just a big flat wall is what gets me. Stagger them like normal arena seating.

It kind of looks cool from a wide angle where you can see the screens staggered.

But the main shot just makes it look like a horrible wall of screens. I can't believe they are locked into this concept for 3 months!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I don't know why people think there will be a 5 second delay. I can stream video to clients out of Adobe Premiere and have it be within 2 frames

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Pylons posted:

You've probably got good internet for that though, right? Half of this crowd is gonna be phones and laptops.

You can transmit anything in high quality near instantaneously if you're willing to pay for the fiber access to distribute it. That's on WWE's end

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
It's not every seat in the arena, it's like a quarter of the lower bowl

I am surprised they won't have the trainees in the front row surrounding the ring....

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Pylons posted:

Part of the point of moving to the THUNDERDOME is that the coaches were getting pissed off that the trainees weren't training anymore but still getting paid.

So the coaches were pissed that they were getting paid and not training people?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rarity posted:

It's too much

They actually went with the LED ring barriers used in the 2K20 Wrestlemania 2029 concept

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

explosivo posted:

You can't put that genie back in the bottle, I don't see them ever treating NXT as a proper developmental program again now that it's on TV and generating even a fraction of viewers as their main shows do.

I don't even know what the gently caress proper developmental is. Since they went to two hours, it's like half nobodies I do not care about mixed with some people I still care to see. It would be just like splitting the NXT show in half, and then putting the nobodies on the Network only or soemthing. WWE has this loyal fan base that will apparently watch anything they put in front of them

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNUZ_wBRR-k

I mean, this gives me no incentive to tune into Smackdown now. THanks

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
What the hell is the point of booking hair vs hair if they changed it to career vs career, which just makes me think there will be some fuckery to end the match.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Hirez posted:

all ratings are dinosaur data by advertising companies to keep their profits going and keeping commercial rates up/down for their clients in their never ending cycle of profit.

I'm sure they're "accurate" to a degree but it's a different world now - anyone who's cut the cord isn't counted, anyone who streams/iptv's, torrents, group watches - will not be counted accurately or at all no matter how much Nielsen will tell you they do. My parents switched to IPtv after Rogers cut them off their loyalty program after 25 years as subscribers (what... lol? stupid loving Rogers) and raised their bill +$60/mo. and they are OLDS, I didn't talk to them at all about it, they did it themselves and they're almost 70. Half my old co-workers basically used IPTV, and spread it to their families/friends/etc, IPtv spreads once people realize how cheap/easy/what you get vs Rogers/Bell duopoly here in :canada:

Whenever I've streamed AEW PPV's in the past , they would have 2000+ viewers in multiple channels, while at the same time, I can't remember ever seeing a WWE PPV get more than a 1000 (and this is just 1 site; The ones I've used for for like Mayweather fights had 10,000+). Same with torrent stats day after NXT/Dyanmite; AEW will have thousands more downloads than NXT.

I'm also 100% postive all the olds watching Raw fell asleep 3 1/2 hours previously during whatever olds cop show was on before raw and left the tv on

e: if this counts as a :filez:, I'll take the probe, but seriously, cut the cord everyone, and pay for Fite.tv with a proxy (ez-mode - $5/mo) for AEW

It really doesn't matter how many people watch your show illegally if you are not paying for PPV or watching commercials. Why would Nielson care if you are pirating the show if you are watching it without the commercials? Ratings may be a bit antiquated, but the whole business model is to track how many people are watching live commercials to sell commercials in those time slots.

Yeah, there is the hope that some of those viewers convert to paying customers, but you can't exactly buy a ticket to a live show right now. Maybe those people are buying merch and video games, but unlikely.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Well that was one of the worst Takeovers I've ever seen. Worse than IYH (which had two great women's matches). And you know what, part of it is probably because I don't watch the main show, but I rarely watched NXT weekly TV for the first 20 or so Takeovers, and pretty much enjoyed them all.

Balor/Thatcher... where the gently caress did this match come from? It doesn't matter how good the match is, I just don't care for the feud. What is the story? What is motivating either guy to win? Balor gets another win and remains in NXT purgatory.

Ladder Match.... I am just getting so tired of these multiman ladder matches. There is no story, there are just spots until a random guy wins the match. So Damian Priest wins, you know, the guy that Balor beat at Takeover IYH last month. These matches do nothing for me, and I honestly would be happy if I never saw another multiman ladder match for at least another 5 years.

Cole/McAfee... I heard that this match was praised so I honestly went into the match with high expectations. It was average at best, which it had no right to be, but the only impressive thing was that McAfee did some flippy poo poo out of nowhere which he had no right to be doing. He did more flips than Gran Metalik did against AJ Styles the other week. Christ.

Sharai/Kai.... was the only match worth watching of the night. Loved the story, love Io, actually felt like Kai could have won the match at a few points. Gave the women plenty of time, and was refreshing to see the women go a while without two commercial breaks. But of course, the champion gets upstaged by Rhea Ripley, dressed like she just got off the set of True Blood as a vampire extra.

Lee/Kross... WTF was that. I have never been so bored with a Keith Lee match in my life. So Lee gave up the NA title title, had one defense against Dijakovic, loses to Kross in his second real match on the roster that is not a squash match. And now Kross apparently is injured? Good lord. Kross is all presentation, and now he's the champ at the expense of making Lee look like a chump.

Like I said, worst Takeover ever.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Of all the lovely things WWE does, I can't blame them for giving directions to the fans for this type of thing, because otherwise you may as well put still photos up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Taintrunner posted:

God, imagine doing free labor for the WWE

It's only a matter of time before they start charging fans for premium placement in the Thunderdome.

I don't know... I watched Summer Slam and the Thunderdome presentation was immediately better than anything they did out of the performance center, regardless of what people are doing on the screen. If they want people to remind people to clap and move, whatever, that's on them for signing up for that bullshit where they are encouraged to sit perfectly still in a silhouette on their webcam.