Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Maigius posted:

Stupid thought, but if Punk rear end Vid was taken down for some reason, what would it mean? Punk's returning to being an active wrestler? The apocalypse is happening?

Yeah, the rear end vid is now effectively a contract canary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

I never watched it personally but wasn't it a show based loosely off 4chan's anonymous

Mr Robot was a drama about mental illness with some hacking thrown in.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I think he'll be fine...

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Hoping HHH gets jealous and revives Slamball

E; wait, new faction wanting to shake things up and "get management's attention". Shane's returning tonight. Oh god ... McMahon Vs McMahon part 50?

blunt fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 3, 2020

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Lid posted:

oh god its the loving undisputed era isnt it

Can't be, you must be [this tall] to take over Raw.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

yea ok posted:

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1290410556864770061

if this is true i'd like to ask for my royal rumble toxx (if i watch wwe i am banned) to be rescinded because this company does not resemble the one from january in any way. and i would like to see this

Holy Moly, I thought they were "bring Undertaker back" desperate, not "compete with UFC" desperate.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Can't wait for Seth to lose in the first round to Fandango.

MJeff posted:

Look, if this is some bullshit they're leaking out to get people to watch RAW then bravo Vince, cause it fuckin' worked, I'll be there at 8 PM with bells on.

The honorable thing to do is watch/do anything else for 3 hours, then catch the 4 minutes that matter immediately afterwards on Youtube.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Pretty bold of WWE to rename the third hour of Raw after their ratings.

How have they got to the point where they're trying Shane McMahon's Stripper Fight Club *before* trying really basic things like 'use a director who isn't having a fit' and 'dont antagonise the values of the 18-34 demo you're desperately trying to build'? :psyduck:

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I was about to make a post asking if there was any reason not to just replace the third hour of Raw with a repeat of a WWE Network doc, but then I remembered more people subscribe to the network than watch Raw.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

Like a bunch of undercard guys get pissed, feel they aren't getting their fair shot, sick of all the rules, and decide to open a fight club to show what they can do. Heel, faces, doesn't matter. Then have them hack the Raw feed to get it to cut to them now and then.

Nah, for that to work they would need to spend months establishing that a disgruntled midcarder is able to hack into shows at will!

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

So it wasn't a work? Cole's just a tool?

Definitely a work.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Who was that clown guy? Donk? Donk The Clown.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Lmao.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

cunny mcalister posted:

Bitch more about a US based company using people that are known in the US.

To be fair, with Raw doing 1.6mil and NXT 700k in the US, WWE's international audience has gotta be at least a magnitude bigger than their US one at this point.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Sono posted:

What about the 1 billion network subscribers in India? That happened, right?

Is that something they claimed? Yikes!

Anyway, 2.8 million watched Crown Jewel 2019 on Pay TV in India. More people are paying to watch WWE in India than watch it for free in America.

The US ain't the center of the world and nobody knows who the gently caress Pat MacAffe is.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Even if we ignore the hosed up notion of 'paying your dues' in 2020 by having the poo poo beaten out of you with a kendo stick, the fact that they'd do that whole angle with no audience is loving ridiculous.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I got curious about the age boundaries and just found out the oldest zoomers/gen z/digital native kids are now 25 😮

God I feel old.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

It's even more depressing in retrospect when one of the highlights of that stretch was Jimmy Havok 😔

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/btsportwwe/status/1294289975446568967

I'm laughing at you Seth.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

BrigadierSensible posted:

I don't want to defend Seth too much, coz most of the attacks on him are true. (He thinks he is cooler than he is, he is insecure, he is doubling down instead of just shutting up etc.)

But what else is he going to say? He is a big enough Superstar(tm) that Vince and the higher ups take notice of him. So when asked a question, he has to tow the company line, in fact I'd argue if he doesn't tow the company line enough, because he is big/famous/high on the card enough to be noticed, he would get punished way worse than others for lesser "slights".

True, he could do what otehrs at his level do, and say nothing, (I don't remember Roman sticking his foot as deep in his own mouth as Seth is currently doing during his megapush). Or instead give bland, diplomatic answers instead of the full blown bootlicking, "it's the fans who are wrong", stuff he is spouting. But that goes back to his very human personality flaws.

So yeah, he is being an insufferable bootlicker, but remember hit's not entirely his fault. Look at the insane old man who holds the purse strings over him and his soon to be newborn forcing him to lick the boot.

Maybe he should stop blaming the fans, unprompted, when the company wants to draw more fans?

edit:

https://twitter.com/VinceMcMahon/status/1294280122808270848

https://twitter.com/vincemcmahon/status/953003137069125633

blunt fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 15, 2020

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

They hired TNA's Kane to implement AEW's rankings?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Why is Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt" so appealing to morons like Braun

I'm gonna guess there's at least a 50% chance he doesn't know it's a cover.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Kennel posted:

How many weeks, until WWE puts her in a kidnapping storyline?

Ninjas or ANTIFA?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Oh man, if Raw tonight is the final show in the PC I can't wait to watch some really overexcited antifa cosplayers destroy the arena while Cole asks what this is all about and runs away.

... on YouTube tomorrow.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Can’t wait for two months now to find out wwe’s new excuse why ratings are still garbage

Lack of virtual fan screens due to relentless goatse-ing

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Dunn on the Thunderdome:

quote:

When people think of WWE, most think of the spectacle that we are, but it was just impossible to put on a spectacle in the Performance Center. Moving to Amway, and unveiling the ThunderDome, the opportunities are limitless.

We can now do things production-wise that we could never otherwise do. We’re flying drones in the arena, we are putting a roof inside the Amway Center, and we’ll be able to project content onto the roof. So when a big star like Drew McIntyre comes down to the ring, the whole arena will turn into his content with lasers, pyro, smoke, projections on the top of the building and on the floor. It will be a big, beautiful entrance, better than WrestleMania.

Like the NBA, we’re doing virtual fans, but we’re also creating an arena-type atmosphere. We won’t have a flat board, we’ll have rows and rows and rows of fans. We’ll have almost 1,000 LED boards, and it will recreate the arena experience you’re used to seeing with WWE. The atmosphere will be night and day from the Performance Center. This is going to let us have a WrestleMania-level production value, and that’s what our audience expects from us. We are also going to put arena audio into the broadcast, similar to baseball, but our audio will be mixed with the virtual fans. So when fans start chants, we’ll hear them. We start on Friday on SmackDown, and it will be a learning experience. We have two days of testing, and we’re going to practice like hell, then we’re off to the races. We may have fans for certain entrances, standing up and cheering for the typical babyfaces. But someone like Bray Wyatt, who is so character-driven, the entire Amway Arena will be one big Fiend-dom. That’s our opportunity to be different from sports, where we can present these larger-than-life characters uniquely. This will be great for people watching at home across the globe, as well as the ones participating.

So are we gonna register and start some Rusev Day chants, or?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Unironically want a 'legends' section that just loops rotoscoped videos of 80s wrestlers from Mean Gene interviews.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/BeltFanDan/status/1295690653687586818

MOAR BELTS.

Maybe just make the 24/7 champion defend it in the underground? (is that an expression?)

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

What happens if you break the rules?

What happens if the majority of the virtual fans all break the rules in the first five minutes of the show?

Hypothetically, y'know.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

I think there might be some benefit as a wrestler to do it when you're learning. You're working in it, so it's probably worth knowing how it's put together and taken apart. Like you shouldn't have to do it all the time, but I can see it being useful to do when you're starting out.

Much like how Amazon expects its delivery drivers to perform maintenance on their vans.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Lol, NXT unopposed did 853k

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

I was gonna say, they have a pedophile on NXT and a rapist on Smackdown, both competing for the respective midcard belts iirc. What does RAW have to offer in that regard?

A guy who fucks nazis.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1296575091333935104

It's certainly a look

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1296575846703083528

Where are the drones Kevin?!

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Davros1 posted:

The fact that's it's just a big flat wall is what gets me. Stagger them like normal arena seating.

They are staggered, it just looks bad!

e; on video. Maybe it looks great in person?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Does this mean the perspex pounders are gone?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I was gonna finish it but I started losing the will to live.

blunt fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 21, 2020

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I don’t know much about streaming video, but how is streaming a video recording of multiple screens more bandwidth intense than video of a normal audience?

It's not. The bitrate of the stream will be fixed so adding all this non-contiguous detail to the background will just make it blockier than normal.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

It's a shame they no longer have the Smackdown hacker now that they've installed approx 1 million screens.

Fully expecting the fiend to pop up in one though. Bonus points if he murders a plant like a bad horror film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah but they'll all be dirty tube tv's and CRT monitors from the 90's

They should unironically do this. Repurpose the old In Your House entrance screen.