Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sydin posted:

The Rangers not selling high on Lynn is loving nuts. Don't both the Dodgers and the Yanks need SP right now?

Considering they should have learned from Mike Minor ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Rangers y'all are big dumb idiots to not sell on Lynn.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah I don’t understand how they didn’t get rid of Lance Lynn
I'm guessing a classic "the Dodgers want our hot trade chip so we're going to demand their top prospect even though it's a 2 month rental of a 33 year old"

Sydin posted:

The Rangers not selling high on Lynn is loving nuts. Don't both the Dodgers and the Yanks need SP right now?
The Dodgers could use another good pitcher but also it is not clear how big an upgrade Lynn would really be, so I'm sure Friedman was not willing to part with big pieces for him.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's not even a rental! He's signed through 2021!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I think Theo likes to make trades for the sake of making them.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Sydin posted:

Twins need pitching too, but we already had a ride on the Lance Lynn and it wasn't as exciting as we had been told. (Arguably same for the Yankees, tbh.)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Kirios posted:

It's not even a rental! He's signed through 2021!
ah my bad, it is slightly less dumb then (though surely his value is unlikely to ever be any higher than it is right now)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kirios posted:

Rangers y'all are big dumb idiots to not sell on Lynn.

Understatement of the year.

Jesus this has to be the end of our GM. It has to be. Please someone make it happen.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

I think Theo likes to make trades for the sake of making them.

I can squint and see what he's trying to do with everybody but Osich. That guy just flat out sucks, there's zero upside to be had, and putting him in the pen just makes it worse, were that somehow possible. If you so badly need another lefty to take a gamble on then call up Hultzen or Steele or Marquez. Don't go pick up a guy who's got four seasons under his belt proving he is absolutely worthless.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cubs have no farm system and ownership is treating luxury tax like a hard cap, all they can do is to find these marginal guys and hope to catch lightning in a bottle. I will always be fond of the one time that worked with Jesse Chavez.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Again it seems like the Braves could’ve gotten something done for Lynn if that actually wanted to take a shot at things this year, all these pitching prospects are just depreciating with every season that goes by.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hey now it also worked with Castellanos

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Brian Goodwin had a decent run with the Angels all things considered. Wish they could have gotten something for Simmons since it's probably unlikely the Angels re-sign him.

I'm a little surprised they didn't trade Dylan Bundy because the Angels trading their best pitcher would have been on brand for 2020.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I'm not convinced Packy is a real name.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

i've found the most galaxy brain take on this deadline, gird your loins

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1300525866838089734

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Honestly Shinobi I think your GM thinks you guys can compete in 2021. I'm...not so sure about that. The Astros will still be great then (after 2021 entirely depends if they can extend everyone) and the Athletics will be just as good if not better.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nice contract for the Phillies if he is any good

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kirios posted:

Honestly Shinobi I think your GM thinks you guys can compete in 2021. I'm...not so sure about that. The Astros will still be great then (after 2021 entirely depends if they can extend everyone) and the Athletics will be just as good if not better.

Our GM hasn't landed a good deal in like 10 years, our farm system sucks, our scouts are garbage and we can't even draft. This isn't knee jerking fan poo poo, this is all fact. We are anchored by giant contracts to Rougned Odor who is dead in the water and hasn't done a thing since he punched Jose Bautista, and Elvis Andrus who has fallen off the face of the earth since Adrian Beltre left.

This team sucks major rear end, and given the expectations for this garbage season was "we've got a solid starting rotation that might sneak us into wildcard discussion," and we couldn't even do that. Like seriously, burn all this poo poo down. Kluber pitched a half inning, Minor was sent off a year too late, and Lance Lynn is a shining golden pig covered in pig poo poo.

gently caress the Rangers. I hope the stadium stays empty.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dodgers made a move after all

https://twitter.com/pedromoura/status/1300539141579448320

https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/1300538876742647809

Poor Ross has been frustrated going back and forth in/out of the rotation so hopefully he gets some stability in Toronto Buffalo

But this should solidify Tony Gonsolin's spot in the rotation

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 31, 2020

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Everyone trading with the Jays and Padres, huh.

Also, happy 14 years to the greatest TOOTBLAN:

https://twitter.com/ChiSportsDay/status/1297925808728801280

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I was thinking "Eh I'm sure it's happened to slow guys befo- oh LEFT field :stare: "

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

elentar posted:

Again it seems like the Braves could’ve gotten something done for Lynn if that actually wanted to take a shot at things this year, all these pitching prospects are just depreciating with every season that goes by.

Loved AA casually dropping that Folty's been bulking up and his velocity's up to 94 in a weak attempt to soften the blow. made me chuckle.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

seiferguy posted:

Everyone trading with the Jays and Padres, huh.

Also, happy 14 years to the greatest TOOTBLAN:

https://twitter.com/ChiSportsDay/status/1297925808728801280

Haha, I've never seen this before. I love the way the cameraman loses track of the ball because he was expecting a throw to second, like usual.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Double post but it also rules that the Braves value Waters and Pache so much they're still starting Ender over both of them. Love it. Go Braves

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
So, the Orioles, currently on the final game of road trip in Buffalo, traded Miguel Castro to the Mets for minor league LHP Kevin Smith.

You want to talk about an awkward flight for Castro? The Orioles are home tomorrow night against the Mets. Does he even travel with the team back? Or does he have to go to the Mets and fly with them to Baltimore?

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Loved AA casually dropping that Folty's been bulking up and his velocity's up to 94 in a weak attempt to soften the blow. made me chuckle.

Yup Folty will make it back by the end of the season, pitch one game and get busted for PED's. Sounds like a plan.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

I knew Strip wasn't great this year but I thought he'd still get more than to PTBNLs. Hopefully he can shine more there

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/Angels/status/1300532424850300929

... why?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
How the gently caress is this lineup 24-11?

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

The White Sox didn't do anything, but I'm definitely good with it. The everyday is set with guys here now, guys here within 2 years, or guys a decision needs to be made on; depth is good, bullpen and closer are good. I guess they could have done something for a 4 or 5, but I don't think that makes a difference this year (at least).

E: I know Gold Glove is over rated, but was there really no one that could use a 2020 Yolmer Sanchez on their roster? The Sox signed him yesterday to the team and I don't think he was injured or anything.

Dog Faced JoJo fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 1, 2020

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I say the white Sox should be 100% Cuban. If they hit this they get an extra 1 run a game

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Is Cole loving kidding? He's gonna give up 30 homers...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/Padres/status/1300538049848205312

Jerry just can't help himself lol

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

euphronius posted:

I say the white Sox should be 100% Cuban. If they hit this they get an extra 1 run a game

Add the DR so they can keep Eloy, and I will 100% trade Cease for Jose Contreras and Mazara for the ghost of Minnie Minoso.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Red posted:

... why?

I think it makes sense. Trout and Adell are locked into CF/RF so he was mostly going to platoon LF with Upton. They've got a few different guys they can throw out there to finish this season and some of next until they call up Brandon Marsh.

The idea of trading a dude that's been solid and still has 2 Arb years left stings a little but the Angels need pitching so drat bad that I can't really complain when they get two in return if the PTBNL ends up being a pitcher like the beat writers seem to think.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Atkins and Shapiro making moves I like is weird as hell.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man Striping's been trash this year but his velo looks fine, I wonder what's up.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

12 homers in 41 innings... 30 million a year doesn't buy what it used to!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yeah, the guy whose success depends on him recapturing his 97+ velo getting all the way up to 94, great job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Johnny Bravo posted:

I think it makes sense. Trout and Adell are locked into CF/RF so he was mostly going to platoon LF with Upton.
...is he still? Adell is having a very rough year, though it'd be great if he could turn it around.