Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Baseball rules because dumb obscure records never stop being broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao i love baseball look at this guy

drat good on Tim Kalpakis for making the big leagues

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1291924035782287363?s=20

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Holy gently caress I have missed seeing Mike Trout dingers

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

for some reason tonight i am thinking about K-Rod

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

R.D. Mangles posted:

"Hola, amigos. What up? I know it's been a long time since I rapped at ya, but things got crazy, if you know what I mean. I guess there's this insane bug everybody's catchin', and things have got so loco they're letting me pitch for a real baseball team."

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

R.D. Mangles posted:

Oh wow, I didn't even know dan vogebach and willians astudillo were expecting

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bregor posted:

"Hola, amigos. What up? I know it's been a long time since I rapped at ya, but things got crazy, if you know what I mean. I guess there's this insane bug everybody's catchin', and things have got so loco they're letting me pitch for a real baseball team."

lol

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

It's funny, the best organists belong to the most hateable teams (Atlanta & Boston).

This was the best moment of the game last night :lol:

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

YeahTubaMike posted:

It's funny, the best organists belong to the most hateable teams (Atlanta & Boston).

It’s a show of respect from one public organist to another.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

This guy hit 2 home runs and robed a homer on defense last night, but Boston media kept asking him about Mookie anyway

https://twitter.com/bradfo/status/1291971081088258048

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

:(

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

bawfuls posted:

This guy hit 2 home runs and robed a homer on defense last night, but Boston media kept asking him about Mookie anyway

https://twitter.com/bradfo/status/1291971081088258048

"he decided to go elsewhere"
I'm pretty sure he was traded.

But that question was pretty awful. "why didn't that seem to have affected you at all?"
Like what? As if he's supposed to be a shriveling puddle of a human being because he's playing the same position that someone else used to play?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WienerDog posted:

"he decided to go elsewhere"
I'm pretty sure he was traded.

He told the Sox he wasn't going to re-sign IIRC

But the Sox were never going to pay him what he was worth anyway

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

He told the Sox he wasn't going to re-sign IIRC

But the Sox were never going to pay him what he was worth anyway

He turned down their below-market extension offer, so yeah, the second part was proven while also letting them try to sell the first one as to why they "needed" to trade him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's really funny how fast the pendulum swung back and forth between the Sox got hosed to the Dodgers got hosed back to the Sox got hosed, especially with the Sox deciding they didn't want Graterol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
What a garbage AB by Sanchez. Jesus Christ.

MerklesBoner
Apr 5, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

The Dodgers’ organist is the best I’ve heard, so :hmmyes:
I’m just waiting to hear the long-rear end “Light My Fire” organ solo played during a drawn-out replay review. Please tell me this has happened, in LA or anywhere really.

(I don’t honestly think the Dodgers objectively rank among the most hateable teams, but they are to me!)

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

My man looking like he should be whispering in old man Theodin's ear.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/markasaxon/status/1292181152548225029

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

My man looking like he should be whispering in old man Theodin's ear.

lmao

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

It's gonna be impossible for St. Louis to even finish 60 games.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Somehow the Cardinals are the team that’s managed this the worst

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its funny that this is obviously going to go one of two ways. Either this season gets like 40-50 Gs deep when suddenly they're like "oh, this didn't work." Or more likely they just force it through and we end up with a complete mess of teams playing completely different seasons and uneven schedules.

And one fanbase insisting it was all good. And no one knows who that is. It could be me. It could be you. We have no way of knowing!

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Popete posted:

It's gonna be impossible for St. Louis to even finish 60 games.

I’d be shocked if a majority of teams end up playing 60. MLB was sending out fan surveys this spring asking how many games you thought would be a “legitimate” season but ultimately nobody at MLB cares about these 60, they just want that sweet sweet postseason TV money.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

you all should be grateful that the st. louis cardinals are bravely sacrificing their health to stop me from cubsposting all weekend

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

we all know the baseball season has been a shame and an utter catastrophe, but i am strong enough to admit the neck gaiter is an incredible baseball look, one they should keep if we ever go back to not having to wear masks all the time, just imagine a guy flying around third with a stylish neckerchief flowing in the breeze.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

STAC Goat posted:

And one fanbase insisting it was all good. And no one knows who that is. It could be me. It could be you.

So far the Twins haven't had anyone new pop up with a positive test since the post-preseason preseason.

So I'm sure we're due for it to show up again, since we played the Cards... *checks notes* twelve days ago.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

R.D. Mangles posted:

we all know the baseball season has been a shame and an utter catastrophe, but i am strong enough to admit the neck gaiter is an incredible baseball look, one they should keep if we ever go back to not having to wear masks all the time, just imagine a guy flying around third with a stylish neckerchief flowing in the breeze.

Yankee players have been sporting them for a few seasons now in the cold months and I'm a big fan. You're all just pandemic come latelies.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Intruder posted:

It's really funny how fast the pendulum swung back and forth between the Sox got hosed to the Dodgers got hosed back to the Sox got hosed, especially with the Sox deciding they didn't want Graterol

Missing graterol doesn’t bother me much but otherwise you’re absolutely right, I’ve completely changed my mind on this deal 3 or 4 times now (it currently blows and barring Mookie becoming the next Grady Sizemore it’s gonna stay that way)

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

R.D. Mangles posted:

you all should be grateful that the st. louis cardinals are bravely sacrificing their health to stop me from cubsposting all weekend

This was a pretty fun season for the Cards. I don't remember a whole lot about it, but I did watch I think 5 games. Not totally sure if I did what day it is. Plenty baseball. We probably did. Anyway see you guys next year. I don't remember a whole lot about it, but I did watch I think 5 games.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

NiceGuy posted:

Missing graterol doesn’t bother me much but otherwise you’re absolutely right, I’ve completely changed my mind on this deal 3 or 4 times now (it currently blows and barring Mookie becoming the next Grady Sizemore it’s gonna stay that way)

The Dodgers getting a "Mookie's Pookies" fan club in the right field bleachers would be rad once baseball is back in 2022.

Good Dog fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 8, 2020

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/ConradCosby03/status/1292222556498300930

https://twitter.com/JustinAaronUH91/status/1292222554338471943

:ohdear:

Seriously hope he's okay.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Giancarlo Stanton is hurt. Water remains wet.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Evans has been hitting the ball really well believe it or not. Feel bad for the guy on that level on top of the obvious concern for his health...finally get a chance at some regular playing time with things looking up and then you’re in the hospital. Brutal

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Huascar Ynoa "starting" tomorrow's Game 1 for Atlanta, which is certainly a choice that was available to them...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Huascar Ynoa "starting" tomorrow's Game 1 for Atlanta, which is certainly a choice that was available to them...
With all of those pitchers they have they had to put that guy on the mound? They still have a million guys they could throw out there.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Yeah it seems like this is an "opener" experiment but idk if Bryse Wilson is unavailable for some reason or what cause he's the obvious next guy up

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/dbacks/status/1292291487191900160?s=21

Marte had a crushingly tragic offseason with his wife’s unexpected death, and he considered retiring. Glad to see him excelling in AZ and it seems like their fans are really happy to have him on the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

GalacticAcid posted:

https://twitter.com/dbacks/status/1292291487191900160?s=21

Marte had a crushingly tragic offseason with his wife’s unexpected death, and he considered retiring. Glad to see him excelling in AZ and it seems like their fans are really happy to have him on the team.

jfc I totally forgot about that. This year is a hell hole.