Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

IcePhoenix posted:

give me some ideas for the OP my effort level right now is at "MLB trying to prevent the spread of a deadly virus"

e:

https://twitter.com/theaceofspaeder/status/1289358618932817921

Now I'm not going to start a fight or anything, but it seems to me that Max Kepler, at least offensively, is as good as, and maybe even better than, Aaron "Very Tall Person" Judge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

God drat I love obscure stats.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Here's the thing: acknowledging that Yo "acted unprofessionally" and being pissed off about it are two wholly different things. I, for one, wish the entire team and indeed entire labor force would just gently caress off entirely because there's several thousand people they're putting at risk because ownership wants to make a few extra bucks in a year where the entire entertainment industry is hosed. I don't just mean players, either. I mean baseball staff, bus drivers, pilots, hotel staff, etc.

There shouldn't have been a season, because there's no way MLB could ensure the safety of *anyone* with the country in the shambles it's in. So yeah, Cespedes "acted unprofessionally." (According to literally one source, which is management.) Good. gently caress ownership. gently caress Mets ownership especially, considering they are a medical black hole.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Twins/Pirates currently suspended due to a drone over the outfield. Not a cheap one, either.

Dick Bremer's first comment: "And Trever Bauer is a thousand miles away!"

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I thoroughly enjoy watching a game of based balls no matter who is playing,* and having been a Twins fan since the age of 5 in approximately October of 1987, I'm used to having little or nothing to actually look forward to on the whole. So narrative-wise I don't really care. I just enjoy watching the game. I don't think the season should have happened, but it did, and so now I'm watching it.

*This is actually true for a lot of sports. Soccer/football, American football, basketball, tennis, auto racing, even golf now and then. poo poo, when I had cable I even caught some cricket just because it was on. I dunno why. I just appreciate people doing things well, I guess. And even bad baseball is better than none.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Spoeank posted:

Cmon I ended up paying 40 goddamn dollars for that thing :argh:

If you really want to go all in on it, give it to me after bawfuls is done with it, because it's loving hilarious and I'm finally tired of looking a chubby minors fan avoiding a bat.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

STAC Goat posted:

And one fanbase insisting it was all good. And no one knows who that is. It could be me. It could be you.

So far the Twins haven't had anyone new pop up with a positive test since the post-preseason preseason.

So I'm sure we're due for it to show up again, since we played the Cards... *checks notes* twelve days ago.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I knew the Laureano kid had a future in front of him.

Gonna put him up next to Joe Kelly on my Wall Of Stop Being Whiny Pissbabies, Astros heroes.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

This isn't making the point you're thinking it's making.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

OxySnake posted:

Dick Bremer who is usually very measured and reserved going off as much as he does is pretty wonderful to hear.

I think this is the one time in years I wish Gardenhire was still here cause he would of thrown a fit and gotten kicked out over that

I don't really like Jack Morris, but his JEEZ there was pretty great.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

A person could do worse than spend the next four and a half years planning to get the gently caress out of San Diego.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

habeasdorkus posted:

Also also, more players should swing on 3-0 meatballs.

I always thought it was ridiculous that Joe Mauer would watch an 0-0 meatball zip by, but he won batting titles and was a league MVP and I have an OBP in The Show that's basically my AVG so maybe I'm the rear end in a top hat here.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Intruder posted:

I can't remember where I read it but supposedly if you hit a HR off Bob Gibson you could expect one in your earhole if you jogged around the bases too fast, too slow, made eye contact with him or avoided eye contact with him too overtly

Bob Gibson seemed to believe the batter was his mortal enemy even if they didn't manage to get a dinger off him. I can only image how terrifying it was going up against him.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Johnny Bravo posted:

And somehow west coast teams still aren't having problems despite playing nearly every game in California or Texas

Twins are doing fine despite currently active players having tested positive early on and having had played the Cards.

There's signs ALL OVER the dugout about expected behavior and lots of guys actively wear masks off the field during the game. It's almost like there's a way to stop this poo poo.

I mean, aside from not having a season, which is what they should have done.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Twins/Tigers aren't playing tonight, just came up on the Twins FB in the last hour or so.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Intruder posted:

Catcher isn't allowed to block the plate without the ball, runner isn't allowed to truck the catcher if he has a direct route to the plate

I think

Pretty sure these are both true, yeah. The Buster Posey rule.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Julio Cruz posted:

I absolutely do not, but I'd bet most if not all teams are gonna have one guy who's dumb enough to think he could take down the big bad NFL guy

If only Joe Kelly were pitching in 1990.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Sydin posted:

The Rangers not selling high on Lynn is loving nuts. Don't both the Dodgers and the Yanks need SP right now?

Twins need pitching too, but we already had a ride on the Lance Lynn and it wasn't as exciting as we had been told. (Arguably same for the Yankees, tbh.)