Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can’t wait to see how the NFL tops this incompetence.

Asymptomatic players with positive covid tests will play. Players will die, NFL will say "next man up."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

MorrisBae posted:

MLB C/V August: A Plague of Their Own

Yeah, this.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

mcmagic posted:

"Bullpen game" is by far the Yankees' second best starter. What garbage.

Very on brand for a Yankees fan to be complaining about a team that's lost two games all season. Keep fuckin' that chicken, buddy.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

1) I am very pleased that Gary, Keith, and Ron are able to be in the booth at Citifield, even if it's separate booths.
2) I loving love the clothesline note delivery system

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1293714017354211329

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Mets continue to :mets: - while splitting a four game series with the Nats they lose Jeff McNeil for who knows how long after he crashed into the left center wall.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I unno, I've heard that Lee Elia rant.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Steve Somers was fun on WFAN!

abelwingnut posted:

cardinals are way worse than the yankees, and i'm not just saying that as a cubs fan. cardinals fans have an entitlement and self-righteousness light years beyond yankees fans. the whole 'play the game the right way' and 'look the part'--all cardinals. yankees fans generally don't care about any of that, they just want to see their team do well--yes, in an incredibly obnoxious, loud way. cardinals fans are peak smug-yet-inferior-complex.

Uh, Yankees fans have traditionally been all about talking up their players for "doing things the right Yankee way" and being "classy." Geez. check out that midwestern elitism.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Rick Porcello is loving garbage. I hate that man. It is the most pure, irrational hate I've ever experienced... and it only grew when he went to the Mets.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Good Dog posted:

Dylan Bundy has one of the best defensive shortstops of all time playing behind him so thats not fair. Here's him making a great play this passed weekend.

https://twitter.com/Angels/status/1294830694212853761?s=20

Andrelton Simmons is underrated in the pantheon of great all time defensive shortstops. Can't really say that about David Fletcher.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Appreciate this Eduardo Rodriguez comment as well:
https://twitter.com/eduardorod5/status/1295721986233184258

e: gently caress, Johnny Bench says it's OK, so it's clearly OK
https://twitter.com/JohnnyBench_5/status/1295722256254074882

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, trades like FTJ and Kelenic where the players were just signed/drafted and are teenagers are generally more defensible in that you don't yet know what you have. That goes double for Tatis Jr.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

What's so weird about this particular unwritten rule is that a lot of old timey baseballers are like "uh, what the gently caress are you talking about?"

https://twitter.com/MannyActa14/status/1295784561134071809

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Also, the thing to note is that a lot of old baseball players are calling WTF on this, so it's not like it's a widely known rule. Which makes sense, because it's loving dumb.

Also also, more players should swing on 3-0 meatballs.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Extremely happy for my good man Mookie Betts. Want him to win multiple MVP awards and go down as one of the very finest players of all time, and then go into the HOF with a Dodgers cap. And for him to go Michael Jordan on John Henry when he gives his induction speech.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, while I would be overjoyed to see the hard-edged boys and girls of the USPIS take in Curt it ain't happened yet. And Curt was just on the advisory board, so he probably wasn't in on the direct grift and was just an advertisement for idiots to give them money.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The question will be how many more Mets test positive. It's not truly Metsy unless they miss like the next three weeks of games.

E: it's two positives. Lol. They're so :mets:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

N:
https://twitter.com/Amir_Garrett/status/1296274184784482305

V: Amir Garrett is Cool and Good:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Toaster Beef posted:

Commentators will do anything to avoid saying "yeah that got him right in the dick"

Usually, but not always:
https://twitter.com/timandsid/status/1214992609036394496

bawfuls posted:

He struck out 11 today over 7 innings of 1-run ball. Looked like his old self again, you love to see it

For reference, Kershaw's down seasons were having a 2.73 ERA/142 ERA+ and a 3.03 ERA/137 ERA+. The latter was his highest ERA since his rookie season, and the only one other than his rookie season over a 3.00. Just amazing.

Dude's been slightly Pedro-like with making fewer than 30 starts a season five out of the last six full years, but he's still put up a 171 ERA+ in 1100 ininngs over that timespan!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Marte should give the bear a signed bat for its trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Dunno if this has been posted, but this is a real good article by Posnanski on Buck O'Neil and why it's a crying shame this won't be the year he makes the Hall of Fame. Paywalled unfortunately, if you have some spare scratch and like sports you should consider subscribing to the Athletic.