Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Pro-Wrestling Champion for July, 2020?
This poll is closed.
Yuka Sakazaki (PRINCESS of PRINCESS Champion) 20 23.26%
:byodame: EVIL (IWGP Champion) 16 18.60%
:gitgudhorn: Hikaru Shida (AEW Women's Champion) 11 12.79%
Jon Moxley (AEW Champion) 10 11.63%
Yoshiko (Beyond the SEA Single Championship) 8 9.30%
:nono: Bayley (Smackdown Women's Champion) 6 6.98%
:nallears: Tetsuya Naito (FORMER IWGP Champion) 4 4.65%
:shibe: Eddie Edwards (Impact Champion) 2 2.33%
Sasha Banks (Raw Women's Champion) 2 2.33%
Asuka (FORMER Raw Women's Champion) 1 1.16%
:scotland: Drew McIntyre (WWE Champion) 1 1.16%
Suwama (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) 1 1.16%
:black101: Arisa Nakajima (FORMER Beyond the SEA Single Championship) 0 0%
Ayato Yoshida (2AW Openweight Champion) 0 0%
:manning: Yuji Okabayashi (FORMER 2AW Openweight Champion) 0 0%
:mump: Tetsuya Endo (KO-D Openweight Champion) 0 0%
:hmmwrong: None of the Above 4 4.65%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah this terrible argument/discussion needs to stop right here. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

know this. Believe this. a vote for yuka, is a vote for making jim cornette mad!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I apologise for kicking this off. I just want to say that I'm not pouring scorn on anyone who didn't vote for her because of what she did to ACT, it's an entirely understandable justification for not wanting to watch her matches. The abhorrent nature of the assault is undeniable. I was just saying I thought that excluding her from the poll for that wouldn't be a choice I agree with. If there was a financial reward or something for winning the poll that'd be a different conversation, but there's not, it's just a silly thing on a dead sub-forum of a dead website.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

:razzy:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cavauro posted:

know this. Believe this. a vote for yuka, is a vote for making jim cornette mad!

By this point in time wouldn't ANY vote for ANY candidate make him mad?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There are a lot strong contenders in this poll, I will need to think about this logically to weigh up all the pros and cons and AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Rarity fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Aug 2, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I believe jim cornette wants to kiss eddie edwards for having to take that baseball bat into his face, and most likely enjoys drew mcintyre. That has been my serious thought on who he wouldn't be mad at. i'd like to influence the vote significantly to feel powerful.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

switch my vote to yuka sakazaki please lmao @ tgat weird derail

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
New champs of popular promotions usually win in their first month (unless you're WWE but then again I said popular promotions) but it looks like EVIL will probably lose despite having cool new gear, cool new music and a cool new friend :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Seams posted:

New champs of popular promotions usually win in their first month (unless you're WWE but then again I said popular promotions) but it looks like EVIL will probably lose despite having cool new gear, cool new music and a cool new friend :(

he sadly suffered from a not up to par iwgp title match against naito and his hiromu match was also underwhelming. i think if it was EVIL out on his own he'd have the month but as a new member of the bullet club, which is in its eighth year of running, it doesn't exactly feel fresh.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The King of Darkness does not have the strength to overcome a Magical Girl

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I was just reading rap sheet posts so that’s why I’m here and i just kinda skimmed the op but i would like to vote for Yuka if that is what you do in this thread because she is so cool

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

boxcarhobo posted:

I was just reading rap sheet posts so that’s why I’m here and i just kinda skimmed the op but i would like to vote for Yuka if that is what you do in this thread because she is so cool

A vote for Yuka is a vote for anime :hai:

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Rarity posted:

A vote for Yuka is a vote for anime :hai:

Don't try to convince me to not vote for her.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I hope we get a tie between EVIL and Yuka because that Daniels/Io picture makes me laugh every time I see it and I think those two would be an even funnier pairing.

Shame Io isn't on the poll this month, could've had the best couple as co-winners.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well there is a little over a day left to make your dreams come true (not logging off), so vote!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I voted for Drew McIntyre

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Kipup into a Claymore was pretty cool!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Hey.

AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Did my part and voted for Evil, which everything is

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

need some evil votes to tie it up. but don't push him ahead. just tie

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

balance is important

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I'd rather not vote for the guy whose reign opened with a WMOTY candidate.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

too roight

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Lid posted:

I'd rather not vote for the guy whose reign opened with a WMOTY candidate.

I didn't think McIntyre and Rollins were that bad.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Vote for the guy who's reign opened with a MOTYC instead

It's Evil, the match was good

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
how can you really be sure you're voting for the right person? look how hostile and aggressive all these posters are. do you want them sending you threatening PMs when your vote causes their favorite to lose? in these uncertain times, there's only one safe option. vote None of the Above.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Today is the last day for voting and it is very close, and your vote (yes, YOURS) could make all the difference.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

change my vote to Yuka, thanks

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i put my vote in during a late time right now, as that makes it feel more important even though it's the same. you have to craft your own power in this world

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
Hikaru Shida has been dominant since becoming champion, just murking the women she's going up against. Gotta go with her.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In July there was no escape from EVIL! Nothing could beat EVIL because EVERYTHING IS EVIL! And so EVIL wo... wait, wait a minute!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FZPg7xTlC4

It turns out a Magical Girl can beat EVIL, and beat EVIL she did. Yuka Sakazaki returned to the Championship poll a force to be reckoned with after a loooong absence due to COVID shutting down so much Japanese wrestling. This wasn't a hobbled poll with half the champions missing either, almost everybody was back INCLUDING New Japan but it didn't matter, the winner for July of 2020 (and the first time ever) will forever be Yuka Sakazaki!

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
this is the Joshi takeover; never again will anyone else win the poll

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Everything is AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm glad EVIL didn't win. Not that his stuff was actively bad but it just kind of felt flat & there was definitely better championship matches in July.

I stand by vote but kind of sad Yoshida didn't get a single vote, that Okabayashi match he had was great. So I take it Yuki Aino vs Sakazaki is worth watching then? I'd skipped it after seeing a mostly lukewarm reception to it before now.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yuka vs Yuki isn't worth going out of your way to see.

IceAgeComing posted:

this is the Joshi takeover; never again will anyone else win the poll

Pre-emptively starting the Mayu for August campaign by mentioning that she's defending her title in the first ever main event at the brand new Yokohama Budokan and she unveiled a book she had written this month

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

god 2010 was a cursed year for the 'hut

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

If I was around in 2010 I definitely would have voted for Kane after MiTB. That title change actually had me watching WWE again until they pissed away the goodwill as they are wont to do

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

are there any wrestlers who you think could conceivably win 4 months in a row again. please don't fool around. i offer adam page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cavauro posted:

are there any wrestlers who you think could conceivably win 4 months in a row again. please don't fool around. i offer adam page

Judging by this forums tastes? Kenny Omega. Lil' Kazu.