Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Pro-Wrestling Champion for July, 2020?
This poll is closed.
Yuka Sakazaki (PRINCESS of PRINCESS Champion) 20 23.26%
:byodame: EVIL (IWGP Champion) 16 18.60%
:gitgudhorn: Hikaru Shida (AEW Women's Champion) 11 12.79%
Jon Moxley (AEW Champion) 10 11.63%
Yoshiko (Beyond the SEA Single Championship) 8 9.30%
:nono: Bayley (Smackdown Women's Champion) 6 6.98%
:nallears: Tetsuya Naito (FORMER IWGP Champion) 4 4.65%
:shibe: Eddie Edwards (Impact Champion) 2 2.33%
Sasha Banks (Raw Women's Champion) 2 2.33%
Asuka (FORMER Raw Women's Champion) 1 1.16%
:scotland: Drew McIntyre (WWE Champion) 1 1.16%
Suwama (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) 1 1.16%
:black101: Arisa Nakajima (FORMER Beyond the SEA Single Championship) 0 0%
Ayato Yoshida (2AW Openweight Champion) 0 0%
:manning: Yuji Okabayashi (FORMER 2AW Openweight Champion) 0 0%
:mump: Tetsuya Endo (KO-D Openweight Champion) 0 0%
:hmmwrong: None of the Above 4 4.65%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I wanted to vote Yoshiko, but realistically it's EVIL (because everything is) (and because he dominated discussion this month and had two MOTYCs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If Yoshiko wins this and I voted for EVIL then I have to tear up my SEAdLINNNG fan club membership

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I hope we get a tie between EVIL and Yuka because that Daniels/Io picture makes me laugh every time I see it and I think those two would be an even funnier pairing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Please vote for literally anyone other than human piece of garbage Yoshiko, a woman who once got in the ring with another woman and DELIBERATELY ended her wrestling career with shoot punches to the orbital socket. The fact that she's even got six votes is an embarassment. She shouldn't be permitted in any ring anywhere, and she shouldn't be permitted on this poll.

I'm not going to get into this argument again. I will defer to the knowledge of the person who clearly knows better than Emi Sakura, Tsukasa Fujimoto, Chigusa Nagayo and Mayumi Ozaki over who should be allowed in a wrestling ring.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Act did not retire from the injuries sustained in the Yoshiko match. She already had cataracts from Graves Disease going into the match

Yoshiko didn't get into the ring to decide to end Act's career, she was a 21-year-old woman in an incredibly hosed up backstage environment in Stardom who got into a fight for reasons nobody in this thread knows. A fight that should have been stopped by countless people from Kyohei Wada, Rossy Ogawa to Nanae Takahashi. They had every opportunity to, and Yoshiko even backed off into her own corner after the first exchange of punches but the fight was allowed to continue. It was only Kyoko Kimura dragging Act out of the ring that stopped things.

Since coming back Yoshiko has wrestled for five years without any incidents and has been trusted by the likes of Emi Sakura, Tsukasa Fujimoto and Chigusa Nagayo to wrestle their rookies and Emi in particular is very, very protective of her trainees, so I don't think Yoshiko is quite the uncontrollable monster people make her out tp be in the west.

I understand if people don't want to see Yoshiko or watch her matches, but comparing her to Joey Ryan, a serial rapist, because ot one fight is disgusting.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lid posted:

blah blah loving blah we don't care we aren't Japanese cultural upholders here and we are allowed to pass judgment based not on cultural relativism

This isn't about cultural relativism. It's about how those women actually know her and how you are someone on the other side of the world who think what she did is comparable to dozens of sexual assaults.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

You'd still be wrong, but if you want to keep minimising rape and domestic abuse by comparing them to a fight then you do you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm not the one who made the Joey Ryan comparison. That was Lid's comparison, and it's not minimising what Yoshiko did to say that we don't need to compare her to a serial rapist. What she did was hosed up but acting like a 21 year old in a heated situation who by all accounts has had a completely clean record since then to an unrepentant sex offender is disgusting.

Sorry for loving up your topic Jerusalem. I don't think this warrants further discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yuka vs Yuki isn't worth going out of your way to see.

IceAgeComing posted:

this is the Joshi takeover; never again will anyone else win the poll

Pre-emptively starting the Mayu for August campaign by mentioning that she's defending her title in the first ever main event at the brand new Yokohama Budokan and she unveiled a book she had written this month