Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Post about how bad the Rangers are here instead of making GBS threads up the N/V cause it's not news!!!

Oh there are some games today and more tomorrow. Check out http://nhl.com/scores I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
hockey!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Penalties!

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
gently caress yes Zibby!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
There's the Mrazek I know.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Great tip

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

grassy gnoll posted:

There's the Mrazek I know.

Teravainen could have lightly stick checked Zibanejad maybe.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I'm really impressed by the Rangers goal there. It went through all those people. Was that just dumb luck or on purpose?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jupiter Jazz posted:

I'm really impressed by the Rangers goal there. It went through all those people. Was that just dumb luck or on purpose?

Very much on purpose. Straight shots from a long way out rarely go in the net unless the goalie makes a huge mistake. Teams are looking for a screen (a guy obscuring the goalie's vision) or a tip/redirection. That was a picture perfect tip by Zibanejad.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Players practice deflecting shots like that. It's skill.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Is there a good reason why MSG doesn't show the pp clock on their feed?

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
I don't see Aho play enough. He is really good.

I love watching Panarin just carry the puck so fluidly with ease and he just straight up picked his pocket just now. And Aho's just all over the ice in general

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
So color me impressed. That's baseball like skill.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Dumb luck rebounds tend to be pretty obvious, since they'll be going off somebody's back or something. If it went off a stick or a skate*, it was probably intentional.

*Deflecting off a skate is legal, kicking it in is not.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

This officiating sucks. What is this?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Go Canes.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Around the time of the NYR goal and shortly after, it looked like they were finally starting to click and play some real hockey...

....but that quickly fell apart and they resumed doing whatever it was they were doing for the majority of the game

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Go Jets Go

for the rest of the games I just hope they're fun

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The NHL doing nothing for Black Lives Matter beyond what could generate them branding and revenue is what I would expect for Gary Bettman.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Am I the only one who can't stand Liam McHugh? Dude seems so punchable.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Liam's fine. He's actually trained as a broadcaster, so he's doing better than a solid 80% of the NBC hockey troupe.

Like, Pierre's right there.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Handsome Hank's getting in the groove.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

That was a pretty slick blocker save

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

CBJSprague24 posted:

Am I the only one who can't stand Liam McHugh? Dude seems so punchable.

You still angry he dunked on you on twitter? :lol:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

mods please rename thread Alexis Lafrenière Tournament of Losers

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I've missed Greg McKegg and his excellent hockey name.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Two things:

That was a nasty boarding

Is there a discord?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hank's still got it. :monocle:

(fake edit- Except when Marc Staal deflects one past him).

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Goddamn, took long enough on that one.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Lmao Marc staal

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
what an ugly pp and goal

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Are all the board ads gonna be changed in between games? Because these seem very America specific.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

nice own goal by Staal

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The board ads aren't only America-specific, they're regionally-specific. The PIT/PHI game the other night had lots of Pennsylvania-local ads, as did the CBJ game the other night.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hank's still got it. :monocle:

(fake edit- Except when Marc Staal deflects one past him).

Original point reinstated.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'll take a shot at 1st OA. Lot of dead weight on this team. Staal and Smith especially.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
I think they do the ads with CGI.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

Are all the board ads gonna be changed in between games? Because these seem very America specific.

They've been replacing them for each game during the exhibitions, look to be about 50% local for each match. I'm assuming there's a bunch of outstanding contracts from the advertisers.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
this is like the good ol Ranger playoff games of the last decade, Hank playing well and the team playing like dick

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
This guy shot the puck at the Rangers players skates and got a goal. That's swag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Matt Zerella posted:

I'll take a shot at 1st OA. Lot of dead weight on this team. Staal and Smith especially.

The Rags deserve no more #1 picks.

I did enjoy Smith getting repeatedly ragdolled in the first period and MStaal with the perfect deflection just now.