Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Go Canes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Am I the only one who can't stand Liam McHugh? Dude seems so punchable.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hank's still got it. :monocle:

(fake edit- Except when Marc Staal deflects one past him).

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The board ads aren't only America-specific, they're regionally-specific. The PIT/PHI game the other night had lots of Pennsylvania-local ads, as did the CBJ game the other night.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hank's still got it. :monocle:

(fake edit- Except when Marc Staal deflects one past him).

Original point reinstated.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Did the Canes ever do anything about their local broadcast team for the playoffs? Last I heard, they'd let Forslund go, which is ironic seeing as he's doing their game for NBC.

THE MACHO MAN posted:

this is like the good ol Ranger playoff games of the last decade, Hank playing well and the team playing like dick

So how deep is he going to drag them kicking and screaming this year?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

grassy gnoll posted:

Marc Staal with two goals this afternoon.

Damnit, beaten.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

I'll take a shot at 1st OA. Lot of dead weight on this team. Staal and Smith especially.

OldSenileGuy posted:

Kreider has been invisible too

If this is how the rangers are going to play, I think I’d rather just take the shot at 1OA rather than grinding out lucky wins in the qualifier round only to probably get swept in round 1

Another thing to look at it is picks 9 and 10 are in play, so you have 3 shots at a top 10 pick, which isn't a bad consolation prize for being bounced from the quasi-playoffs.

E- That whistle seemed quick.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Bunk posted:

They’ve got Mike Maniscalco doing pbp along with Tripp. He’s no Forslund obv but is doing a decent job.

Carolina's loss is going to be somebody's gain, be it a local team or the national audience.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

So, next up is (checks notes) Blackhawks/Oilers. Meh.

ThinkTank posted:

I mean yeah Carolina is the far deeper team. Neutralize Panarin like they did today and this is gonna be a quick series.

Yep. Bread causes teams to focus on him, which frees up other potential weapons to score, but it doesn't work if he's not able to make hay.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ah, 3 is really 3:20 or so.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

PLAY HOCKEY.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

And it's a TOO MUCH MANS.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hawks have gotten a couple odd-man rushes and have done absolutely nothing with it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Is a too much mans penalty due to anything? Bad coaching or rust or something else or is it just bad luck?

If you're asking what the penalty is, it's Too Many Men on the Ice/Too Many Dicks on the Dancefloor. TOO MUCH MANS is a play off a chyron gone wrong years ago on a local Penguins broadcast which read that.

If you're asking what in this specific situation, it's probably a combination of some/all of the above.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

bub spank posted:

Mike Smith doing Mike Smith things

I had lost sight of the fact Smith and Tippett were together in Phoenix and now Edmonton.

e- I think we might have our first This Guy Scored of the playoffs! :toot:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Wait...wait...I know this seems like it was eons ago and I've largely flushed the standings from my memory, but Carolina lost 31 of its last 37 games? :wtc:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Did I just hear singing of Let's Go Oilers?

e- Go home, Oilers, you're drunk.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Gary's going to get the Blackhawks into the Playoffs.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

GORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD MILLER.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:lol: I went to the grocery and it's now 6-2.

How has NBC not figured out how to include a shot counter in their scoring bug?

:siren: Beauvillier :siren:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Derpies posted:

Playoff Bobrovsky you love to see it

Playoffs Bob is more fun when he's doing it on another team.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It sounded like they dumped the arena mics after the whistles blew just before that commercial (at least in the US).

Derpies posted:

I'm just glad playoff Holtby got one year where he wasn't a mental case. Sorry that never happened for Bob.

:cop: was a monster for the most part last year after that save on Kucherov in Game 1 (at least in the Tampa series), but he may never shake the bad rap unless he can do that more regularly.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

drat, Kubalik has five points?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I looked up the song John The Fisherman in response to it being referenced in South Park just before flipping to NBC and, I have to say, it was a pretty sweet soundtrack as the teams got ready to take the ice.

Welp, that's my story,

Serisothikos posted:

g... ugh.

go p...ens...

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I want an embarrassing Pens flameout, but that just means the Pens will get Lafrenaire

Go Pens long enough to be assured no Lafreniere, then embarassing pants poo poo is fair game.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Escape Goat posted:

The message is nice I guess but I'm not seeing how skating helps racism...

"We're using our video game's Black Lives Matter disclaimer you have to hit X to clear on startup and big video displays because nobody can attend this to put on montages showing how woke we are. We don't need to take actual actions to limit racism. We're woke!"

e- The piped-in crowd is much louder for this game than the others.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Tochiazuma posted:

Guess they can't do the 'over to the crowd to sing a verse' of the national anthem trick now

Well, they could...

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: I like it, and yet I don't :siren:

Tochiazuma posted:

I sure hope they splice in some 'banging on the glass' sounds because boy I'll miss those

"SHOOOOOOOOOOT"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oswald Kesselpot posted:

I didn’t think about that, how will the refs know they are doing a bad job with out 18,000 homers letting them know?,

There are only two home fanbases. :downsrim:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

18-6 shots, down 1-0.

"Quality" over quantity?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Pens are going to poo poo themselves and get #1 overall and somehow add to their embarrassment of riches in the most improbable way possible and I'm going to ragequit hockey, aren't I?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cheat Code Crosby.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: feels like a good time to bring back that line about not counting the Penguins out until they're on the bad end of a handshake line. :siren:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I think Sidney begged to differ with that icing call and said a No-No word.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Le Habs apparently figured out Lafreniere is a francophone and has instructed the team to pop the parachute.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Worst Penalty time.

E- "Good effort by Jack Johnson." "Wound out by Jack Johnson." Sorry PAS.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is it me or is JMFJ's name plate off center?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Getting kind of tired of this Geico commercial with the dude who looks like Ray Romano in Get Shorty and DJ Khaled.

ThinkTank posted:

Pens are totally gonna lose win this on some dumb bounce in OT

Fixed.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Pittsburgh has a PP goal and a delayed penalty goal

Could add a penalty shot goal for good measure.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

PING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

If y'all like playoff overtime oh, just imagine playoff overtime with both of these teams having played one game of any form in 4 months. We're going to have people collapsing on the ice. :unsmigghh: