Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Post about how bad the Rangers are here instead of making GBS threads up the N/V cause it's not news!!!

Oh there are some games today and more tomorrow. Check out http://nhl.com/scores I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

grassy gnoll posted:

There's the Mrazek I know.

Teravainen could have lightly stick checked Zibanejad maybe.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Matt Zerella posted:

I'll take a shot at 1st OA. Lot of dead weight on this team. Staal and Smith especially.

The Rags deserve no more #1 picks.

I did enjoy Smith getting repeatedly ragdolled in the first period and MStaal with the perfect deflection just now.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Levitate posted:

I don’t think they’ve ever had a #1 pick

Sorry, that was intended as a stealth Jack Hughes :iceburn:.

I'm glad that Gardiner doesn't look completely dreadful (yet).

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Be really awesome if Mitch Marnera single Leaf defenseman besides Rielly could touch the puck and not immediately turn it over to a Blue Jacket

Fixed

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Leafs seem to be having some kind of internal competition to make the highest risk, lowest reward pass possible.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Uh, what’s wrong with Justin Holl? Dude could not skate at all on that shift

You mean the part where he got set up with a soft pass in a prime scoring area, flubbed the pass badly and just ... stopped?

I'm starting to wonder if maybe Holl and Ceci aren't adequate as half of a top four.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

This ice golf game isn't going well.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

soggybagel posted:

You know I thought there were more Kapanens who played on the Finnish National team but after checking I guess there hasn’t.

Well there was Niko Kapanen.

Looking forward to someone scoring a 2OT winner with a centering pass from behind the net going off a shinpad and two skates and both posts before crossing the line.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

What a bunch of useless losers these Leafs are.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I fuckin' love Lundqvist ducking under Svechnikov's shot and then Chytil basically creating a goal against on his own.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

If that's the standard for interference then every game should have at least 20 penalties.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Marner still looks to be nursing a bruised cerebral cortex.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

My Kingdom for a Marner who actually checks to see if the guy he's passing to is a) on his team b) open and c) facing the right way to receive the pass.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

All may be forgiven depending on how the next 14 minutes go.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Oh so that slash was a penalty but the cross-check on Muzzin is just fine?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I have no comment on the shenanigans but Teravainen's goal was sicknasty.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with Aho or unimpressed with Trouba and DeAngelo.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

lol Freddy was going the complete opposite direction of that shot

Well it wouldn't have happened if the refs would call sitting on a guy for ten seconds a penalty.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Cody Ceci, playoff hero.

Lobsterboy posted:

the common thread of every series has been reffing being : too much, too little, near constant, not at all. zero consistency.

Actually I don't think I've ever seen sitting on a guy called as a penalty even in the regular season. I find it baffling.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Playoff Travis Dermott looks like Bron from Game of Thrones.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

That was a completely braindead giveaway by Kerfoot, gently caress.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Good hard battle there *shows Foligno somehow hooking Dermott's glove*

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

What a pathetic waste of talent this team is.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

How does a tree even self-inflict a gunshot wound it doesn't even make sense.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Leafs just need to give up one more goal to set up an epic comeback.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

eXXon posted:

AND so it BeGins

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

No jokes, Hyman had been much better than Marner this series.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

eXXon posted:

eXXon posted:

No jokes, Hyman had been much better than Marner this series.

Look I don't want to be too smug about it but I told you so

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Just lol if you've never watched your lovely team blow three goal third period leads giving up consecutive 6-on-5 goals. noobs

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Derpies posted:

Everyone knows Toronto is gonna lose on a half court shot that dribbles in on a funny bounce right

Marner will score into his own net.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Oh captain my lovely penalty taking captain Foligno :lol:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Werenski scoring off a floating point shot while Andersen is inexplicably careening in the wrong direction, Mikheyev tipping it off Korpisalo's shoulder and then the crossbar, and Tavares seeing a nearly empty net and one-timing it off the inside of the post and out... yes, this is a Leafs game alright.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I do appreciate Nylander's dedication in trying to cause a goal against but I wish he would refocus his efforts elsewhere.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I am once again reminded of the time when two different pairs of Leafs collided with each other, leaving just one standing

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Let me point out that the Leafs went into the third period of game 3 with a lead and a powerplay soooo

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Every year he lets in soft, backbreaking goals in critical games and every year people defend him as if he’s not being outplayed consistently every series

He had a .941 going into this game. He just has impeccable timing.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jason Spezza coast-to-coast!!! And straight into the ocean!!!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Nocheez posted:

While we have a moment, does anyone know if the Maple Leafs would have been in a different position if they had not lost to a 42 year old Zamboni driver that they employ? Would they have played a different team or made it to the playoffs outright?

They're a pathetic embarrassment either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

marioinblack posted:

I did think Columbus played that smart. They were the more fatigued team and basically played a game entirely on structure and were selectively aggressive. In a best of 7, you get the games where the hot goalie steals one, and this might've been that game, expect the Bolts lit up the net like it was James Caan in the Godfather until one finally got through. At least that's what I hope.

I'm not sure how getting dominated 5v5 every game is going to get Columbus to the finals but good luck!!! Assholes!!!