Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
it was a gutsy performance for lebron to foul murray over and over again and not get called on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he got called for murray falling down once, dunno why hed need to be called for phantom fouls again and again after the first one

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Papes posted:

it was a gutsy performance for lebron to foul murray over and over again and not get called on it.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

King sh*t

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Ghost Dog posted:

he got called for murray falling down once, dunno why hed need to be called for phantom fouls again and again after the first one

did noone else on the planet see lebron knee him in thigh on that play? that's WHY he fell down lmao

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

there was zero ki in that strike unlike whoever that was shouldering ad so hard he was sent to another dimension

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Ghost Dog posted:

there was zero ki in that strike unlike whoever that was shouldering ad so hard he was sent to another dimension

AD is big and its ok to foul Big people and punch them in the arm all the time

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he armbarred the breath out of his lungs and the ribs into his lungs

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Brolander posted:

did noone else on the planet see lebron knee him in thigh on that play? that's WHY he fell down lmao

Yeah he straight up kneed him but not as funny as AD calling a one hour time out to cry that a guy who is relatively shorter and lighter compared to him than a 6th grader is to an average guy ran into the only hard screen he set all night

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah he straight up kneed him but not as funny as AD calling a one hour time out to cry that a guy who is relatively shorter and lighter compared to him than a 6th grader is to an average guy ran into the only hard screen he set all night

In ADs defense he's used to going to the locker room for 20 minutes after a screen like that

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/1309344145354313729

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
“Number of free throws attempted” seems like a poor way to measure that, the real impact has been on getting key players in foul trouble (usually via off-ball fouls that before the penalty)

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Couple pages back but this made me cackle irl

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
It's now 3-1 get ready to have your heart ripped out Lakers fans

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/danwoikesports/status/1309319690246909955?s=21

Lol

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kingcobweb posted:

“Number of free throws attempted” seems like a poor way to measure that, the real impact has been on getting key players in foul trouble (usually via off-ball fouls that before the penalty)

Timing of no calls matters too. That whack a Murray by Lebron late this last game was brutal.

Also just glancing through the box scores and play by plays it looks like the Nuggets were getting evened up on the foul calls when the game was already out of hand. Game 1 was 7 fouls to 2 when the Nuggets fell down by 20 points. In fact game 2 was the only time the Nuggets got more 4th quarter fouls in their favor than the Lakers.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The bulls really would have won that series if Rondo didn't get hurt lmao

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Ghost Dog posted:

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1309340240377786368

Fine with them calling that a foul but the foul count is gonna look like game 1 if they call every touch like that a foul on Lebron drives.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lasagna Pilot posted:

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1309340240377786368

Fine with them calling that a foul but the foul count is gonna look like game 1 if they call every touch like that a foul on Lebron drives.

Pretty much. And didn’t this lead to the sequence that fouled Morris out of the game?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The Basketball

🏀

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Jamal Murray has done some of the coolest layups ever

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Jamal Murray has done some of the coolest layups ever

If he’s not a 25+ppg guy next regular season I’ll be mad. Stop it with the 16 points against Atlanta in December crap, Jamal.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

"the series would be tied if you ignore the game one blowout!" is a very weird thing to tweet. its completely meaningless lol

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Playoff Rondo out here playing 4D chess

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Dudley self identifies as a big chemistry guy but I have to imagine half the team wonders why some assistant coach gets his own jersey and sits on the other end of the bench.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

BWV posted:

Dudley self identifies as a big chemistry guy but I have to imagine half the team wonders why some assistant coach gets his own jersey and sits on the other end of the bench.

Jared Dudley is way better than the average NBA 12th/13th man

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

Playoff Rondo out here playing connect 4D chess

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dammit Gary the Izzone does that poo poo all the time you should know better!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m glad the lakers won and balance is being restored to the universe

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

in another dimension they were cheering when the buzzer hit 0 as he makes the shot

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I'm glad that Murray decided to keep running into LeBron and get his poo poo clamped. Good job buddy

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Papes posted:

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

LeBron was too tired to hit jumpers yet had enough energy to shut down the best ever point guard whose name rhymes with with "chimichurri" FOH

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

Jared Dudley is way better than the average NBA 12th/13th man

He could be but he thinks he's Shane Battier when he's really the guy from Yes Dear.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Papes posted:

Yeah, I'm pissed off that the stupid letter to League Office seemed to work. If Nuggets did the same it'd be that Ron Swanson computer in the trash gif.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Honestly the only calls I'm baffled by was Davis getting free throws for hurting himself and lebron getting free throws for trucking grant at the perimeter

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

big boi posted:

LeBron was too tired to hit jumpers yet had enough energy to shut down the best ever point guard whose name rhymes with with "chimichurri" FOH

Lmao

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

Honestly the only calls I'm baffled by was Davis getting free throws for hurting himself and lebron getting free throws for trucking grant at the perimeter

https://videorulebook.nba.com/rule/on-ball-blocking-fouls/ 👍

https://twitter.com/ace_1985/status/1309486235057098754?s=20

https://twitter.com/TheRealJRSmith/status/1309506285805731840

https://twitter.com/TheRealJRSmith/status/1309506931980144643

tory trying to get canceled again 😤

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 25, 2020

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Glad AggressivelyStupid is educating himself on why that's not a blocking foul. Proud of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Loving all these twitter people showing replays of lebron making a great play and saying “where is the foullllll???”

Lmao losers