Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I had to convince my Lakers fan friend Vogel was a good coach months ago. He was claiming Vogel couldn't get to LeBron.

Now he thinks Vogel was the best coach for the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

the level of hypocrisy over AD and KD is truly something

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lebron Should bring Blatt back and win a ring with him.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Paperback Writer posted:

AD left like a punk but AD didn't leave a borderline championship contending team for a championship team that just knocked him out and AD isn't Extremely Online

Also AD reveres LeBron and isn't going to be some whiny rear end goon about not fitting in

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

MourningView posted:

Lue and Vogel are both good coaches. Vogel is a very good defensive coach who is the first guy to get LeBron to buy in on that end since Spo and Lue is really underrated as an Xs and Os guy on offense. Just because Mike Brown wasn't very good doesn't mean we need to pretend everyone who coaches LeBron is a fraud, we did this poo poo with Spo too.

I never called Lue a fraud? Like you said, Lue is decent coach, which is a thing I agree with. I just think coaching good defense and getting people to buy in is way harder than coaching good offense in league this talented.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Davis is Melo if Melo wanted to play for someone good instead of the knicks

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paperback Writer posted:

Joining a team that missed the playoffs vs joining a team that just won 73 games and was in the Finals the past 2 years, winning once.

I do think how AD left NO is bunk though.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
The most glory Davis seems to be getting post-championship is "…and AD was also good" so I'm not sure where all the hypocrites are

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paul Zuvella posted:

I never called Lue a fraud? Like you said, Lue is decent coach, which is a thing I agree with. I just think coaching good defense and getting people to buy in is way harder than coaching good offense in league this talented.

I think a lot of that is personnel though? Lue had to cobble together a defense out of Love, Thompson, and 45 games of Kyrie every year. I think getting that team to focus on offensive execution makes sense. Lue definitely had those Cavalier teams focused for the playoffs.

I think Vogel and Lue are probably about the same in terms of tier or w/e. They do different things but I think the Lakers would still be a good defensive team under Lue and Vogel wouldn't have been able to make the Cavs Defense elite at all.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

ad also wasn’t expressly recruited by someone on the lakers because they were getting destroyed in the finals the season before

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

propyleneglycol posted:

Not entirely basketball related but SVG related so close enough
https://twitter.com/realstanvg/status/1315641571061178368?s=21
SVG clearly faking a sign about his donations because ???

https://twitter.com/afriendlydad/status/1315659314778927105?s=21
Hey man everytime he gets on a podcast they puff him up about how good his twitter game is and how entertaining he is
Now he's just lost, desperate enough to do anything to stimulate that SOCIAL MEDIA ENGAGEMENT

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Paperback Writer posted:

finish your thought

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

propyleneglycol posted:

Not entirely basketball related but SVG related so close enough
https://twitter.com/realstanvg/status/1315641571061178368?s=21
SVG clearly faking a sign about his donations because ???

https://twitter.com/afriendlydad/status/1315659314778927105?s=21

Stan Van and the sign makers have completely different capital G's. Dragging: denied.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
When AD left NO he gifted them an incredibly generous trade package. KD walked to a 73 win team with nothing going back.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah I personally don't think it's possible to lose a trade if you're getting someone as good as AD back and obviously with what they know now the Lakers do that deal 100 times out of 100 but the general reaction to that move was that the Pels fleeced the Lakers and there were people who thought they'd be better this year. The way he acted in that last year was really lovely but he left them about as well off as you can possibly be after losing someone that good.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Davis has more in common to Kevin Love than Durant.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

lol yeah one guy wasn’t a free agent and refused to play for his team until traded to Lebron

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Paperback Writer posted:

lol yeah one guy wasn’t a free agent and refused to play for his team until traded to Lebron

Is this accurate? I thought NO shut him down to prevent injury that would tank his trade value.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lol at SVG

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Paperback Writer posted:

Yeah kawhi sucks

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Paperback Writer posted:

Cam'ron voice: you maddd

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

Yeah I personally don't think it's possible to lose a trade if you're getting someone as good as AD back and obviously with what they know now the Lakers do that deal 100 times out of 100 but the general reaction to that move was that the Pels fleeced the Lakers and there were people who thought they'd be better this year. The way he acted in that last year was really lovely but he left them about as well off as you can possibly be after losing someone that good.

I don't think it's unfair that people back in the summer were less uncertain about the Lakers than we are now when you consider that we didn't expect LeBron to get the whole team in on defense, the jason kidd assistant coach issue, and the tune squad roster. If they ended up having a post season like the Clippers did, it'd probably be really unclear if AD would stay and if the Lakers would even stay contending. If things did play out that way, then those Lakers firsts would be a huge get.

That said, kiss the ring

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Man desperate for people to stop owning his team its just like kd its just like kd

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i'm just gonna do a big own on the thread to point out the hypocrisy of judging beloved warriors legend kevin durant whereas anthony davis receives no such scorn for shirking his sacred duties as a pelican

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

it's only fair, after all kevin durant grew up idolizing steph curry and dreamed of playing with him from the moment he was drafted two years before him

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Warriors are both lightyears ahead of everyone else and able to do things you've only ever dreamed of but also no different than any other team why are you hating on them.

Tech bros take this schrodingers cat stuff too far

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Durant could've recovered from the warriors stint by now if it wasn't revealed that he uses burners like a teenager neet

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I think KD is a bitch too

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 12, 2020

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

KD is a baby 👶🍼

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

MourningView posted:

AD wasn't the one who negotiated that trade though. It sucks when a player throws a fit to leave a team, especially when they signed a contract with that team. That sucks.

That AD wanted to join a Lakers team that was still trying build themselves into something is fine (joining any team is fine, obviously, but we all love our soap opera and idea of competitive fairness). KD really needs to stop saying "I took the hardest path to a championship by joining the Warriors" though.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

ChickenMedium posted:

Kobe stans should be locked in a musecage and thrown in the ocean

We all should be, let's be honest

It's good to hear that traitor and bitch loser AD is going to sign with the Detroit Pistons to team up with his childhood mentor, Thon Maker

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/JustinGrayWSB/status/1315692296390815746?s=20

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Declan MacManus posted:

i'm just gonna do a big own on the thread to point out the hypocrisy of judging beloved warriors legend kevin durant whereas anthony davis receives no such scorn for shirking his sacred duties as a pelican

you joke, but there are c-tier idiots in this thread who believes this dumb poo poo

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Watch this NBA One Shining Moment:

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1315675366422466562

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
New Orleans, you should be grateful for one of the least impactful 20 point scorers in the NBA and a glue guy for your team not good enough for glue guy to make a difference

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't really care that much about what KD did but he was joining a team that was already the best in the league and which had just beaten his in a tough playoff series through a freak cap situation that left the deck looking impossibly stacked against everyone else until they all got hurt in the last season. AD forced his way onto a team that had just missed the playoffs and where the third best player is either KCP, Danny Green, Kyle Kuzma, Rondo, or Dwight Howard. One of those things offers a much easier path to a championship on paper.

Also AD got loving roasted for the way he handled the end of his time in NOLA so I'm not even sure what fantasy world you're living in where he got a pass. It is true that people are now talking about him being very good at basketball but that also happened with KD after he won.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

I don't really care that much about what KD did but he was joining a team that was already the best in the league and which had just beaten his in a tough playoff series through a freak cap situation that left the deck looking impossibly stacked against everyone else until they all got hurt in the last season. AD forced his way onto a team that had just missed the playoffs and where the third best player is either KCP, Danny Green, Kyle Kuzma, Rondo, or Dwight Howard. One of those things offers a much easier path to a championship on paper.

Also AD got loving roasted for the way he handled the end of his time in NOLA so I'm not even sure what fantasy world you're living in where he got a pass. It is true that people are now talking about him being very good at basketball but that also happened with KD after he won.

i dont think i ever said a word about how good KD was until he left the warriors except for when i was trying to diminish the rest of their all-stars by saying he carried those losers

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Spoeank posted:

Stan Van and the sign makers have completely different capital G's. Dragging: denied.

I'm no handwriting expert but the @ is also slightly different. His @ has a tail at the top of the inside of the symbol, the two on the sign don't and the inside is drawn more like a circle.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Tae posted:

Durant could've recovered from the warriors stint by now if it wasn't revealed that he uses burners like a teenager neet

sorry but finding out that KD gets mad at people on the internet and posts on alt-accounts to defend himself against them is the most understandable & relatable part about him. I got Mad Sympy for KD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

like I’d still serious post in the loving knights subforum