Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Rick posted:

It's weird because usually am studying the Lakers books in like, December, even when they're good, but this is the first time time I'm looking at their salary seriously.

The Lakers are actually in a decent free agent position next year, depending on the order of transactions and the cap's final number they might have the full non-taxpayer MLE and the bi-annual available to them. That might be how they get a shooter.

Who's on the market?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
We have this Otto Porter.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
SGA was kind of all over the board, it took him a little bit to get going at UK but once they finally turned the team over to him he was awesome and they really took off. Some people were put off by the lack of elite athleticism and didn't trust the jumper but there were smart people who had him like top 5. I should have listened to them, he's one of my bigger recent misses.

JaVale McGee has as many nba titles as Larry Bird now lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dexo posted:

If he's healthy he would be so good there.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

MourningView posted:

SGA was kind of all over the board, it took him a little bit to get going at UK but once they finally turned the team over to him he was awesome and they really took off. Some people were put off by the lack of elite athleticism and didn't trust the jumper but there were smart people who had him like top 5. I should have listened to them, he's one of my bigger recent misses.

JaVale McGee has as many nba titles as Larry Bird now lol

i can't believe larry legend only had three what a fuckin fraud

also it's a testament to javale mcgee that he's lasted this long as a valuable contributor despite refusing to learn a single fundamental

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Spacebump posted:

My mind is still blown that LeBron was the oldest on his team while winning Finals MVP. Are there that many players left older than him?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Declan MacManus posted:

also it's a testament to javale mcgee that he's lasted this long as a valuable contributor despite refusing to learn a single fundamental

He's like 10x better than he was in Washington mostly because he pays attention to what's happening when he's in the game.

In general he's been pretty good, and these last few years he's probably passed up a little money in exchange for playing for successful, largely functional teams which is probably a good tradeoff.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Strawberry Panda posted:

The Facebook posters say the answer is your eyes.

ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I feel humiliated.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

toggle posted:

Who's on the market?

This might be the problem. I look at the list and see everyone and $9 mil is too little or too much. Gallo told an Italian newspaper yesterday that he's going ring chasing, but I imagine his relationship with the Clippers makes $6 million from them go farther than $9 from the Lakers. Dragic is probably the most $9 million dude out there but the Heat would probably just try to bring him back a year for that.

E: of course some Klutch Sports magic bringing in Jerami Grant is the dream.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dexo posted:

There's no way he doesn't take that player option, right?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

This might be the problem. I look at the list and see everyone and $9 mil is too little or too much. Gallo told an Italian newspaper yesterday that he's going ring chasing, but I imagine his relationship with the Clippers makes $6 million from them go farther than $9 from the Lakers. Dragic is probably the most $9 million dude out there but the Heat would probably just try to bring him back a year for that.

Grant is getting 20 if i had to guess so uh...good luck

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rick posted:

This sounds like a prelude to the EU Mavs.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Spacebump posted:

My mind is still blown that LeBron was the oldest on his team while winning Finals MVP. Are there that many players left older than him?

Throwback Monday?!?

https://twitter.com/BRWrestling/status/1315736984430637059

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
JaVale getting a third ring is the best part of the Lakers winning, I always liked that dude. It’s too bad he couldn’t really play in Denver, the combination of the altitude and his asthma just had him GASPING for breath on the sidelines even playing moderate minutes, it was really tough to watch.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Part of me doesn't understand how a Mama McGee could raise a knuckle head like him but I've watched enough tough parents on Love After Lock-Up and 90 Day Fiance to know that acting tough for the camera doesn't mean anything

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

kingcobweb posted:

JaVale getting a third ring is the best part of the Lakers winning, I always liked that dude. It’s too bad he couldn’t really play in Denver, the combination of the altitude and his asthma just had him GASPING for breath on the sidelines even playing moderate minutes, it was really tough to watch.

https://open.spotify.com/track/5DVTQj1DYSsvaUpKBLa9Jh?si=0qhwCKgfTkSbMZDsd7vlzw

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

When LeBron was drafted the Kings were a championship contending team

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Lakers (or any team really) MLE candidates

Dragic and Crowder -- both of these guys would only leave for a multi-year deal that beats significantly what the Heat will offer for a one year payday. Something like $9m/3yrs, and even then they may prefer to take a $15m/1yr deal from Miami (who don't care about cap space this off season but want clean books for 2021).

Maurice Harkless
Joe Harris
Jordan Clarkson
Marcus Morris - probably resigning for the Clippers
Aaron Baynes
Tristan Thompson
JaMychal Green (if he opts out of his $4.8m option)
Wes Matthews
Paul Milsap
Derrick Favours (maybe, he probably goes for more than the MLE)

It's not exactly a particularly hot market this year....

And as for Otto Porter you better believe he is accepting his $28m player option

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If Dragic leaves Miami (which I kind of doubt after the post season), he's def going to Dallas.

edit:

Should LeBron be in the best PG of all time discussion?

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 13, 2020

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

Part of me doesn't understand how a Mama McGee could raise a knuckle head like him but I've watched enough tough parents on Love After Lock-Up and 90 Day Fiance to know that acting tough for the camera doesn't mean anything

She was a professional coach! It's gotta be like a teenage rebellion thing where he became the least coach's son player of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I made a Offseason thread so we can all finally leave this bubble

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3943783