Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

So what's up with the Nuggets? I haven't been following them, but I expected a bit more fight out of a 3rd seed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

That buzzer beater by OG in game 3 looks even bigger now. From the brink of elimination to a tied series in two days!

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

So who do you all have for Heat vs. Celtics? I haven't watched much Heat basketball, but the Celtics look like they have a lot of talent. Regardless, go Heat.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

it’s an honor to post with you mr. johnson

lol, I guess I earned that.

chilihead posted:

I got this one fam. The Heat have played well, but if everyone is healthy they have a huge mismatch with the Celtics.

A mismatch which way? You think the Celtics have the advantage?

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Hmm, I was rooting for the Nuggets, but I still feel strangely empty about the outcome. I guess I want both teams to play well, so the loser can leave with their heads held high. The Heat/Celtics game was much more satisfying.

straight up brolic posted:

Well that sucked, you guys can talk poo poo to me about the Clippers if you’d like

Condolences man. Hopefully they come back stronger next year.

straight up brolic posted:

Also I was finding that watching basketball in the bubble was giving me an abnormal amount of anxiety/psychological distress, and I was finding it hard to even watch the games we won, so while it sucks it’s probably for the best in some respects.

Anyone else feeling this way about bubble ball?

I have a hard time watching games where I care about the outcome, and will often just check the score online. Honestly, I prefer to watch games where I'm happy with either outcome.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Spacebump posted:

I'm kind of shocked how much people are making GBS threads on Paul George across the internet. He mentioned going through mental health problems not that long ago. Don't get me wrong, on some level there is humor to the Playoff P stuff but that dude is clearly not in a good place right now.

I agree. I think people feel like their individual comments are fairly harmless, but when it's thousand of people doing it (and some going a step further and directly messaging players, I'm sure), it must have a harmful influence.

Why not focus on players you love rather than players you hate? For me, Jimmy Butler has been really fun this year. He does the Ben Franklin-esque "make sure to show people how hard you're working", but I love seeing success stories like his.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

How do you all go about evaluating match-ups? I'm a pretty casual NBA fan, and I love watching games but I'm sure I miss a lot of subtlety. For example, what are the key player vs. player match-ups to watch in the Lakers/Nuggets series, and what advantages does each team have? Do you all read articles about this stuff, or just get a sense of it over the regular season, or is it just speculation?

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Thanks, that's great information, Declan. In general, is there a typical pattern to how defenses try to match up? Do you just stick your best defender on their best scorer, or is it often matched up by height/strength, with your big guy defending their big guy and your fast guy facing their fast guy?

I'm always tempted to watch the player with the ball, but I think I appreciate the game better when I just pick a single player to watch for a few possessions to see what they do off-ball too.

I'll try to tune in early on Friday and see what they have to say about the game.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

How high would you put the rims on moon, considering low-grav dunks?

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

I've been rooting for the Lakers, but the Nuggets were a lot of fun to watch. Murray and Jokic are great, so go Nuggets (next year)!

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

He has British citizenship since he moved there when he was a child.

He's on the Brixton Pound.

Luol Deng featured on English currency http://www.espn.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/7089882/chicago-bulls-forward-luol-deng-featured-currency-england
via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

Is the Brixton Pound official currency? It looks like it was created in 2009.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

They need to make a documentary about this whole bubble experience. How long does it take, say, 30-for-30 to make documentaries?