Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tanking is called “gap year” now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can’t really have good vets in roster spots 10-15 because of money and playing time unless they are ring chasing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/ringernba/status/1291143243451600897?s=21

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He will be back in a week that is a nothing injury

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I partially dislocated a kneecap in 7th grade and was fine

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nba players should really be looking into boxes you can get much better value for your dollar

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Check out Nick Nurse's new wine label, Box-One

Lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think Kristaps should be possessive

Kristap’s Porzingis

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He spent years of his childhood in a Trappist Sanitarium in Bratislava convalescing from accute Kristap’s porzingis

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hahah rip

Oh well

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Signing horford looks smart now !!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They aren’t beating Milwaukee in 10000000 million years

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well the season is only like 4 more games so Simmons should be back in a week then I guess

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Metapod posted:

How will you feel when Ben gets traded for cp3 and a couple firsts

That’s fine whatever

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s not saying booker should go to Golden state so idgi

https://twitter.com/rachel__nichols/status/1291869575525675009?s=21

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can’t feel anymore

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The first good Celtic

https://twitter.com/gwashburnglobe/status/1292614819057676288?s=21

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The sixers haven’t played good defense all “year”

They aren’t going to start now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

DeimosRising posted:

Orlando are so depressing to watch. You can't even really see a route to improving for them unless Fultz really does just magically turn into Wade next year and Isaac gets healthy and hits his absolute best case scenario. They're bad, but the east is so terrible that still means perpetual 8 seeds.

It was strange to see Fultz shooting “normally” and still not being very good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah he’s def an nba guard

Still plenty of time for him to be v good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Doltos posted:

Yea once again NBA thread being too knee jerk with young players. Fultz absolutely has a ton of potential and he's essentially in his second season. He's great at getting to the basket and finding guys, plus he's just so big and fast. Sure his 3 is janky as gently caress but there's time to develop that. Magic got a steal with him.

Steal idk

His contract is enormous. It was a decent gamble

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Good for him getting so much money for not doing much

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The playoff collapse is going to be good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Drunk Canuck posted:

https://twitter.com/BlakeMurphyODC/status/1293925479834095618?s=19

Yeah beat reporter only put in a request for comment within the hour so this isn't going to get immediate response.

Jesus that tweet is grim

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

To be fair to Boylen that is just every time out he took

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe +2 wins

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Didn’t Sacramento just have bad injury luck this year

I didn’t follow them much

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Not drafting luka was a big big gently caress up

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

20 mill is about right for Barnes. It’s not outrageous

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Luke Walton is an example example of coaches do not loving matter

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spoeank posted:

It's not the craziest contract but when you consider all the effort and energy that went into securing barnes (trade, handshake deal on an opt out, etc) while the rest of the roster looked like it does it just doesn't make sense.

Edit: the main problem with Vlade is he hit a big fat honkin reset button on the team every six months so he would get credit for having the wherewithal to undo his mistakes. It was just a lot of mistakes to undo, all the time

Maybe

Looking at their stats they could not rebound at all and as I guess ??? The nominal power forward that is on him a bit. Also the fact that teams shoot very against the Kings. Maybe he played small forward more

I’d say that’s more of not having a nba caliber two way big on the roster. You need people to play defense near the rim at some point . Richaun homes and Harry Giles isn’t going to get it done in the nba

I don’t know I don’t watch them much since they are west coast

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

Richaun Holmes was very very good for us and why we managed to hang in early in the season when everyone was getting hurt. He's not a great defensive big and basically kind of like a mini Montrez for us, but he was valuable.

I love Giles but he's not a great defender. Too skinny to hold off bigger guys and lost all his athleticism so can't play above the rim. He'll get some heady stops or hustle plays on that end but a lot of the time he looks outmatched down there.

Dedmon couldn't do anything and part of our resurgence came from Alex Len having a pulse and a big body

Yeah I specifically said “two way” because as you mention Rochaun can fill it up

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Here is what I was looking at

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

45 wins maybe

If they are healthy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Declan MacManus posted:

i think they’re gonna try way too hard to prove they’re “back” and either end up with a bunch of injuries or winning 54 games but getting knocked out in the first round because they’re gassed

I can’t see them having a point differential to get to 54

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Metapod posted:

They have klay Thompson

Even if they get their Drating down it was still 113 this year

Klay is fine but he’s not getting that down to 107 or whatever

And that is assuming they can get their ortg back above 110

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Metapod posted:

Teams play better with their best player

Maybe . Klay will improve their offense and defense but Wiggins is going to play 2000 + minutes

They have the worst offense in the league and the 26th defense

There isn’t much there besides klay and Steph

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

straight up brolic posted:

has anyone been having a ton of issues with the app lately? I can't even get the most troll free forums on the web to load on there

There was a very recent update

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The regular season already is a play in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My expectation is the Celtics sweep the sixers and win by an average of 10 per game