Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

WhyteRyce posted:

Can't wait for his next sideline interview where he talks about the genocide of the native American population and how schools teach it like it was some land or border dispute before ending with they'll try and get DeRozan in some pick and rolls to get him going

This honestly should be the new Meta. It makes these pointless interviews serve some purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Jim Boylen gets the wrong message and proclaims Cyprus will always be Turkish before telling a reporter that Markannen has to want it and earn his minutes out there.

Jimcauses a crisis by taking a hard stance on the Armenian-Azerbaijan border crisis

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Poque posted:

if they do it'll be a number in the teens

I mean if they are retiring it shouldn’t it be in the 20s

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Poque posted:

Do you think these resorts have the weird hotel rooms with adjoining doors between rooms, and if so, which two players are having the most fun sleepovers?

This would have been Duncan’s time to shine

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1292206836519563264

Jeanie Buss is advocating for us to Seize her family's wealth I guess.

Or an intern is getting frisky

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Warren has embraced the bubble and is now a volcel

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

does amicably settling a paternity suit count

I mean Reddick did it better

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Intruder posted:

Finally James Harden wins the long game as he has several strippers he can provably refer to as long standing personal friends

Hell so can Lou

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Spacebump posted:

I assume Butler isn't lying based on how his free agency went. However, a reason to lie in that situation is it sounds better when you choose to leave your company for a competitor vs getting told they don't want you back.

On the other hand if they didn’t offer Jimmy woukd whine and cry about that endlessly

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

When your right you’re right

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The whole reason people pushed for sports outside the money makers was it’s a good distraction.

It’s legit one of the few smart plays Trump has made

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Could Simmons fix Boylen?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah it’s funny Irving called this poo poo out months ago and he was crucified, which was a supposed to be your first hint of what the bubble was going to be

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Irving was derailing the bubble talk so there is no way WOJ was standing up for him

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

People have been conditioned to think empty gestures mean something so if this is showing players empty gestures are empty then it has accomplished something

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

How does this work

He already has the award....he could just leave

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Boycotts work if they hurt. Taking away sports will hurt.

This isn’t some silly bi bullet nonsense but something America in particular desperately needs. Something that will hurt

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean if you want to talk about the black lives matter stiff cops are a bipartisan issue.

Voting isn’t going to change that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Good for them, hope they don’t get cold feet. A lot of pressure is coming their way

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Come on Magic do you really want to be scabs in a series you are going to lose

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lockback posted:

Serious question, but what actions should the owners take? That's not a challenge I just don't know what the owners could realistically do.

They are wealthy, they have way more policy effect than any voter

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The problem with postponing is they are doing it response. The story is already on the bucks players.

It’s to late

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

SVG made a point that the players might keep playing because it will keep media attention on them for the rest of the playoffs.

This was the arguement for the bubble originally.

If they fall for that again

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

adam silver likely saw that the president of the nbpa was about to announce a strike, cut it off at the head, and i would imagine they and a few other players (lebron, etc.) are in a meeting right now to discuss what happens next

it will be a compromise, and it will be a huge fuckin bummer

I mean the president was never going to announce a strike, this was always going to be unofficial or the union could face consequences later

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Also I should mention what compromise could you even do at this point

The league already comprised and it did nothing

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

by chris paul announcing his intention to "boycott" a game as the president of the union, he's effectively endorsing a strike among the members of the union, which is a big deal

I mean with the playoffs in full steam just losing one high seed and the whole project collapses.

If this was the regular season I would agree

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Hoping for any one cop to be arrested is nice but ultimately fruitless gesture.

Unless you strike every time it happens it’s to reactive to matter

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Save us Kyrie

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lockback posted:

Because something big happened today that was only possible because they were there?

I mean it only means something because they didn’t do it before

And if they don’t follow through it will end the end mean nothing

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Like this can’t be stated enough if they go out and play again then we are in the exact same position as last week

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

got some chores tonight posted:

incrementalism is often disappointing but when the increment is "if you murder an unarmed person, you will go to jail, even if youre a cop", it is an increment worth pursuing rather than waiting for capitalism to fall over

if less black people died in the short run, that's a Good Thing

I mean the biggest problem is can you even do one with the other.

Like body cams where supposed to be incrementalism and look how that worked

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Just eliminating QI for cops would be a massive step forward and may force cops to think for half a second before shooting someone

The problem is juries don’t convict, they just won’t

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

This is at least a good sign

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean the cops are right now abducting protestors from their cars during the day.

Might want to look into that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dexo posted:

but enough about the standard operation procedure of the Chicago Police.

The black site that Chicago has been using for years shoes how anemic voting really is.

Obama didn’t even bring that poo poo up

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Is research your vote the new protest vote? In that they are both meaningless gestures to make you feel better

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Adun posted:

Condolences for living in a lovely part of the country

There are like four good candidates in all the US
It’s pretty slim pickings

Especially if you limit it to ones who can win

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dexo posted:

I'm the wrong person to come at about Voting, as I take that poo poo extremely loving seriously coming from things I grew up learning and stories I was told growing up as a kid.

Everyone who can easily vote should imo, even if they hate everyone on the ballot.

Voting is to reduce harm, if you find someone to vote for who you think is great then cherish it, campaign for them help them win, they will probably end up losing due to some primary bullshit but you still try.

Voting isn't a solution it's not going to magically fix anything. Almost assuredly so when it comes to capital, but man. poo poo is really bad out here rn.

Note: This is not meant to be any sort of admonishment, this is my personal beliefs. I don't think you should vote for someone if you truly do find them reprehensible even if they are technically "better".

anyway.

Boylen is a really bad coach.

I ain’t gonna go at you for doing what you need but I wish people at least recognize what voting, especially in a two party system, entails.

Like people convince themselves voting in itself accomplishes something even if the person who they advocate for directly says they won’t do a thing.

Like Biden has been pretty pro police but people still advocate for him on this issue

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I’m more surprised the Bucks wimped our at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That said good on Lebron I was wrong about him