Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Little white dogs suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Chihuahuas generally have good temperaments, so do Bichons (which is one of the most well mannered breeds). There's just an odd stereotype against them because, as usual, chihuahuas were (and still are) a popular breed, and when a breed is popular the amount of incompetent owners increases proportionally. I've known as many heinously poorly trained Pirs, Labs, Retrievers, Shibas, etc. as any other breed. If the breed is popular it will have tons of examples of irresponsible owners. People buy and adopt dogs on a whim.

People just project weird personal poo poo onto animals. From all the vet tech work I've done I've known a staggering amount of people with animus against small breeds because they consider them "gay" or effete. People who treat dogs as status symbols are uniformly garbage. So do people who instinctually loathe breeds because of the owner's stupidity.

At least have some awareness of your own brainless bias before getting bizarrely mad at small dogs.

Honestly if most people realized that they can't have a loving Pit in their tiny rear end apartment and just got a small breed the world would be a much better place with way less Pits in shelters because people just always want the hot-ticket status breed instead of something that actually suits their circumstances.

Little white dogs DO suck rear end, tho

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Haha yeah but no they do they're terrible it's ok I understand the concern and care in your post I just wish that every small white dog died right now

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Plant MONSTER. posted:

big beef city I need you here: _ cause right now you're here: ¯

Because I used dumb verbage to tease lsbb about dogs?
Relax homey.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yapping like my neighbors little white dog, drat

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

AHH F/UGH posted:

dogs are dumb and annoying and loud and people who own them have separation complexes and they think that just because a dog looks as if it's smiling at them when it wants food that it means that the dog loves them like a human

cats at least are just real with it, and you just need to give them food water and a place to poo poo and you don't ever have to take them outside or do anything with them and they're fine

dogs are like perpetual babies that never grow up, what kind of sadist submits themselves to that poo poo

Dogs manage to sniff and lick butts w/o almost killing themselves, so

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

gary oldmans diary posted:

speaking of places to nap

I build my dogs a pillow fort with a blanket roof when they nap on the couch

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm seeing a lot of words on this page attempting to hand wave away the fact that small white dogs are terrible things that should be put into the trashbin of history like apartheid and MC Hammer pants.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

StrangersInTheNight posted:

That nasty corn chips smell big dogs get when people don't wash them enough (i.e. most big dog owners)

You walk into a house, it's everywhere, you sit on the couch and the smell POOFS out at you from the cushions and you gag quietly. The dog comes up panting and the nasty scent roooollls towards you like a tsunami.

I know lots of people say they can tell when they enter a cat house bc of the piss smell. You can always tell a Big Dog house in the same vein. Just...musty dog rear end.

The problem with this is that on the one hand, your dogs feet smell like fritos.
On the other hand you and everything you've been within 12 feet of within 48 hours reeks of cat piss forever, constantly.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ralph Hurley posted:

I always thought the ear clipping thing was so their ears wouldn’t get torn off when fighting other dogs. Any time I’d see like a pit with no ears I assumed the owner is a scumbag dog fighter.

man you must have assumed there was one hell of a lot of dog fighting going on