Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which forum is better
This poll is closed.
GBS 1375 49.66%
FYAD 1394 50.34%
Total: 2769 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
GBS, but only after everyone who complains about FYAD rage quits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ETdDbmH2c0

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
if i dont like a post, i wont read it. if i dont like a poster, i wont read their posts. if i hate a thread, i wont read it. if im reading the paper and come across an article i think is dumb as gently caress, i wont read it, unless it is so stupid that it makes me laugh. if the whole paper sucks, i throw it in the trash; it only cost 25 cents who cares. or maybe i will burn it as kindling for a backyard bbq, recycling is good

it isnt rocket science

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I like to post in GBS, but i like to lurk in FYAD

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
fyad pwns j00

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Zippy the Bummer posted:

if i dont like a post, i wont read it. if i dont like a poster, i wont read their posts. if i hate a thread, i wont read it. if im reading the paper and come across an article i think is dumb as gently caress, i wont read it, unless it is so stupid that it makes me laugh. if the whole paper sucks, i throw it in the trash; it only cost 25 cents who cares. or maybe i will burn it as kindling for a backyard bbq, recycling is good

it isnt rocket science

which forum should we burn

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

feelix posted:

which forum should we burn

cspam

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
both fyad and gbs suck rear end, but fyad has a godawful style sheet

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Chewbecca posted:

BYOB is the best, close thread

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Or rather actually don't close the thread. I'd like to see you guys reach that outcome on your own.

Vanisheerrrrrr!!!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you wanna see some real clowns go to d&d

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
wizard master master wizard

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
we might not be able to agree on if gbs or fyad is better, but what we can agree on is byob is worse.

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts

Prof. Crocodile posted:

this is pretty common in 2020 gibbis

gbs is like that quiet kid in elementary school with a really bad homelife, and most of the time he's funny or at least normal but you never know what's going to set him off

GBS spoke in claaaaaaass today

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
BYOB, op.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Derpies posted:

GBS is only missing a proper Canadian idiot king to take us to new dizzying heights of white noise posting

Fyad is a finishing school for already extremely polished posters. At its best the geeb is an endless street brawl of hundreds of the worst posters the site has to offer, but whoever can learn to post with the grey horde will be an excellent poster too

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I don't really comprehend BYOB but posting there sometimes is good for the posters soul

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
FYADs the better one, the dog whistle and magic card and wife thread alone are the best

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I remember liking gbs 15 years ago but now it seems super aggro all the time and not very funny outside of the photoshop threads

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

gbs seems to deal with humour like a tribe of apes encountering fermented fruit. it's good when they stumble across some, and watching the hooting and hollering when they do is great fun, but they sure as poo poo don't understand it and have no idea how to reproduce it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You don't need fermented fruit to have fun.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

All forums have their own senses of humor they think is funniest and no one is better at it than anyone else really, besides PYF, which is so unrelentingly corny I will have it destroyed I will destroy it I will never forgive them.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

GBS has Subjects which is good. Involved posts about stuff and subjects that you can learn from greatly but you don't have to post serious about it. Also this forum has no coherency whatsoever and I don't know why people act like it does. I think their brains are severely poisoned from the other, smaller forums and act like everyone in GBS knows each other. Some of the other smaller forums are like glorified chatrooms. I'm one of the most prolific posters in GBS and I dunno who like 9/10ths of the posters are. It feels still like an actual, oldschool forum with a cacophony of disparate voices that occasionally find unity and harmony when telling VikingSkull to suck poo poo out of the nearest freaking rear end in a top hat.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Another Wizard Master thread that will reach 1,000+ pages easily

How does he keep doing it??

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Phlegmish posted:

You! You've pissed me off again, what have I told you about posting immediately after me. How many times do I have to teach you this lesson.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Phlegmish posted:

It's magic.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

You! You've pissed me off again, what have I told you about posting immediately after me. How many times do I have to teach you this lesson.

[narrows eyes] you've just made a powerless enemy

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Emptyquote, lol, anime sig that takes up half a page, Barnacle Jim.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
The racism has started in there already.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

it's very hard to care either way op!

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Whichever of the 2 has the least amount of posts about FYAD.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
In FYAD, I hear, they all wear pointy shoes. What's that all about?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Paladinus posted:

In FYAD, I hear, they all wear pointy shoes. What's that all about?

https://youtu.be/veQkt4tS0Tc

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

His gay what?

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

Chewbecca posted:

BYOB is the best, close thread

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i always lol at people calling fyad racist when gbs has a thousand+ page thread dedicated to being racist against chinese people

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Stunt_enby posted:

i always lol at people calling fyad racist when gbs has a thousand+ page thread dedicated to being racist against chinese people

You wouldn't understand Outlander, no why.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kharnifex posted:

You wouldn't understand Outlander, no why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
gbs also big into misoginy and body shaming