Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which forum is better
This poll is closed.
GBS 1375 49.66%
FYAD 1394 50.34%
Total: 2769 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I can't remember the last time I read FYAD, it was a lot of years ago, but I've been reading it since it came back and I can say so far it is much better than GBS in terms of the posting in it.

It's a bunch of happy people having fun with their friends, telling each other jokes making each other laugh, so it's become crystal clear why it was so viciously hatefully maligned by so many goons.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The poll... it was tampered with??? Mods???

ya the vote is rigged imo

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
fyad is wayne and gbs is kanye

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Legin Noslen posted:

Should FYAD have come back? What with all the transphobia and racism.
I know all you racist and transphobic goons want a place where you can be racist and transphobic, but should The Something Awful forums facilitate such a place?

No. The answer is no.

Low tax at vice news holding up a vial of nazis found in FYAD

Iraq war was a perfect metaphor for what happened and goons cant even learn from the seminal events in the formative years of their own lives, i guess

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Charles posted:

I think deleting FYAD was unfair (or at the very least saying they're neoNazis to Vice) but comparing an online forum to a war that's destroyed millions of lives is some real galaxy brain poo poo.

i guess i should have said goons "cant even understand metaphors period, i guess"

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
"x is a metaphor for y"

poster, confused "so you think x is literally y? no its not you idiot :smug:"

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Valko posted:

I don't know who the girl is either but since it's fyad I could assume the worst and probably be right.

this poster is like some guys crazy blog where 15 years after he is still scouring the internet for pictures of iraq and circling oil drums or rusty old artillery shells or whatever and saying this is the PROOF they had WMDs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Strumpie posted:

someone sum up the qcs drama for me.

i haven't looked at qcs in weeks but i know there's been a dozen fyad drama threads already so gimme the deets (that means details), please.

mods lied fyad died but its back now for good