Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mozi posted:

one i had dirty dishes in my sink and left for christmas break and when i came back there were many amazing things happening in there

Can you describe the odor in at least 69 words?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Vastarien posted:

I use paper towels for everything. I had a paper towel of spaghetti for dinner.

A full sheet or one of those half sheets?

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Hey man, if I cooked dinner then someone else can do the cleanup. That's totally fair.

oh poo poo, I live by myself

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

pixaal posted:

Can you describe the odor in at least 69 words?

it didn't smell terrible as much as the strange and vividly colorful fungus-like things growing in bowls of watery something, branching and many-tendriled, proved very memorable. and it was hard to clean up when your sink is full of such

for the record i no longer store dishes in the sink

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

What are you supposed to do with old crockery when you buy new stuff?

It doesn't wear out.
Charity does not want an almost-complete set of plates and dishes
It seems wrong to throw perfectly good plates in the trash

Am i supposed to his them inn a cupboard somewhere unto my death?

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I had the most disgusting roommate in college. For two years.

He was tolerable; paid his share of rent on time, supplied a Sega Genesis, always bought and shared a 12-pack, cooked an amazing meat-loaf, so was pretty decent for a college level roommate.

Would not wash a single dish though. I'd leave stuff over night but get it first thing in the morning. Me and the other roomies would do our dishes and leave his and chastise him to clean up after himself. He never took a bag of garbage out to the dumpster. Never. At first we would fold and end up washing his dishes. After a while, we just started dumping them on his bed, and then in his bed under the sheets. He would shove them out of the bed onto the floor, where they would stagnate. Flies would be attracted. His solution was to buy and use bug spray....

After team yelling matches, everyone else vs him, he would do some cleaning, maybe once a month.

Before our second year, I was going back to college town early and was gonna get the apartment, do the first/last/security and went by his family home to get his share of the downpayment. Everything became clear at that point. From the outside the house looked a bit trashy. poo poo in the yard, broke down car on the lawn, etc. Inside was a war zone. He had spent the whole summer sleeping on what was left of a couch in the living room, scummy blankets, fast food wrappers and dirty dishes everywhere. Everywhere. Rotted out carpet, holes in the wall. It was insane. There was some mental illness in that family and he had inherited a decent dose of it.

He was actually an A+ journalism student. I should google him up and see if he's still successful in the field after all these years.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Moo the cow posted:

It doesn't wear out.

why are you buying new crockery when you just said the old are perfectly good

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Moo the cow posted:

It doesn't wear out.

These are your bad dishes, you use them for after people have had drinks and might break a dish or plate. Eventually your friends will destroy them for you and the problem will solve itself.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Methanar posted:

why are you buying new crockery when you just said the old are perfectly good

1. Upgrades to something nicer or
2. You have a set of plates, but you break one and they don't make that style anymore.

I've got 3 Ikea coffee mugs sitting on a shelf. They've been replaced. They will never be used again as they have a slight design flaw that 10 seconds in a microwave will make handles hot enough to cause 2nd degree burns.

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
I only just got home from work.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
You guys got a lot of excuses, just do the dishes.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
hmm i didnt know water could get moldy.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
im depressed and feel like poo poo and I have done nothing for the past 11 hours but read SA and watch youtube
but I washed a single fork so that I would have a clean one for dinner. problem solved :smuggo:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I still haven't heard any better ideas for where I should put them.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I eat fast food for every meal and I don’t even own dishes I’m also fat and my dick doesn’t work

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I just cooked, I'll clean that poo poo in the morning.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

No dirty dishes here. Since, 3/13, it's been 1-2 loads of dishes per day through the dishwasher. Less eating out, but more dishes.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Eatin straight outta the pan so I don't have to wash a plate too

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020
I just don’t eat.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

I'm so vegan I just eat the grass outside.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Musluk posted:

I'm so vegan I just eat the grass outside.

What do you fertilize that grass with?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

TontoCorazon posted:

I just cooked, I'll clean that poo poo in the morning.

Just do them now. Doing the dishes is part of cooking. It's part of a meal.

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020
Anyone here have kids? Getting them to rinse poo poo off is a milestone

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

If you flip a plate over you can eat off the other side. Then you'll do dishes half as often. Or something like that I dunno

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I wash my plate or bowl if I need to use it or let the cats clean it for me.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What do you fertilize that grass with?

my posts, generally.

Vanisheerrrrrr!!!

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020
My housekeeper takes care, of that nonsense

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Musluk posted:

my posts, generally.

Don't say that I'm sure your posts are fine. Let me just check your post history for one that I like in particular.

Oh..all 100 pages are in a Let's Play for an anime dating sim set in a high school...Oh no.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Don't say that I'm sure your posts are fine. Let me just check your post history for one that I like in particular.

Oh..all 100 pages are in a Let's Play for an anime dating sim set in a high school...Oh no.

Don't shame people for their posts in the dirty dishes thread. Only shame people for not doing the dishes

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Don't shame people for their posts in the dirty dishes thread. Only shame people for not doing the dishes

Sorry you're right. I lost sight of what really matters.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Sorry you're right. I lost sight of what really matters.

Yeah what matters is the dishes. Wash the dishes

Musluk
May 23, 2011

let who without dirty dishes in their sink cast the first stone

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I throw my dirty dishes in the trash and buy all new dishes and silverware each week. I do a similar thing with clothes.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Musluk posted:

let who without dirty dishes in their sink cast the first stone

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Because I was busy doing what I can to prep for school*, so I decided to wait until later. Mrs. Genesplicer has gone to bed, so I'll save them until tomorrow, because it gets a bit noisy, and I don't want to disturb her.

* Due to the fact that we are doing all sorts of weird stuff due to the Coronavirus Interruption and the fact that we can't actually go to the school, things are strange. I'm not even sure what grades I will be teaching next school year, and I have students in one week.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

You can't shame me over dirty dishes because I wash them every night. You can however shame me over pressing up against the sink so the bottom of my shirt will always get soaked by dish water the end of washing the dishes.
Edit: also yes I do fill up the sink with more water than is needed for hand washing the dishes.

marathon Stairmaster sesh fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 3, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
i can’t put them in the dishwasher, that’s where the clean dishes are!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Cause OP's mom hasn't had time to wash them yet (she has been too busy having sex(!) with me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
My kids can be pretty bad at not taking care of their plates and forks and stuff so I've floated the idea of assigning them silverware and dishes that are theirs to maintain. Usually that gets them back on track for a few weeks but I don't get being messy in the first place.

Last night I cooked an involved dinner using several pots/pans, utensils, etc and it took all of maybe 5 minutes to wash by hand afterwards. I did the plates and bowls by hand too but only because I was too lazy to break out of hand washing auto pilot and put stuff into the dishwasher.

Doing dishes was one of my punishments growing up and I hate it but I hate dirty sinks more.