Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Smilies are now searchable by tag.

Tags include static/animated, banner, banner text, dominant color, vanity status, and derivations (like the "smith" family of smilies), as well as more conventional tags like "video games" or "metroid".

This was done as a group project in QCS, with organization by Athanatos and technical assistance by Jeffrey of YOSPOS.

Smile away! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ELI PORTER posted:

oh i see that this has been addressed, never mind

Right, so now you could search for dog, pipe, metaphysics, greed, smoking, and any of those would return the dog that you want

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Prof. Crocodile posted:

e: no moonrio so maybe they are still working on it

:moonrio: is under "dancing", however, as well as a few more. There was a cap on number of characters for the tags, so there's using "dance"/"dancing" (equivalent) if there was space, but if it ran out, usually one or the other.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Potrzebie posted:

Anorher goon project success story!
:frogbon:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Knormal posted:

Hasn't this been available for a few months now? Or am I on some kind of SA dev channel?

Anyway searching for "butt" also returns all the smilies with buttons in them. I just want to see the butts. Please fix.

Searching by the actual code used was possible. For example, you could search "cool" and find both :cool: and :coolspot:.

But being able to type in "classic" and see all the classic-style emojis, or type in "blue" to get all the blue emojis was due to manual tagging that was just completed.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

promising carl posted:

Thank you Pick, I love it.

thanks, many people helped with this project :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Every cat :cabot: