Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Here's my fun Killdozer story: years ago when I worked in a gallery in Colorado a young lady came in one day and I struck up a conversation with her, as was my job. Turns out she was from Granby, and I, being an ever-so-charming goon, immediately said "oh wow were you there for Killdozer?" Smooth, right? Really professional, young BFM.

As it turned out yes, she was there for that event, and her family knew Marvin Heemeyer, and she was really profoundly sad that I had referred to him by that name, it was like I had kicked her dog or something. She talked to me for 20 incredibly awkward minutes about how sad his story really was, how she still felt really bad for him, that the town didn't deserve being known just for one mentally unstable person's drawn-out disastrous suicide and she was tired of people thinking it was funny or cool in any way because it wasn't. She left, deflated and sad, and I still to this day feel like a total prick for ruining her nice Saturday afternoon looking at paintings by being crass about a local tragedy. True story!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU