Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

DC is a much better wrestler than Stipe. He could just, ya know, wrassle.

Note the height discrepancy between DC and Gusstafson, and how easily DC did a wrestle on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Weidman is 36. No time for a late career turnaround unless he wants to move to heavy, where 36 is "beginning of your career" age.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

He's too small to contemplate HW.

A man can dream. Realistically he should retire. I don't know how many fights are left on his contract but once he's done with that he'll probably flit off to BKFC or somewhere dumb. He's been knocked out too much in the last few years and when he does win it's not impressive. He will be remembered for shittin in trash cans and financing a dog.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I was thinking that Jones could just pressure Ngannou up against the fence and then realized that Ngannou is probably hilariously stronger than Jones. Also we've all seen that all it takes is a clip across the chin for Ngannou to send someone to the land of wind and spirits. I'd watch that fight.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

It really depends on how much time Jones is gonna take before fighting at HW and how much muscle he's gonna want to put on and how much fat he's gonna put on and whether the added weight will hurt his conditioning and lots of other variables. Nothing is concrete until the cage door closes I suppose.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Derrick Lewis vs. Jon Jones. Pls Dana. Book it.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

JaySB posted:

There's one version we haven't considered yet. Jones could go up to HW and fight DC again...

I'm torn about this. I don't want DC to fight anymore, and as much as I hate Jones, I don't see what DC has for him at HW that he didn't have at LHW.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I'm only excited for a 50 year old DC fighting Jones in BKFC in 10 years.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

I think the big question is whether Jones has been turning in tepid performances against LHWs for the past couple years because of a lack of competition/motivation or because he’s fading. The Jon Jones who got a split decision against a one legged Santos and arguably lost to Reyes probably doesn’t find much joy against top 5 HW’s.

This is a good point. At heavyweight his reach is almost matched by a lot of guys so that advantage slips. Added bulk might hurt his conditioning. I think he'd easily get bodied by Stipe. Jon Jones is not a knockout artist by any means, and I don't think he would have the size or strength required to physically bully a lot of heavyweights. He'd be forced into firefights that he might not come out of very well. Then again, it's all up in the air until he actually gets in there and does it.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Rumble vs. Anthony Smith it is then.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Rumble vs. Johnnie Walker it is then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Jon Jones is the final evolution of a 3 Stooges gag.