Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

The second fight was really goddamn close until those body shots. My theory is that Stipe absolutely did drill them and planned them, but purposefully didn't throw them early. He waited till DC was a little tired before he started throwing them, reasoning that it would be much harder for DC to adapt later in the fight.

DC doesn't adapt to anything at any point in fights so that would be a stupid rear end plan. Also DC can't wrestle Stipe to win because that'll make him exhausted by the 2nd round. If he wins it'll look like the first fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

moctopus posted:

Well it's certainly dumb, in my opinion, to be banned, but it is against the rules and they all know it.

And if you and your opponent are both restless sleepers and you're able to get better sleep leading up to a fight (perhaps with less side-effects/narcotic hangover) than you're opponent you can create an unfair advantage I suppose.

But there's tons of other sleep-aids so maybe I'm playing devil's advocate a little bit.

It's weed you loving dork.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

spb posted:

He hasn't fought since like 2018

Goldfish. He fought Jeremy Stephens in October.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 5, 2020

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I'd rather work for free than watch TUF.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He throws that stupid jump kick a lot too.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

canada jezus posted:

IV ban just hit this dude like a ton of bricks.

People keep saying this and ignoring that he was constantly injured. That probably has way more to do with his decline than not drinking water.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Foul Fowl posted:

i'm 99% sure this was ben askren in his very early bellator days. they did a rematch and askren beat him by decision the second time.

How would Ben Askren be promoted as undefeated with a loss on his record?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

Kinda like how Khabib whomping RDA really convinced me of how good he was

All of Khabib's UFC opponents before Dos Anjos were vastly better than the two bums Chimaev beat.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

leftist heap posted:

Jones' striking defense is way, way better.

It isn't. He gets hit by anyone who throws more than single strikes and leaves himself wide open for counters because he uses his reach and height(poorly) to insulate him. Every fighter who is around the same height has touched him up.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 18, 2020

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yeah it seems like you don't watch Jones fights and just listen to what Joe Rogan says about him.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He's either striking or he's wrestling and he doesn't use one to set up the other. Davis has a good top game but the way he fights doesn't give him many ways to get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Mark Hunt has demonstrated good rear end techniques.