Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
I think that Jones beats Stipe and Lewis, but loses to the rest if the top 5. Blaydes is a toss up for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013

Southpaugh posted:

I'd like to hear the logic behind this.

Stipe is heavyweight Bisping. Volume boxer with little variation in his comfortable combos, not much power, and okay wrestling. I think Jones can out strike and out wrestle him, especially if DC was giving him trouble standing up.

Lewis is a reticent power puncher with a slow start. I don't think he has the technique or gas tank to handle Jones. What little we've seen of Jones chin doesn't suggest it will break, so it's hard to definitely say Lewis has a puncher chance beyond intrinsic HW puncher chance.

Blaydes depends on how Jones operates when he bulks up. I think Jones pieces him up on the feet. Question is does Jones with another 30ish pounds of muscle withstand the grappling. If he can shrug that off like he shrugged DC off in first fight then Jones takes it. If not, Blaydes smothers him.

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
Stipe Francis title fight with Jones Blaydes comain same card.

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
Lewis Ngannou

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
125 has fighters. They may not be good yet, but there are fighters. There are what, two 145 plus a few 135 that can move up?

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
What was the DC compensation trash talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013

Hollandia posted:

I'll always respect Makdessi's waving off his fight after Cowboy kicked his jaw in half. It was really calm and composed iirc, just 'oh, drat, well what are you gonna do I guess?"
Then he was posting vids with his jaw wired shut lol

Yeah I was super impressed with that. Hope he didn't get poo poo for living to fight another day